Should I use file stacking or mux video into 1 file?
I have many multiple disc movies like all the LotR's, Godfather, and more. File stacking works fine with the minor annoyance of a few seconds lapse when it switches to the next part. Is there any benefit to muxing the MKV's into 1 file? And if I do, are forced subtitles (English for Elvish, Italian, etc.) kept intact? It doesn't take very long to mux so I was wondering if it was a better practice to make all my multi discs in to 1 MKV file.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
You can use "MKV Merge" to mux them into 1 file but make sure that all parts contain the same kind of tracks, and in the same order. Usually that means they must be ripped with the exact same setting.
Combining parts where one has a different audio track than the other won't work, same goes for video resolution, subtitles etc.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Should I use file stacking or mux video into 1 file?0