• 17(current)
Frodo & Gotham Linux Builds for Amlogic M3 Devices
looking foward to the next releae for gbox 2.1!

do you have a buy me beer link?! Smile
also, any kodi beta builds to be planned? great work!
Hi, any updates on new builds? Smile Thanks for your work
So far, the only Gotham 13.2 build that I'm aware of for the M1/M3 hardware is The Hydra's Pivos build, which you can find over at the Pivos forums......

http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=4747

This is designed to be a Pivos build, of course. So you will have to copy and paste your remote config files from your existing Frodo build into it, but aside from that, it works great. I would recommend installing it via the Clockwork method, as you might get complaints about non-Pivos hardware if you use the built in Android recovery function.

There's a Kodi Alpha build for this hardware as well. I would imagine it would install in pretty much the same way, but I use my Slav daily, so I'm not messing around with an Alpha build myself. I'm sure it will be a great release when it's finished, just as the Gotham is.
Nostradamus are you able to provide a walk through or basic steps for this clockwork method as I would love to upgrade my mygica a11 to xbmc 13.2 or 14. Tried the pivos builds but as you say they error due to being locked to their hardware. Many thanks
Hi folks,

I hope someone can help me here. I have some experience with flashing custom roms to a Gbox Midnight M3 (actually a Oval Elephant TV Box).

Now someone asked me to try to get XBMC (Linux) to his Smart TV (MTLOGIC LE-427119) with android in it.
Now I found out it is also a AMLOGIC Meson3 8726, so I thought I could handle this.....

But... I've tried several builds (all mentioned in this topic), but I keep getting an error message, such as:

"failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "f16ref" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "f16ref"

Can anyone tell me, where I go wrong? Or can someone help me to get the right build for this device? (Gotham or Kodi)

Thanks!
(2014-11-01, 13:13)morfmedia Wrote: Nostradamus are you able to provide a walk through or basic steps for this clockwork method as I would love to upgrade my mygica a11 to xbmc 13.2 or 14. Tried the pivos builds but as you say they error due to being locked to their hardware. Many thanks

I would like to try the-hydra Helix build, but like you I need a signed image. There is someone called ccadi who put some signing removal instructions on the tvaddons site, but that site is down at the moment.

The link is the first search result of google
https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourceid=...structions

I have tried these instructions a couple of times, but have never got it to work.

Perhaps if the-hydra or ccadi are reading this, they wouldn't mind uploading a signed image.

Please
Hello @dhead,
Just wanted to update you and anyone else trying this out on the A11 series. I've got a MyGica 510B.

The 1080p issue is now gone. Guess it was caused by an old xbmc tree kicking around. I removed that folder and setup from scratch again (after a reflash) and it seems solid now. No issues streaming 1920x1080 now.
Scratch the above, the output was set to 720p instead of 1080p. Sad Ok, so re-flashing made no diff, back to Frodo it is... arghhhhhh!

Only bit I couldn't find was how to choose more options in the Audio setup. Even in the Expert menu I can't select things like support for TrueHD/DTS-MA receiver capabilities like I can on other XBMC builds. Also the pass through device seems to just be an option when playing. I enabled it, but it didn't seem to send over the raw stream over the HDMI to my receiver (Bose T20).

Not sure if others have seen the same, but any way, I might end up using this in the bedroom so there wouldn't be an issue in that case. I'm running over wired ethernet so it's great.

Oh also the auto update check says it's a Beta 13.1 but final 13.2 is out, I think that's correct.

Lastly, no USERDATA support in this build correct?

Thanks for all your help!
sam
(2014-11-23, 10:11)mac905 Wrote: Hello @dhead,
Just wanted to update you and anyone else trying this out on the A11 series. I've got a MyGica 510B.

The 1080p issue is now gone. Guess it was caused by an old xbmc tree kicking around. I removed that folder and setup from scratch again (after a reflash) and it seems solid now. No issues streaming 1920x1080 now.
Scratch the above, the output was set to 720p instead of 1080p. Sad Ok, so re-flashing made no diff, back to Frodo it is... arghhhhhh!

Only bit I couldn't find was how to choose more options in the Audio setup. Even in the Expert menu I can't select things like support for TrueHD/DTS-MA receiver capabilities like I can on other XBMC builds. Also the pass through device seems to just be an option when playing. I enabled it, but it didn't seem to send over the raw stream over the HDMI to my receiver (Bose T20).

Not sure if others have seen the same, but any way, I might end up using this in the bedroom so there wouldn't be an issue in that case. I'm running over wired ethernet so it's great.

Oh also the auto update check says it's a Beta 13.1 but final 13.2 is out, I think that's correct.

sam

I have been using the-hydra 13.1 for some time, I did try 13.2 but found the size on my tv too small, so I went back to 13.1. When going from Frodo, you need to empty the user data folder, then start again, although, it might be possible, once you have started running gotham, you can copy the user data back.
I have options to set various amp options, I suppose it depends on you amp.
(2014-11-23, 13:15)bubblegum57 Wrote:
(2014-11-23, 10:11)mac905 Wrote: Hello @dhead,

sam

I have been using the-hydra 13.1 for some time, I did try 13.2 but found the size on my tv too small, so I went back to 13.1. When going from Frodo, you need to empty the user data folder, then start again, although, it might be possible, once you have started running gotham, you can copy the user data back.
I have options to set various amp options, I suppose it depends on you amp.

Hi mate, yes, I found this shortly after I posted the update above. Have for the rest of the evening been tinkering with the Hydra 13.1 and 13.2. I found the same issue as you on 13.2 where I couldn't switch to 1080p without it chopping off 3/4 of the screen.

13.1 seems stable and yes allows me all the passthrough options and settings for the amp. Runs smooth and the only complaint is the box runs a fair amount warmer than before with Frodo? But that could be my imagination.

I picked it up from here: http://www.xunitytalk.com/showthread.php...and-clones
Mod's, if linking to other forums is a no-no, please edit it out! I liked dhead's build since it had SMB enabled by default, but not a huge issue. I have yet to find out if the Hydra image handles USERDATA or the like. SleepyBig Grin

cheers!
sam
Is there someone working at a helix release? I guess this project is dead?
(2014-11-23, 19:01)BerndVP Wrote: Is there someone working at a helix release? I guess this project is dead?

Yes, the-hydra has made a helix image http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php...031873acba

but it will only work on the Pivos, unless someone will sign the image.

@mac905, my 510b uses the userdata, not sure what you mean.
(2014-11-23, 19:20)bubblegum57 Wrote:
(2014-11-23, 19:01)BerndVP Wrote: Is there someone working at a helix release? I guess this project is dead?

Yes, the-hydra has made a helix image http://www.pivosforums.com/viewtopic.php...031873acba

but it will only work on the Pivos, unless someone will sign the image.

@mac905, my 510b uses the userdata, not sure what you mean.

Oh thanks man, I didn't have time to totally test it out. Glad to know it's USERDATA enabled, so I'll check this week on it.
If I install this on on ATV 310B, will it also output through component port. I have HD projector but only with component input.
use +/- ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
I'm using the latest Gotham 13.1 release from the first post in the thread on my M3. It seems to be running really sweet but there is one feature I am missing.

I need openvpn for an XBMC addon. Is it a massive task to compile openvpn for the Gotham release?
Easy Home Automation to Control your RF device within Kodi XBMC
Want to watch TV everywhere you go? Pop by the Want To Watch TV site.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo & Gotham Linux Builds for Amlogic M3 Devices7