• 2(current)
Frodo & Gotham Linux Builds for Amlogic M3 Devices
I've been away from my machines and build server more than a week and got some catch up to do in my studies due to holydays, hopefully I'll get soon to update the Linux builds.

@Rod1
I'm not sure what you mean by Bluetimes M3 and Pivos builds, this a bit cryptic.
If you was using the Linux builds for the Pivos Xios DS then your device is probably a Mygica A11/A10 and you need a proper image for your device.
The only Bluetimes M3 model I know of (hearsay) that works with "G-Box" builds is the one with the 3.5" hdd tray, if you got this one then flashing Android before the Linux build might work.
If you got a Mygica A10/A11 device then be aware that building an image for my Mygica A11 is on my todo list.

@warrior420
Regarding passthrough in Gotham, did you tried editing the guisettings.xml ?
Regarding network buffer, the patch in Frodo is not needed anymore as the feature included in mainline Gotham, I might give this another look but it's not on top of my list.
@dhead

I did try enabling dts + ac3 in guisettings.xml and a couple other lines that were "false" that had to do with audio output. Unless I am missing something , it didn't work. My setup is hdmi to TV and optical audio out from TV to stereo. It worked with Frodo on gbox and atv2 that way once I enabled ac3+dts
Hi dhead

Yes it is the Blue times model with the 3.5in bay. Always wanted to use it as a NAS as well as a media centre, but a bit difficult when it won't give you a stable IP. Not sure how the kernel gives it a different MAC address.. This should be permanent.

Anyway,will try flashing from scratch from android..

Thanks.
@warrior420
Thanks for confirming the issue, I'll see what can be done after next build (which will be focused on wifi throughput and more drivers enabled).

@Rod1
Do you know if the MAC changed even with the original Android firmware ?
Yes, the MAC address is stable under Android, which means that I can set a static IP with my router. I am assuming it it something with the original J1nx linux kernel build.
@Rod1

What version of J1nx build did you used ?
I believe there was an issue with MAC on the early versions (should work with beta2).
Just thought I'd let you know. I'm using your Frodo build and it works perfectly. No MAC or buffer issues on Ethernet. Is there any support for USB air mouse remotes in these builds?

Thanks
@pkates

Nothing special about air mouse remotes, these are recognized as mice and keyboards so it should work.
It was to SLAV STTV5 build 4, so relatively recent.

OK, finally got around to flashing back to Android and then flashing your Gotham firmware, which was working great on my TV when plugged into HDMI.

However, one of the reasons I got the Bluetimes M3 HDD unit was that not only does it have a 3.5in HDD bay, but it also has YUV Component output so that I can play it over component cables I have wired into my roof to my projector. It's then that I discovered that your build doesn't boot without HDMI- bummer. I get the MX Linux Kernel screen and then it just turns off.

I know that support YUV isn't a priority for most, but it did work in previous builds... any ideas?
(2014-04-29, 17:46)Rod1 Wrote: It was to SLAV STTV5 build 4, so relatively recent.

This doesn't help, I've got no idea who this STTV5 and did the developer also linked to the sources ?

(2014-04-29, 17:46)Rod1 Wrote: OK, finally got around to flashing back to Android and then flashing your Gotham firmware, which was working great on my TV when plugged into HDMI.

However, one of the reasons I got the Bluetimes M3 HDD unit was that not only does it have a 3.5in HDD bay, but it also has YUV Component output so that I can play it over component cables I have wired into my roof to my projector. It's then that I discovered that your build doesn't boot without HDMI- bummer. I get the MX Linux Kernel screen and then it just turns off.

I know that support YUV isn't a priority for most, but it did work in previous builds... any ideas?
You didn't confirm the MAC stays constant.
I don't got a device with YPbPr output but I'll add it to my todo list.

Did you ever tried J1nx's builds ? if so then did the YPbPr worked ? it the answer positive then please try my Frodo build.
STTV builds J1nx based roms for Matricom devices.

http://matricom.net/forum/index.php?topic=2733.0

Yes it does get a stable MAC/IP under android, but so far all Linux builds don't get a stable MAC, including yours. I have tried J1nx beta 2 and several Pivos based builds, and all of them seem to support YPbYr. As I said, if yours doesn't detect an HDMI connection, it just switches the box off.
(2014-04-11, 12:25)dhead Wrote: My M3 devices were missing some love and updated XBMC Linux builds so I decided to go with compiling images myself.

Thank you all for your work. Big Grin

Quote:Sources are available at https://github.com/MakakLabs/buildroot-amlogic-xbmc, compiling from staging_frodo and staging_gotham branches will usually end with an image that include the latest fix.

I have a xios media play (m3) box. Will running "make m3_linux_f16ref_gbox_defconfig && make " build an image for this box or do I need to use another buildroot target?

Are you using the mx_linux_xiosm3_defconfig target? I think that it contains some deprecated options.
@wojciii

No for both.

I can't say if a Mygica A11 (which I will offer soon) can flashed as it is on a Xios, I need to review the differents between the configs.
Corey offers a JynxBox M3 build that might work for the Xios M3 but I wouldn't reccomend on flashing it blindly before making sure it won't brick you device.
(2014-05-01, 15:20)dhead Wrote: @wojciii

No for both.

I can't say if a Mygica A11 (which I will offer soon) can flashed as it is on a Xios, I need to review the differents between the configs.
Corey offers a JynxBox M3 build that might work for the Xios M3 but I wouldn't reccomend on flashing it blindly before making sure it won't brick you device.

I have serial port / access to u-boot, so recovery should be possible.. unless someone decides to flash an invalid u-boot, which I doubt.

Where would I find some more information about what is working and what is not? Any wiki on what buildroot to use for what targets?
@wojciii

No wiki, read the code and git commits.
At this point only the gbox target is updated (Staging branches in my repositories), JynxBox M1/M3 at Corey's, TLBB M3 at J!nx's.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo & Gotham Linux Builds for Amlogic M3 Devices7