SQL Shared library duplicates
I've been reading the various duplicate threads to figure out my issue but can't resolve it. I am getting duplicates of my files on the two machines I've just set up with a SQL database.

Here are the steps I followed:

Central media box where everything is stored:

Removed all old sources and started from fresh with a clean database
Added advancedsettings.xml to userdata folder with the IP address of the box
Added sources using IP address as per instructions on the wiki
Updated
Went to second machine and started from fresh
Copied over the advancedsettings.xml file from the main box
Added the sources identically using IP address
Updated

Went back to the main machine and saw that duplicate entries for movies were being created. Both items work if I select to play them. Went to second machine and noticed duplicates as well. However no artwork showed for the one duplicate and it says it is no longer in the library when I select it.

I cannot figure out what is going on here. So I copied over my sources file from the main machine to the second one, and when I try to access the sources from the second machine it shows an empty folder. Nothing in there at all.

Now I know I'm supposed to check the database file to see the paths for the duplicates but I have no idea how to do this at all.

Would appreciate some help here, please. Both machines are running Gotham Beta 2. Main box on Windows 7 and second machine on Windows 8...

Okay so this is weird, or I have completely misunderstood something here. I've removed the sources from the second machine entirely - sources are now empty. Yet it is updating the movie database with all of the movies being scanned on the main box. So I don't actually have to add the source files on the other boxes? All I need is the advancedsetting.xml file on all of the other devices and it will automatically sync without sources?

When I read the wiki it stated that I must add the sources identically on all machines. Very confused now, but it is working for movies so far at least...
If you want to still access files from Videos -> Files then you would need the sources, and you would want them to be identical so they wouldn't cause duplicates. XBMC is very picky, and even case-sensative about sources. The actual library sources are stored in the database, so if you don't need/want to access things from Videos -> Files then you are okay with just the advancedsettings.xml file.
I'm okay with no access on the other machines. But I'm actually still having issues but I think its a weird sharing issue. The main box where mysql is running is fine, but one of my clients refuses to connect with the IP address. In the OS (win8) I get access denied when trying to access the share with IP address, but it connects fine if I use the name of the share itself. So this box in my bedroom won't work with the SQL library at all which has everything linked by IP address as per the instructions.

I cannot figure this one out. Seems to be on the operating system level that things are problematic. The moment I change the share name to IP address it says I don't have permission. But the other networked boxes all work fine. Would appreciate some help if you can?

Here's an example:

smb://Media-box/Series works fine
But smb://192.168.1.4/Series says I don't have permission

It is assigned a static IP by the way. Never changes...

So currently this box picks up the database, but xbmc says that every file is missing and has no artwork for anything. Very frustrating. Having to play everything via a separate source in videos as a temp measure...
Okay so I fixed the sharing issues. Was a rather odd one. I had to go into security for the shared folder, add a user group as everyone with full access, then change the security further so that all child objects would inherit the permissions from the everyone group.

Only that solved the issue. I wonder why it would allow me access via the server name but not the IP address. Still don't quite understand that, but thankfully it is now working...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SQL Shared library duplicates0