Picture locations with MySQL
I am sorry if the question was asked before but I couldn't find an answer.

Basically I changed my XBMC (Frodo, Windows) from using SQLlite to MySQL. I guess all pictures were saved locally when using SQLlite. Now that I am using MySQL, I am wondering where are the pictures saved? I would like to have them saved on the MySQL machine but not in the same folder as the movies if possible (my library is available on the network obviously but in readonly).

Thanks
They're saved in the same place for both methods, locally on each XBMC instance in the userdata (wiki) folder.
Thanks for the information Ned.

I checked yesterday night and from what I could see, the art table contains the "master" data and each client retrieve it from the URL stored there and then cache it locally. When moving from sqllite to mysql I noticed I lost my collection image since it was not exported. When I downloaded the new files and assigned them, I noticed it worked only on one client since it was saved locally.

My understanding now is that since I want all pictures to be backed up and available to all clients, I need to download all pictures to a folder shared on a network and update the art table manually with the new URL. My understanding is that doing that will work perfectly for all clients without depending on external URLs.

Thanks
Each client should be able to use the imported metadata for the original internet URLs and download them from the internet, but I would still recommend exporting them on your network drive, as some of the URLs tend to stop working over time (servers change, old images get shuffled, scraper site APIs change, etc).

You should be able to remove your advancedsettings.xml file and go back to the SQLite DB and export the images from the old setup.
Thanks for your help Ned, I really appreciate it!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Picture locations with MySQL0