Win Cannot DISABLE 'Local Information Only addon
Thanks. LEDFan: Mind doing a test as well?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Sorry jmarshall, I missed that post. Does this fix is also included in 13.1 here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=194914 ?
(2014-05-16, 15:23)LEDFan Wrote: Sorry jmarshall, I missed that post. Does this fix is also included in 13.1 here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=194914 ?

nope.
we need more confirmation before we can add this
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
OK I made a test tonight with that file in post #14 and it did not fix it for me under Windows 7 from the tests I have conducted.

I made a test on one TV Show: "Scandal". I already had two seasons already in my library with the NFO files for all episodes and a NFO file for the TV Show. I just added the first episode of season 3.

First I had my TV shows set to use Local info only. I did not scan anything from there (since I did not have a NFO file for this episode) as I wanted to make a test using the TVDB scraper I went to change the scraper to TVDB. I then tried to scan for new content within the third season folder using the context menu. It did not find anything.

SO for me, this did not fix anything.

BTW: Is that the test you wanted me to perform?
I think I have the same problem. idk what NFO means, but I checked the folder of the last season of my tv show and it says "The Big Bang Theory S7E23.strm"
I updated the library manually several times but folder still does not have the file for episode 24, so that xbmc can not add the episode to the library. I copied the file for episode 23 and pasted it in the same folder then renamed it as [The Big Bang Theory S7E24.strm] then I updated the library and xbmc picked up the episode as 24 with a fanart, but when I tried to play it, episode 23 started.

what is the solution for new episodes to be added automatically?
LEDFan: The new build prevents the current scraper being assigned to subfolders of tvshows during scan. Once it's already been scanned with Gotham or whatever, you already have content set in the database, so switching scrapers at the root level won't work.

To test properly you need:

1. The new build.
2. A new show which you scan using Local Information Only using the new bulid.
3. Switch scraper to something else (e.g. thetvdb).
4. Rescan, and note that the subfolders are indeed scanned using thetvdb.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

The problem is that yes it works for a new TV Show but when you try to add a new season to an existing show, it just doesn't work. At least, this is what I experiment on my side with this build.
Oh man, this did my head in.

I'd just upgraded to Gotham. I thought time to move database to SQL (for a few reasons). I exported my library to nfo's etc. Set up mysql, imported movies based on local content scan all good. Did tv shows again on local content scan, and i'm missing 1500 eps (still to this day, i have no idea why these NFOs were not suitable, 4000 others were fine). Ok i thought, run a rescan. Same deal. Change content scan type to tvdb, nothing found. WTF?!?! they all scraped in the past. Now i'm thinking i'd done something wrong with mysql or something else settings wise. So i'm looking at these angles for issues.

Long story short, after a few nights playing around after work and hours of scanning attempts and debugging i stumbled on this thread and the bug. Ended up manually changing each shows individual setting to TVDB (i had no idea this was possible) and then rescanning to get my 1500 eps into the library. I set a few manual Watched settings at series level and i'm all good.

Boo to the bug! But YAY to SQL this far.
(2014-06-27, 06:30)magic_merkin Wrote: Oh man, this did my head in.

I'd just upgraded to Gotham. I thought time to move database to SQL (for a few reasons). I exported my library to nfo's etc. Set up mysql, imported movies based on local content scan all good. Did tv shows again on local content scan, and i'm missing 1500 eps (still to this day, i have no idea why these NFOs were not suitable, 4000 others were fine). Ok i thought, run a rescan. Same deal. Change content scan type to tvdb, nothing found. WTF?!?! they all scraped in the past. Now i'm thinking i'd done something wrong with mysql or something else settings wise. So i'm looking at these angles for issues.

Long story short, after a few nights playing around after work and hours of scanning attempts and debugging i stumbled on this thread and the bug. Ended up manually changing each shows individual setting to TVDB (i had no idea this was possible) and then rescanning to get my 1500 eps into the library. I set a few manual Watched settings at series level and i'm all good.

Boo to the bug! But YAY to SQL this far.

Hi
I may be way off, but your problem sounds like mine a little and this post may help.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=198686
Yes you are right, that answers why my local nfos failed.

Two bugs! haha i never had a chance. All sorted now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot DISABLE 'Local Information Only addon0