XBMC iOS Remote App Stopped Working

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
itry Offline
Hi there. I have been using this app for a couple of weeks on both my iPad and iPhone and for no apparent reason it has simply stopped working today.

It is all set up fine so I tried switching the ports about etc to see if that would get it working again but to no avail.

XBMC:
System > Services

> Webserver
Allow control of XBMC vita HTTP = check
Port: 80 (I have tried switching this to 8080, no change)
Username: itry
Password: 12345
Web interface: XWMM (I have tried switching this to default, no change)

> Remote Control
Allow programs on this system to control XBMC = check
Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC = check

> Zeroconf
Announce these services to other systems via Zeroconf = check

Copied and pasted the MAC address and IP address found in
System > System info > Network

All of these settings are match on both my iPad and iPhone yet it simply does not connect.

Entering http://itry:12345@192.168.1.101:8080 into my browser works so I know there is not an issue there.
However I cannot test this on iOS as it says it is a possible phising site as the website I am attempting to visit has a user name or password in its address.
There is an exception added in my Firewall for XBMC.

I have tried everything I can think of so if anyone could help me get this working again I'd be very grateful.
find quote
TheCondor Offline
(2014-04-12 18:32)itry Wrote:  Hi there. I have been using this app for a couple of weeks on both my iPad and iPhone and for no apparent reason it has simply stopped working today.

It is all set up fine so I tried switching the ports about etc to see if that would get it working again but to no avail.

XBMC:
System > Services

> Webserver
Allow control of XBMC vita HTTP = check
Port: 80 (I have tried switching this to 8080, no change)
Username: itry
Password: 12345
Web interface: XWMM (I have tried switching this to default, no change)

> Remote Control
Allow programs on this system to control XBMC = check
Allow programs on other systems to control XBMC = check

> Zeroconf
Announce these services to other systems via Zeroconf = check

Copied and pasted the MAC address and IP address found in
System > System info > Network

All of these settings are match on both my iPad and iPhone yet it simply does not connect.

Entering http://itry:12345@192.168.1.101:8080 into my browser works so I know there is not an issue there.
However I cannot test this on iOS as it says it is a possible phising site as the website I am attempting to visit has a user name or password in its address.
There is an exception added in my Firewall for XBMC.

I have tried everything I can think of so if anyone could help me get this working again I'd be very grateful.

Restore the DEFAULT interface and assign a fixed ip at your xbmc box, usually value upper 100 are dhcp assigned...
find quote
itry Offline
Assigning a fixed IP solved my problem straight away! I hadn't seen it mentioned anywhere else so thanks a lot.

Anyone else having a similar issue to the one I detailed in the OP, try this solution.
find quote
KarlL Offline
How exactly do you do that? I'm having the same problem and it's driving me nuts, cheers
find quote
audiflips Offline
Hi,

i also can not access to xbmc from exernal. I have the same config like the upper post. For external access i use dyndns but it doesn't work.
The internal Access works fine with the xbmc remote app. Any ideas?
The fix ip address from xbmc on the raspberry pi is 192.168.2.251. I think that can not be the issue because of the dhcp rangeConfused

Regards
Philipp
find quote
Jaymzie007 Offline
(2014-05-21 14:34)audiflips Wrote:  Hi,

i also can not access to xbmc from exernal. I have the same config like the upper post. For external access i use dyndns but it doesn't work.
The internal Access works fine with the xbmc remote app. Any ideas?
The fix ip address from xbmc on the raspberry pi is 192.168.2.251. I think that can not be the issue because of the dhcp rangeConfused

Regards
Philipp

Do you have a "pro" account with DynDNS? They pulled their free version recently.
find quote
audiflips Offline
@Jaymzie007: Yes i have a pro account ;-)
find quote
andre3050 Offline
Hi

XBMC Remote iOS to Android Neo X7 IPTV

I'm having the same problem, tried all of above to no avail.
Tested this on a Windows 7 installation and worked first time.
Now the last time I used XBMC remote on the Android successfully was before I upgraded my iPhone to 7.1.1
Unfortunately I upgraded both iPhone and iPad at the same time so I can't test that theory.

Something is blocking it but not sure if it's Apple or Android. It can't be my router as W7 version works.

Any ideas?

Thanks
find quote
--N8 Offline
Same problem as above iOS and Android box. I've been using the app for 9 month but over the last week it has quit working - seems it can locate the XBMC box, get the host / post info, but it cannot connect to it.

Ideas?
find quote
detlev24 Offline
(2014-06-07 21:08)--N8 Wrote:  Same problem as above iOS and Android box. I've been using the app for 9 month but over the last week it has quit working - seems it can locate the XBMC box, get the host / post info, but it cannot connect to it.

Ideas?

same problem here (official iOS-app and "yatse" on android) after switching from version 13.0 to 13.1 gotham (running on ubuntu). Confused
(This post was last modified: 2014-06-23 18:10 by detlev24.)
find quote
detlev24 Offline
(2014-06-23 18:09)detlev24 Wrote:  same problem here (official iOS-app and "yatse" on android) after switching from version 13.0 to 13.1 gotham (running on ubuntu). Confused
now, for me, both working again (i didn't change anything). Smile
find quote