XBMC downloads blocked by Chrome
Strange, Chrome has just blocked the windows download of Gotham from xbmc.org stating the .exe is malicious. First time I've ever seen this,
Might be a setting or something, try again. I just tried with Chrome and cancelled the Gotham B3 download.
Just happened to me too, tried both frodo 12.3 and gotham beta 3
I'm using Version 34.0.1847.116 m and O/S win7/64, be sure you're updated....
I'm experiencing this as well. Chrome is up to date Version 35.0.1916.27 Windows 8.1.
(2014-04-16, 11:21)tungmeister Wrote: I'm experiencing this as well. Chrome is up to date Version 35.0.1916.27 Windows 8.1.

could be that at least X amount of people need to download that particular .exe before it's marked safe.
probably some setting in Chrome to be able to
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Wink 
Just had the same thing happen to me. I just changed the name of the downloaded file to xbmc.exe, and it then ran ok. Wink
This is a serious issue for xbmc.
I bet that now only a fraction of the people who download xbmc actually install it.
Check what Chrome extensions you have running. (& disable them all if necessary)
Check your internet connection isn't being routed thru a Proxy.
Remove any toolbars you have installed + any other dodgy software.

*Disclaimer ~ I do Tech Support for an Anti-Virus company. We occasionally (like at least once per week) get customers calling in with this problem when trying to download our software from our website.
We connect into their systems - check all of the above, and 99% of the time it fixes the problem, & our software is no longer reported as malicious by Chrome.

Oh... and clear your cache.
For me as well the xbmc download from the site was flagged as "malicious" by chrome.
The url used was: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/releases/win32/x...Gotham.exe
It seems to be a new chrome "feature".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC downloads blocked by Chrome0