• 1(current)
WIP [MOD] Aeon Nox 4.1.9 (Gotham) - LiveTV Mod
Brick 
I've been working on a mod for the LiveTV section. It is based on "anti2k's" LiveTV mod that was made some time ago, but that fella is no where to be found and has closed his github account.
I managed to save of some of the xml code when it was available and used that to create a mod for "Aeon MQ5", found here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=180564
Now that Aeon Nox works on Gotham I decided to create the same mod here Smile
Works only with "Aeon nox 4.1.9.X (GOTHAM)". The one for AeonNox 5 is located here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=193991

Version 0.8
- New: Added a new EPG-timeline sideblade option for channel display (Name, Icon or Name & icon - see screenshots in first post). Usefull for those who use "bar-icons".
- New: Added minified video player in EPG timeline view (visible when you press back while in fullscreen)
- Fixed error in the EPG timeline where one could not exit EPG while watching a channel. Pressing backspace, while in epg, will now work as "back".

--> Changelog <--

Download Version 0.8
Please remember to backup your original files! If you have modified the skin on your own, be careful what files you overwrite.
Installation instructions are in the readme file.

Screenshots
watch gallery
HTPC Server - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Intel QuadCore, 4GB RAM, 4 TB SATA
Intel NUC D54250WYK - Windows 8.1 + XBMC Helix | Logitech Harmony 750
Samsung UE8005 | Bluetooth keyboard & mousepad
Nice ! But cant you just make a .zip with all the changes in ?
Done, updated first post
Thanks ! But cant get it to work

Unable to load skin- Skin is missing some files

This is what i`ve done

1,Install skin from http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=183504
2, Replaced the media and 1080i folder in skin.aeon.nox.5 from Aeon-Nox-Gotham - LiveTV Mod_0.1_complete
Sorry about that, should have mentioned it in the first post. This mod is for version 4.1.9.X (GOTHAM), currently does not work on aeon.nox.5.
ok to bad , aeon nox 5 is smooth on Rasperry pi. Do you think you can make your mod work on Aen nox 5 ?
Not my priority right now, but if I find some time I'll see what I can do.
Ok thanks
Hi Maniac, nice Mod. I will Check the Mod the next days.
Can you have a look into the original one... I've two "problems"... When I Open the playlist with "c" it allways shows the first chanel not the current one.
And it dosen't show the chanelinfo if i switch the chanel... I ha da look into the xml but I can't find the problems in the code...
Thanks sveni_lee
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
What do you mean by "the original one"? The original skin (aeon-nox livetv) or the original mod (anti2k-mod)? Smile
The aeon-nox live TV 4.1.9.8 if it's okay for you... I've tried something but i could not solve it...
Board: B85M-ITX
CPU: i3 4330
GPU: Geforce GTX 750ti
Hey! Fantastic mod. Just what Aeon Nox 4 needs.

Suggestions -
1. The channel info needs to be visible for a little longer after switching channels (it stays up for like 2-4 seconds after I switch channels), maybe 3-6 seconds longer. Edit: I should add that I have "Channel information duration" enabled with 10 seconds.
2. Stop the Aeon Nox seekbar from appearing every time you switch channels.
3. EPG timeline needs a line that represents what time is it going through all channels. A bit like the Aeon Nox 5 or Confluence EPG.
4. Uncertain if a bug or not -
The information seems to get cut off. Maybe it's possible to increase how much text can be displayed?

Other than that I love this mod!!!! Thanks for developing it.

Edit: Have been watching TV all day thanks to your mod, lol. Anyway I have two more suggestions -

1. Is it possible to spread out the EPG a bit more?
Image - example of mediaportal (1.5 hours compared to 3 hours on Aeon Nox 4).

2. On the EPG timeline rather than having a show displayed as "Seven Ne....." have it show as many letters but fade out? Kind of the same way when you highlight a tv show in the EPG timeline except with the fade.
Image - example
@sveni_lee: I'll see what I can do Smile

@noonzascript: Thanks a lot for the feedback!
1. Yeah this is a weird issue that I also have, seems like the "Channel info duration" settings does not have any effect. Don't know if it's a XBMC or a skin bug.

2. Will do

3. Have not started yet on the EPG-timeline view, but will for sure add this

4. Yeah this is an bug from my "movie-poster hack", it is supposed to show movie-poster image in the reserved space. But only if the filed PlotOutline contains a image url. This is addon-specific so I'll try to fix it.
I see that the description text is also cut, which is odd. It is supposed to go all the way down. Could this be a pvr-addon limitation?
Awesome!! Can't wait.

Also something minor. My version (v0.1 complete), the space between the time and title is very close compared to your screenshots -

EDIT: Nevermind!!!! It only happens if I have (12h) selected for my time.
Updated first post with 0.2

Version 0.2
- Fixed the duration of the infobar display after switching channel (you change the durration in settings).
- Fixed error in displaying description of a programme in ChannelOSD
- Removed the seekbar at the bottom when switching channels
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Aeon Nox 4.1.9 (Gotham) - LiveTV Mod1