Missing view types when using custom menu's
Hi, this is a difficult one to explain so please bear with me.

Instead of just using the default Movies & TV Show menu's I'm creating custom menu's to add other categories, for example Animated Movies, Stand Up Comedy, and so on.

The issue I have is that the default Movie / TV show menu's seem to behave differently to the custom menus. 2 main differences stand out;

1. There seem to be a lot more view types to choose from with the default Movie / TV show. and when viewing the certain ones such as wall, the thumbnails are square instead of dvd box size?
2. When on the default menu's and I click a film it plays straight away, but in the custom menu's I've set up, when I click to watch, it takes me into the folder so I have to click again.

I suppose what I'm getting at is, how can I set the custom menus up so they behave exactly the same as the default Movie / TV menus? I've gone into the "main menu item customizer" in the settings as that seemed the most logical thing to do, but that hasn't worked - if anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated as this is driving me up the wall!

Thanks
Sort of solved, I've discovered playlists and it seems this is the route to go.
Provided you're using Aeon Nox 4.x, you can do all sorts of things with playlists. The link in my sig will show you many of them.
Hey, yeah I've looked at that. See my reply on a different thread I created, so I'm not taking 2 threads for 1 issue! Thanks

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192219
(2014-04-13, 22:25)Vaikin Wrote: Provided you're using Aeon Nox 4.x, you can do all sorts of things with playlists. The link in my sig will show you many of them.

Thanks Vaikin

that was just what I was looking for too!! Smile
It seems that noone has really addressed this problem. I am having sort of the same problem. I have created custom menu items to break up my movies, etc. The custom menu items work good but when you go to "View Options" on the left side menu, there is only 2 options, List or Icons. I would like all the viewing options that the regular "Movies" menu item has. I am new to this but I have been searching on here for days and cannot find a clear answer. How can this be done?
I'm not familiar enough with Nox 5's code to be sure, but are you using playlists or video nodes to split your library up? If playlists, look at the video node editor in my signature (though use the git version, linked in the thread) to split the library up, and set menu items based on the video nodes - these should appear to the skin identically to the standard Movie nodes, and so should have the same views available.
(2014-11-01, 23:29)Unfledged Wrote: I'm not familiar enough with Nox 5's code to be sure, but are you using playlists or video nodes to split your library up? If playlists, look at the video node editor in my signature (though use the git version, linked in the thread) to split the library up, and set menu items based on the video nodes - these should appear to the skin identically to the standard Movie nodes, and so should have the same views available.

hmm as far as I know you should have the same options when using a smart playlist. The visibility of viewtypes depends on list content in most skins so if the smart playlist contains movies you should get all movie viewtypes.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2014-11-02, 00:29)phil65 Wrote: hmm as far as I know you should have the same options when using a smart playlist. The visibility of viewtypes depends on list content in most skins so if the smart playlist contains movies you should get all movie viewtypes.

As your knowledge of these things is far superior to mine, that's likely true. But users are obviously getting less view options with playlists, so it would be interesting to know if I'm right and video nodes - which should present to the skin the same as the default Movies node - offer the expected view options Smile
(2014-11-02, 00:29)phil65 Wrote:
(2014-11-01, 23:29)Unfledged Wrote: I'm not familiar enough with Nox 5's code to be sure, but are you using playlists or video nodes to split your library up? If playlists, look at the video node editor in my signature (though use the git version, linked in the thread) to split the library up, and set menu items based on the video nodes - these should appear to the skin identically to the standard Movie nodes, and so should have the same views available.

hmm as far as I know you should have the same options when using a smart playlist. The visibility of viewtypes depends on list content in most skins so if the smart playlist contains movies you should get all movie viewtypes.

You don't get these options with smart playlist using custom menu items and in my custom menu item they are all videos but i'm only getting two views. In fact in all my custom menu items, they all only get two views. Only the built-in menu items get multiple views. I'm still trying to figure out the video nodes, have to play with that awhile. However, It seems to me that this should not be this hard to do, it should be easy or at least, I should be able to open a file and change something to get it to work.
(2014-11-02, 04:15)BLoRDo Wrote:
(2014-11-02, 00:29)phil65 Wrote:

You don't get these options with smart playlist using custom menu items and in my custom menu item they are all videos but i'm only getting two views. In fact in all my custom menu items, they all only get two views. Only the built-in menu items get multiple views. I'm still trying to figure out the video nodes, have to play with that awhile. However, It seems to me that this should not be this hard to do, it should be easy or at least, I should be able to open a file and change something to get it to work.

please post content of your smart playlist file. (.xsp)
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(to edit video nodes I'll again point to to the link in my signature, though there's a bug in the current repo version - update has been requested - so use the git version linked to in the first post. Otherwise, look at video nodes (wiki) on the wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing view types when using custom menu's0