Solved Preffered Audio codec track
(2014-04-15, 07:18)Martijn Wrote:
(2014-04-15, 07:12)Crssi Wrote: If xbmc does already that, then sollutions would be to add into settings check box for ignore default/forced audio stream?

It doesn't do that already. There's no logic in the code for selecting

Of course there is, see https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...r.cpp#L187 and https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...mUtils.cpp . As I said there http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14697 , we should/could move the default check to the end.

(2014-04-22, 14:22)Crssi Wrote: Does maybe any add-on already exist for this functionality and I am not aware of?

Some work would be needed in xbmc's core to make such an addon work.

If it's really that important I suggest to add an expert setting. If some more people request that feature I'll add it to my to-do list.
+1

because why settle on lower quality?
(2014-06-17, 20:46)ciukacz Wrote: +1

because why settle on lower quality?

because the community having equipment which can take advantage out of higher quality tracks is definitely a minority. There are more Android and Raspberry Pi users than other systems which have the chance to play those tracks. Then take a small portion of those users and you have no argument left why we should not respect the default flag.

Don't get me wrong. I am not against some setting for this request. I am saying that changing the default for a very small group is wrong.
We are not talking of changing default, but of getting the most out of XBMC, so it looks like I am getting you wrong here.
And default should be by my opinion, best audio possible from audio settings... but who am I to argue here and that are not my intentions.
default should be whatever is flagged as default and matches preferred language. Having an option to ignore default seems fine though.
But we must only select highest possible quality out of the supported formats by the device, and if no such stream exists, pick the lowest quality unsupported one and transcode it (because device is most likely not capable of transcoding the highest quality one then).

Personally I'd like to see a higher quality codec only be selected IF it uses more channels than the lower quality one. To me it sucks watching liveTV and XBMC is selecting 2ch-AC3 which is on passthrough and I can't change the volume within XBMC anymore.
(2014-06-18, 10:04)da-anda Wrote: default should be whatever is flagged as default and matches preferred language. Having an option to ignore default seems fine though.
But we must only select highest possible quality out of the supported formats by the device, and if no such stream exists, pick the lowest quality unsupported one and transcode it (because device is most likely not capable of transcoding the highest quality one then).

Personally I'd like to see a higher quality codec only be selected IF it uses more channels than the lower quality one. To me it sucks watching liveTV and XBMC is selecting 2ch-AC3 which is on passthrough and I can't change the volume within XBMC anymore.

+1

You, my man, understand my pain. Wink
Oh... I am really sorry that I dont know programming well. Sad

But, I think that core of XBMC about this particular problem can be left as is and if someone (programming fluent) would alter or write something like this service http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=153783, but for audio quality streams.
(2014-06-17, 22:18)FernetMenta Wrote: because the community having equipment which can take advantage out of higher quality tracks is definitely a minority. There are more Android and Raspberry Pi users than other systems which have the chance to play those tracks. Then take a small portion of those users and you have no argument left why we should not respect the default flag.

Don't get me wrong. I am not against some setting for this request. I am saying that changing the default for a very small group is wrong.

to clarify, we are talking about an additional option here.
it would be perfectly fine to leave the default behavior as it is,
but allow people who care about quality change the behavior.

maybe this could cover it:
1. default, as it is
2. prefer more channels
3. prefer bitstream (lossless > dts > dolby > pcm)
4. prefer less compression (lossless > pcm > dts > dolby), let's call it more audio-oriented mode
+1

I would love to be able to disable the default audio track selection. Unfortunately because of the Apple environment, most of my videos have AAC 2.0 as the first audio track, and are selected as the default. So I have to always change tracks in Kodi to get to the 2nd track, which is usually AC3. I would prefer to override that new setting, since Gotham didn't do this.
That's a good reason. I support it now.
@FernetMenta: throw here progress and I will take special care when watching movies/episodes to "bug report back" if needed.

Thanx
+1

I'm currently re-muxing MKV to reorder tracks, add chapter titles and change defaults for things I watch repeatedly like concerts.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/6221
I am sure that this is nice Smile
But I dont know what to do with it? Sad

Any suggestions?

Thanx
It's just to show that a fix is available, once it's merged it will trickle down to the nightly builds.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Preffered Audio codec track1