Win Using Plex metadata/posters in XBMC
I'd like to start out by saying two things, if this is in the wrong subforum, please move it as appropriate, and also that the people over on the Plex forums do not seem to be able to help me on this topic, so I thought someone over here might be able to help. I currently have an HTPC/Server set up in my living room running XBMC on my TV and also Plex server to distribute content to the rest of my devices. Artwork downloader seems to have downloaded many of the posters and other artwork in foreign languages (eg. "The Hobbit" is displayed as "Der Hobbit" on the poster). However, all of the Plex artwork is in English and looks exactly the way I want it. Is there a way to have Plex export the library metadata to separate files (like XBMC does), saving all of the posters, .nfo files, etc to the individual movie folders? If I can do that, then I can force XBMC to use to local files exported by Plex. Any help would be great...thanks in advance!
Thanks Ned! However, after trying PleXBMC, I've decided that it doesn't really work for me. I don't want to access my Plex library through XBMC. My ultimate goal is to simply export my Plex metadata, and import it into XBMC. Or is there some option in PlexBMC that allows me to do this and I just haven't found it yet?
(2014-04-29, 00:15)tacky147 Wrote: Thanks Ned! However, after trying PleXBMC, I've decided that it doesn't really work for me. I don't want to access my Plex library through XBMC. My ultimate goal is to simply export my Plex metadata, and import it into XBMC. Or is there some option in PlexBMC that allows me to do this and I just haven't found it yet?

I did the same.. I have a big plex library and I found the best solution for me was to simply create NFS shares for the library filesystems, and add the NFS share source in Kodi.. It is sweet. The NFS system is very fast and I am much happier than accessing through upnp etc. Now I have the best of both worlds.. I have the plex running like I always have.. and I have Kodi on a Firetv that has access to the same library.
I started with Plex and moved to SMB shares. Plex does best with movies, but I found it terrible with TV episodes. I'm not sure you'd be gaining anything using its metadata.
(2015-03-13, 20:09)mscroggi Wrote:
(2014-04-29, 00:15)tacky147 Wrote: Thanks Ned! However, after trying PleXBMC, I've decided that it doesn't really work for me. I don't want to access my Plex library through XBMC. My ultimate goal is to simply export my Plex metadata, and import it into XBMC. Or is there some option in PlexBMC that allows me to do this and I just haven't found it yet?

I did the same.. I have a big plex library and I found the best solution for me was to simply create NFS shares for the library filesystems, and add the NFS share source in Kodi.. It is sweet. The NFS system is very fast and I am much happier than accessing through upnp etc. Now I have the best of both worlds.. I have the plex running like I always have.. and I have Kodi on a Firetv that has access to the same library.

How did you do that? Because plex and kodi use different organization metadata
There is an add-on allows you to use the Plex Media Server as the source of your metadata.
(2015-03-22, 21:41)jjd-uk Wrote: There is an add-on allows you to use the Plex Media Server as the source of your metadata.
Wich one? Because you cant do it with plexbmc
Ah you want to export the metadata from Plex into a Kodi format? if so then I don't think that's possible. All you can do is use PleXBMC to integrate the Plex metadata & library into Kodi.
(2015-03-22, 20:52)achaw Wrote:
(2015-03-13, 20:09)mscroggi Wrote:

How did you do that? Because plex and kodi use different organization metadata

If you export your plex library via NFS, and access the media in Kodia using the 'Files' mechanism, your directory organization remains.

I have a lot of organizational subdirs in plex.. and using this method, I am able to keep the Plex structure in Kodi. I picked a skin in Kodi that allows for modifying the main menu, and created a new menu item for 'Movies Library' for the files access.. I did the same for tv/music etc.. I actually left the original menu item in place so that I have the option of which one to use.. Depending on the skin, the sub menu options can be handy in that view..

If you let Kodi extract the library in its native fashion, all the movies are flattened out into one big huge listing... At that point you have to try to use searches or filters to narrow down what you are looking for. I find the files access to be a very nifty setup and allows me to have the best of both worlds.. When I add a video to the Plex server, obviously Plex reflects the category etc.. but the same view is reflected in Kodi automatically as well. If your filenames are compliant enough for Kodi to correctly identify, you wont be required to do anything in kodi to get the video to correctly display.. No fuss..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using Plex metadata/posters in XBMC0