Universal Movie Scraper is no longer using themoviedb
Hi,

I only have one XBMCbuntu running Gotham right now, so I can't test and compare.
But as far as I "remember":
The Universal Movie Scraper would use both IMDB and themoviedb when scanning a directory.
My current installation has the latest version of the plugin 2.5.2, and it definitely only uses IMDB, and does not default to themoviedb when IMDB offers no match.

I have several Video files which are tagged with an .nfo file that references themoviedb

Code:
<movie>
        <title>Inception The Cobol Job</title>
</movie>
http://www.themoviedb.org/movie/64956

- If I use Universal Movie Scraper to scan the directory, I get nothing (screen shot as thumb, no info)
- If I use themoviedb plugin to scan, I get the correct thumb and info...

As I said: I don't remember this being a problem in the past.
Is this a new bug? Is there a setting in the Universal Movie Scraper that I am missing?
Bump

Anyone?
There are videos which are indexed better on themoviedb.com vs IMDB.com
Mainly this applies to stand-up comedy DVDs and more obscure movies.

Presently my Universal Movie Scraper is behaving as if it were an IMDB scraper.
Even with a .nfo file such as above, it will not find anything beyond what IMDB.com has.

The only workaround I currently have is to move all movies which are affected to a new folder, and make the themoviedb plugin the scrapper for that new folder.

This is not ideal, it starts to mess with my Movie sets:
If I allow either scrapper to automatically create sets it's a disaster. Every third rate sequel to a real movie apparently warrants a "set" (8mm 2 ???)
The Universal Movie Scraper allows me to disable the auto-set-creation function, so that I can control sets with .nfo files. But the themoviedb plugin does not have this toggle.

So even my work around is problematic

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Movie Scraper is no longer using themoviedb0