Help a super new user please :-)
Hi everyone,
I am a real newbie at this so forgive my ignorance... here goes.

I recently acquired a MX media box from a friend and he set everything up before I actually got it and said he'd sorted it all out and put everything I needed onto it.
So excitedly I plugged it all in and connected it to tv and all worked fine (once I'd negotiated and learned all the add-on menus and stuff)

However, I now have a problem.

When powering on (plugging it in), it automatically turns the unit on and starts up... I see the little Linux penguin for a few seconds,
then it goes to a screen with red text which reads...

XMBC

and thats it...

Ive left it on that screen for approximately an hour and nothing loads.

Feedback from friend (supplier)

Try holding the reset button (in the A/V hole) in while powering up

I did that and a small menu appeared...

There are 3 apply update from... options
a data/factory reset option
a clear cache option
an apply and reboot option
and another that I cannot remember

I did the clear cache option which... surprisingly cleared the cache but it didn't fix the problem.

My friend asked if I'd shut it down correctly -Huh well I pressed the red power button on remote when I turned it off. Is that the correct thing to do.?

He is currently looking into it but I would like some other opinions on this problem if possible.

Thanks in advance.
Big Grin
Go ask your friend Wink, its not a xbmc (xbmc) problem it likely what was added to the box in addition to xbmc like dodgy addons or repositories or even some 3rd party maintenance tools or something else. Even if not that, you should consult the retailer and deal with them and ask them for support.

What I would say is if you have access to filesystem, rename the XBMC userdata (wiki) folder and any addons installation folder, if that was it, then you will know for sure eventually.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help a super new user please :-)0