Sort Music Library by ALBUM ARTIST
You are both right. Kodi already uses the albumartist and groups by albumartist for cases when the "include artists who appear on compilations" is deactivated. However, Kodi also reads the "compilation tag" from the mp3 tags, so this will take priority and that's when albums get grouped under "various artists":

I solved the issue for myself by removing all "compilation tags" from my songs. This gets me exactly what the OP is asking for.

I can personally live with the current implementatino, but would also prefer if Kodi could just by default ignore the compilation tag.

And btw, first and second post is a classic ;-)
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
I second the feature request to sort Albums by Album Artist + Album.
Currently, I get a list of Albums, sorted alphabetically, that appears  rather unsorted with > 1000 Albums in total.
The feature request would be to get the Albums of one Album Artist grouped together.
So for instance all Beatles Albums, all Eric Clapton Albums, all Pink Floyd Albums  ....
Even better would be something like Genre + Album Artist + Album as sorting order, if that is not too sophisticated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sort Music Library by ALBUM ARTIST1