Continual Scrolling issue
Up until about two months ago I had been using Windows Media Center with little issue, but I decided to make the jump to XBMC.

Since setting it up I have run into this issue where using the remote will cause XBMC to get stuck in some sort of input loop and it will be stuck scrolling.
Youtube video of issue - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CpxxOFGPgs

Remote: Logitech Harmony 525
Version: Frodo

I have also tried running Gotham; a different IR receiver; theme and a Logitech 650 remote. I also have tried turning on remote control sends keyboard presses under settings.
I have tried several configurations for the remotes to try and solve the problem.

The only way to stop it is to reboot.
Try going into XBMC -> Settings -> System -> Input devices -> and disable joysticks.

If that doesn't work, get us a debug log (wiki) of when this scrolling issue happens.
Also, my Remote seems to send a code for "button has been pressed" and another one for "button has been released" (instead of repeating button down, button down every X fractions of second). I don't know if this is the norm.

If you manage to move the remote out of the reception area while pressing the button (or, as happens so often to me, if a kid passes between remote and IR receiver at the right moment) the IR receiver never manages to send the keyup event to xbmc, which thinks you are keeping the button pressed. Hilarity ensues.
Pressing the (same) button again with free reception manages to unstick the button.
Maybe this applies to your situation, too?
If sending repeated "button down" with very small intervals, this would likely cause alot of hassle with unintentionally scrolling too far - and/or basicly break "fast scrolling" if keeping the button depressed.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Continual Scrolling issue0