Naming Convention for shows - automated or manual, for each show?
Question 
Was wondering, I am new to this and trying to digest all the data.
Setup will be a back end server w/ a FlexRaid setup starting between 3-6TB w/ SD & HD material that I have encoded along with stuff I get via OTA HD & IPTV along with Netflix & other online movie streaming sources.

I understand the naming convention regarding movies, but I am wondering, with OTA TV, since they will be on & off quickly, with many different shows, do I select the show and the PVR software will automatically name it with the correct naming convention ( with my setup of how I want shows named ) or does it get named from the schedule guide so that it will be seen by XBMC?

Also, do I need to make a separate folder for each show/episode?

*PVR software has not been chosen yet.

Thanks in advance,
bob4432
PVR tv programmes do not get added to the library, they rely on the EPG information provided by the PVR backend.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Is there any one PVR backend that stands out as being superior to the others? Reason I am asking so many questions is because this transition has to be painless for my wife switching from a HD cable box to this new setup, where she be able to see the guide, schedule a recording and hit 'OK' like she does now, just dropping the $100+/mo cable charge since we do not get any premium channels.

Thanks,
bob4432
Is your cable encrypted?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
At the moment no. I have a small, portable DTV that I connected the coax from the wall into and scanned and had qite a bit of channels, probably over 100 between HD and SD. None of these would be considered premiere channels, but I do not know what I going to happen when I tell the cable company to turn off my cable but leave the internet. I have a Mohu Leaf on the way as I have 2 sets of transmitting towers withig 30MI from my condo and am wanting to see how that does in my environment.

I have been told by others that just have the internet that they do get a really basic cable, sounded like what I received on the portable DTV when I scanned for channels. In the area of a lot of unknowns atm....

Appreciate your responses.
bob4432

Off topic - how do I click the plus button (where is it?) for your rep?
You don't click the plus button until you have posted 10 times, so I'll take that as a thank you Smile
Thanks for the explanation about the + Smile

Received the Mohu 30 and get 2 channels in one room and will test tomorrow how many I get in the room it will be mounted in.......hopefully quite a bit more
Sadly, the Mohu Leaf 30 performed the same no matter where I tested it in the condo. I am not one of the 'got the Mohu and received XX channels' stories, that is for sure.

Any way the Leaf could be a defective unit? From all the reviews I have read, this unit sounded like the Bee's Knees, but I get 2 channels only, and yes, my little TV was set to 'Air' and not 'CATV'. I also tried it on my main 40" LCD TV and still just got 2 channels.

Ugh,
It will depend where you are and where the nearest transmitters are as well as what is between you and the transmitter (buildings, trees, mountains etc). There are websites with this sort of info.
Thanks for the info and I did check that out on the Mohu site, but I thought at the frequency it may penetrate all the buildings/vegetation, but I guess not. Maybe if my condo had a 2nd story or an attic I could be g2g, but I am only a 1 story, so no go Sad.

Now to call the cable company and see how their tiers work w/out one of their HD DVRs and what a cable card would get me channel wise.

Thanks again all,
bob
Good luck on getting knowledgeable people on call to a cable operator. You are better to find someone in your own area with experience in these matters and who understands technical issues. The mythtv-users mailing list seems to have people in most of the US who fit the bill.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Naming Convention for shows - automated or manual, for each show?0