Linux projectM strangeness
XBMCuntu Gotham

apt-cache policy xbmc
xbmc:
Installed: 2:13.0~git20140329.0731-beta3-0trusty

On an Intel i3 NUC, HDMI connection at 1080p via an Onkyo TX-NR509 to a Panasonic TX-P55VT65B (1080p)

Most of the time, the output is just in a rectangle that covers the top ~half of the screen, and most of the width and looks like https://www.dropbox.com/s/gcwebtxlpz21oz...hot017.png

When it does cover the whole screen, it looks like the diametric opposite rectangle is overlayed and looks like https://www.dropbox.com/s/jgjkpk3y4in9c8...hot018.png

I tried dropping the output resolution to 720p and saw functionally identical results.

I also tested FishBMC, and the same "effect" is not seen, but the output is a little "tame" compared to projectM...
I had a similar problem, have you tried setting the project m quality to one down from maximum via the music osd?
perfect :-)

Thanks! I had presumed than an i3 would be able to take maximum...
I think its software, not hardware - I have the same problem with a nvidia 660ti.
I'm still experiencing this in Kodi 15 on Ubuntu and OpenSUSE. I really like the performance on Maximum. I think that this is a problem with Kodi and not ProjectM.
XBMC Kodi is awesome!
It's fixed with project m 2, though you need to compile it from source.
Will this be in Kodi 16?
XBMC Kodi is awesome!
Hard to say as it uses the new binary add-on build system.. From memory I compiled it around the xbmc 13-14 release.
(2015-08-01, 21:17)DaAwesomeP Wrote: I'm still experiencing this in Kodi 15 on Ubuntu and OpenSUSE. I really like the performance on Maximum. I think that this is a problem with Kodi and not ProjectM.

(2015-08-02, 03:17)teeedubb Wrote: Hard to say as it uses the new binary add-on build system.. From memory I compiled it around the xbmc 13-14 release.

Perhaps one of you fine persons can answer a question of even help me out a bit...

Awhile back I upgraded from Kodi Helix to Isengard running openelec and was bummed when I realized that ProjectM was not included. I restored Helix and have been trying to figure out, since my mishap, if ProjectM has been added to Isengard. If not, I suspect that I will have to install it myself, as teeedubb is posting about. if that;s the case might you provide some help or links for me to make this happen.

ProjectM is a must-have for me when I play music lately. Any help would be much appreciated.
ProjectM is included with vanilla Kodi. Its only Openelec that does not include it anymore.
Thank you wsnipex.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
projectM strangeness0