Seeking forward through timeshifted live TV switches channels
Currently I'm trying to switch from MP to XBMC and so far I found it works great, except one annoying issue: I can't find a way to seek to live position.

Lets say I was paused or I seeked back and now I want to seek forward to live position. In MP, it would eventually stop seeking because I reach live point. But in XBMC it won't stop. Instead it will switch to next channel when it reaches live position.

Is there a fix or at least some kind of workaround for this? Maybe separate button that would skip to live position?
Hmm, I will check if I can reproduce this in the coming weekend.
I'm not near my TVServer PC at the moment.

Seeking forward should indeed stop at the live position and not seek beyond since that would switch to a point in the past which might be a different channel. The TV server is cycling though its buffer files.
I haven't seen a switch to "the next channel" before.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Don't mind me. For movies XBMC has mapped UP/DOWN keys for seeking But on TV it looks like it is mapped to channel up/down which made me think I was seeking when in fact I was switching channels.

Good work on the MP support by the way, loving it!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Seeking forward through timeshifted live TV switches channels0