Trouble playing .iso files
Hello,

So I did search a bit for this and surprised I didn't see something on this as I figured I can't be the only having this issue. That said I'll apologize in advance as I clearly don't have the correct search terms to find the answer.

I am generally well versed in android in general on phones and tablets but this is my first leap into other media devices. I have purchased a Minix Neo X5 Mini to "learn" with, I updated the firmware to 004 (the 1080 ver) and played around with the preloaded version of XBMC, I ultimately removed it and loaded the current Gotham build.

I am having a variety of issues and readily admit that I may have chosen the wrong device to "learn" on but that is what I am trying to figure out. The first part that I am struggling with is that most of my blu ray's I've converted to .iso files. These are generally between 38-44 GB which I know is huge. Now when I plug in my Western Digital 1TB (drive is USB 3 even though the X5 doesn't use USB 3) and try to play the .iso files it runs like it is in slow motion. Ultimately I'd really prefer to run these from a server on my network (X5 connected via CAT5) through SMB, but when I try to play across the network the problem is worse.

So ultimately is the problem that I am expecting too much to play these large files, or is the X5 just too underpowered for what I want it to do?

Thx for any advice!
Been a week so thought I would bump.
Has the X5 a native player, which is able to play bluray-video?
Are there other HD-movies in h264 or VC1, which you can play? Then your hardware should be not underpowered.

I would suggest: try the new beta4 and make different tests with either libstagefright-HW-accelleration or mediacodec or software-support. Use different HD-files (720, 1080, h264 or VC1-coded) for your tests - but always the same..

SaEt9000

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trouble playing .iso files0