[ATV2] How to clear setting from Apple TV 2
This may be beyond the scope of this forum, but after seeing all the great progress on the fire TV I'm thinking about dumping the ATV2 in favor of Amazon's offering. Seeing these things flying out of ebay for $200+ really sweetens that deal, getting two boxes for the price of one. I know I can just do a full restore and send it out that way but seems like the ones with XBMC preinstalled go for a lot more. So I'm wondering if I should just delete my user settings folder in XBMC, sign out of netflix, etc or is it safer to do a clean sweep and reinstall XBMC afterward? Will "reset to factory default" get rid of the jailbreak or just clear my personalizations?
In theory, if you are signed out of all apple services and netflix, then it should be fine, but I would do a fresh install+jailbreak+XBMC install just to be sure. Be sure to nuke the XBMC userdata (wiki) folder too, though the rejailbreak should handle that on ATV2s. (on iDevices the userdata folder gets backed up by iTunes, but it shouldn't be an issue for ATV2, I think)
Oh, and write down the SHSH blobs for whoever buys the ATV2 (and if you haven't already saved the SHSH blobs for the current iOS version, do that before you rejailbreak, just in case). That way if apple stops singing 5.3 (or whatever version you are currently on) then they can reinstall and rejailbreak themselves, if they need to. You'll easily sell it even if you don't do that, but it's a nice thing to do :)
Cool, thanks! Gonna hang on to it for just a bit longer to make sure the FTV passes the spouse test, then I'll start working on the suggested steps.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ATV2] How to clear setting from Apple TV 20