Linux Wake up XBMC with remote LIRC - Intel Nuc hasswell
Question 
Hi Everyone.

I'm trying wake up from suspend my openelec (gotham beta 5) install with my remote configured with LIRC.
Config details :
- intel nuc i3 (with built in CIR) and openelec 4 Beta 5 installed.
- Old Sony remote (not MCE) configured with LIRC (all buttons mapped in lircd.conf, lircmap.xml and keymap.xml). everything is working great.
- XBMC is going on suspend (blue power button blinking) with the remote.

I'm trying now to find a way to resume my nuc from my configured remote but I'm stuck and don't know how to do it.

After many hours of research, I could not find a clue.

Thanks for your help !

Larryadd
If its any consolation, i have the same issue. Tried both XBMCbuntu and Openelec and the same thing. Can send to suspend, can not wake the NUC though. I'm using a Baytrail NUC, but same CIR and same issue it seems.

(2014-04-13, 20:57)larryadd Wrote: Hi Everyone.

I'm trying wake up from suspend my openelec (gotham beta 5) install with my remote configured with LIRC.
Config details :
- intel nuc i3 (with built in CIR) and openelec 4 Beta 5 installed.
- Old Sony remote (not MCE) configured with LIRC (all buttons mapped in lircd.conf, lircmap.xml and keymap.xml). everything is working great.
- XBMC is going on suspend (blue power button blinking) with the remote.

I'm trying now to find a way to resume my nuc from my configured remote but I'm stuck and don't know how to do it.

After many hours of research, I could not find a clue.

Thanks for your help !

Larryadd
To my knowledge wakeup by remote control must be a feature of the BIOS plus it must be enabled for the (CIR) device.

In my case (Linux Mint 16) I followed this HowTo/Tutorial (which is in German): http://www.loggn.de/linux-xbmc-aus-berei...-aufwecken

It works in combination with my USB IR receiver. To enable wakeup I set a udev rule as described under "UPDATE_2013-04-04" of the HowTo/Tutorial.

How this translates to intel nuc i3 (with built in CIR) I unfortunately do not know.
As you said, it's for a USB receiver, unfortunately it cannot apply to the built in cir. Let's hope a fix will be released soon!
Maybe you can use my setup:
I have another computer running 24/7 where the receiver is attached to. The Mediacenter LIRC connects to the second computer's LIRC (with option --connect=<host>) and therefore gets the keypressed over the network.
I'm waking up the Mediacenter PC from the second PC by Wake on LAN.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wake up XBMC with remote LIRC - Intel Nuc hasswell0