• 15(current)
Frodo & Gotham Linux Builds for Amlogic M3 Devices
@matt77303

Are you using an MX2 or M3 box? As I have noticed this issue with my MX on wireless - XBMC loads before it is connected and therefore the XBMC.org repository is always empty for me. I've asked the question a couple of times and not go an answer. It works fine on my older gbox midnight 2.2 though - with the builds from this thread using network manager and wireless, presumably because it takes a couple of seconds longer to load or because of the different kernel?. I'm looking for a way to delay the startup so it has time to load and connect. I think you can enter a sleep command in on the start-up files but not 100% on that. If I find the answer I'll let you know.

Thanks
heh everyone.

Just loaded M3_LINUX-GBOX-update-20140525.zip onto my M3 G-Box Midnight 2.2.

It was previously running Frodo using the J1NX instal. This was smooth, but a bit clunky.

I must say the M3_LINUX-GBOX-update-20140525.zip version installed fully trouble free. It took about 5 minutes in total after the toothpick method.

It is a clean install however, so therefore i had to reinstall my usually stuff...

Fusion, Mashup, Navi-X, Icefilms etc. I also re-added connection to my local NAS SMB, added advanced.xml (using XBMC file editor) file to enable connection to MySQL database for my movies.

Running on a wired ethernet connection, this Gotham runs beautifully smooth, 1080P, and not obviously clunky compared to the J1NX Frodo version. I would defo recommend adding this to your Midnight 2.2.

Many thanks!!!
(2014-07-07, 11:32)dlxs84 Wrote: @matt77303

Are you using an MX2 or M3 box? As I have noticed this issue with my MX on wireless - XBMC loads before it is connected and therefore the XBMC.org repository is always empty for me. I've asked the question a couple of times and not go an answer. It works fine on my older gbox midnight 2.2 though - with the builds from this thread using network manager and wireless, presumably because it takes a couple of seconds longer to load or because of the different kernel?. I'm looking for a way to delay the startup so it has time to load and connect. I think you can enter a sleep command in on the start-up files but not 100% on that. If I find the answer I'll let you know.

Thanks

sorry for the delay in replying.

Im running a gbox midnight rev 2.2. i gave up trying to get the wireless working. It was always flakey at best anyway.

Just used a home plug to give it wired network. perfect.

Now if only i could get airplay video working on it it would be perfect.

Matt
Main - LG - OLED65CX6LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV - Yamaha RXV383 - N2plus running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
BedRoom - Panasonic DX-700 UHD TV - N2 running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
Server - debian based 10TB Media Server 
Same here, I'm on my toes for airplay
airplay audio works on mine, just not video.

I think the key to it is upgrading it to 13.1 final not beta as airplay was broke on my linux install of 13.1 beta but works on the final

Matt
Main - LG - OLED65CX6LA 65" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED TV - Yamaha RXV383 - N2plus running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
BedRoom - Panasonic DX-700 UHD TV - N2 running CoreELEC Nexus - Harmony Elite remote
Is any other build in the works. Should i hold my breath for a 13.1 dhead build or just pass?
Thanks for your updates folks
I tried various builds from various people. All had problems.

Not saying I could do any better but I gave up and bought a pi.

Brilliant.

Matt
Anyone havin' audio sync problems when using spdif pass-through on Gotham with M3? My MX does on every Gotham build available (Linux, OpenELEC, Android). Seems like the AE rework in Gotham broke it, because with Frodo it was fine.
My XBMC / Kodi history.
XBMC for XBOX -> XBMC for Windows -> XBMC for Android -> Kodi for Android - > Kodi v16 OE (Amlogic) -> Kodi v17 LE (NUC 2x) -> Kodi v18.5 LE (NUC 2x)
My GBox Midnight Rev. 2.2 is not really able to work in 1920x1080 mode. It is only possible to use it in 1280x720 with Frodo Build from 5th of July on first page.

Does anybody have a really useful build or other OS image to finally use the box as it was sold.

FullHD is not 1280x720. Sad
^

Did you try the Gotham build on page 1.
Yes I did but I can't notice any positive differnce to frodo build.
I know j1nx has some builds you could google and try. Look for beta 2. Please post back if you find anything that works. I am also looking for a different build as wifi and pass through is not working on Dhead Gbox 2.0 build.
I have a generic M3 player which I purchased in China and appears to be the sane as the G-Box 2.0. I could not get to the recover screen to install the software here until I recovered it using an image file from elsewhere. After that the recovery screen was accessible and I was able to flash the M3_LINUX-GBOX_2.0-update-20140525.zip software. I have noticed two main issues so far:

Attempting to ssh in simply times out even though ssh is detected by nmap. Making ssh more verbose does not yield any clues.

If I change from 720 to 1080 resolution it looks fine until I power cycle it at which time there is no video. Entering recovery mode and clearing the userdata restores operation at 720 res.

Any suggestions on tackling either issue would be welcomed.
Changing the monitor, was an LG PC monitor, has resolved both issues. The video mode makes sense but at a loss to know why ssh cared about the monitor.
Hi all,

I didn't have time lately for pushing out updated builds as I wasn't quite well for a while.
I'm a bit drowning in books and exams but I'm not abandoning this thread.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo & Gotham Linux Builds for Amlogic M3 Devices7