Logitech 830 Illuminated Wireless Keyboard...
Logitech released 830 Illuminated Wireless Keyboard - Rechargeable - Unifying Receiver...

http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/li...board-k830

in the site is stated
"Bright, backlit keys

Choosing the right home theatre keyboard or HTPC keyboard can make a difference to your typing productivity and comfort. K830 allows you to see and type easily, even in the dark.
Read keys characters clearly thanks to sharp, bright, automatic backlighting.
Type and the keys illuminate. Stop typing and the backlight turns off after 5 seconds to save power."

Rechargeable
Never change batteries.
Use your keyboard for 10 days* after only 3 hours** of charge.
Charge your keyboard with the micro-USB recharge cable.
Extend your use between charges with the on/off switch.
* Based on typing 2 hours per day with backlight at full brightness. Actual battery life will vary with use, settings and environmental conditions.
**Based on typical user experience. Results may vary.

Seems REALLY GOOD...
Nod
Nice
How do you like this? I contact Logitech for warranty service on my diNovo mini which I th ought had a terrible touchpad design. They said it's discontinued but I could pick anything for $120. Although this is much larger, how has it been as an XBMC controller for you?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2014-04-14, 23:35)patseguin Wrote: How do you like this? I contact Logitech for warranty service on my diNovo mini which I th ought had a terrible touchpad design. They said it's discontinued but I could pick anything for $120. Although this is much larger, how has it been as an XBMC controller for you?

What is wrong with your mini? The touchpad not working anymore.. Or just sick of it? I love the size and form factor the cover and such but like u I hate the touchpad. Maybe mine is broken too Smile) I wouldn't mind something else instead
I saw this the other day and contemplated it as a replacement for my K400 (which is great), though this uses rechargeable batteries. I'd reckon that the K400 needs new batteries every 6 months? I JUST changed mine after 2-3 years of use, though I haven't used it heavily. With rechargeable batteries you will have to make sure you turn it off and also recharge it once a week or so... If you were to stop using it for a longer period then you could run the risk of the battery dying completely. I've experienced this with a few wireless xbox 360 controllers.

Edit: http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/wi...oard-k400r so thats one year on 2 AA batteries. Of course, the K830 looks amazing and I'm still tempted to get one though I can't justify it quite yet since the K400 works fine. If you don't mind recharging the device and need a new HTPC keyboard, go for it! Smile
I am using K400.... since ... ever...

it is an amazing keyboard - touchpad combination...
also i am using it if i want to change something on my server..

Never liked small keyboards for any use Smile

k830 comes with new design and most importantly ----- backlit keyboard... at a higher cost ofc...

I am now thinking of reasons NOT to buy the k830 Smile Smile Smile
I would say the approx 20 hour battery life is a gigantic reason not to get it, unless you're fine with that.
(2014-04-15, 09:30)solamnic Wrote: I am using K400.... since ... ever...

it is an amazing keyboard - touchpad combination...
also i am using it if i want to change something on my server..

Never liked small keyboards for any use Smile

k830 comes with new design and most importantly ----- backlit keyboard... at a higher cost ofc...

I am now thinking of reasons NOT to buy the k830 Smile Smile Smile
+1 love my k400 and have been running it off the same set of batteries for almost a year now, so, recharging a keyboard that only lasts 20 hours? not interested although the backlit does intrigue me
i also have the k400 and i am still using the batteries that came with it the thing works perfectly i have used it for linux machines windows machines and it just works even during POST

i might eventually buy the 830 but at this stage i don't see the point when all it seems to really have is a nice design and light up keys which is not really and issue for me

I will say as far as keyboard and mice go i love logitech they make excellent ones with great battery life

I am however not a fan of their speakers i have owned 3 sets of desktop speakers before and all terrible but keyboard and mice is where they shine

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech 830 Illuminated Wireless Keyboard...1