Feels like I stream when i watch local files..
Hey guys!

When i watch local files, only bigger files, it happens 4-10 times on a 2 hours movie that the movie stops to "load", like I'm watching something on stream, and then it fast forward to the place that i should have been, if it didn't stop.. so like 1 seconds.

not a "big" problem but man is it irritating when you are in the middle of a movie.

does somebody know whats up and how to solve it?Angel
Sounds like hardware issues to me, but you have not provided very much information. Have a look through this: How to post about a problem.

Anytime i had problems like that on local content was when I had HDD read issues.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
I'm running the latest XBMC 13.0 Gotham – Beta 3, no nightly
with Windows 7 x64 SP1
Ram 8Gb
AMD Radeon HD 7800
CPU - i5 3570K (overclock 4,2 Ghz)
HDD i run xbmc on - 120 Gb ssd
HDD - 2 Tb 7200 rpm where i have all my files

sometimes the hdd that the movies are on feels a bit slow, and can take 3-5 seconds to reach when i'm inside xbmc filesystem

is there somehow i can find out if my hdd cause the problem?
Maybe try and put a problem movie on your SSD or Thunb Drive for sake of speed. If it works I would think it is the HDD but if is still lags that would be the movie. Maybe how it was encoded or framerate or something to that effect.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feels like I stream when i watch local files..0