XBMC interfering with remote.
I have a laptop connected to my TV via HDMI, this acts as my media center PC.

This laptop is controlled using an mouse and keyboard as well as an infra red remote.

The remote allows me to pause and do other functions in media player, VLC, XBMC or media center, it also allows me to put the laptop into and out of sleep mode using the power button.

Since I installed XBMC on the laptop to centralize the database and media for all devices in the house the laptop will no longer go to sleep via the remote control.

If XBMC is running and I hit the power button I get the XBMC shutdown screen which under normal circumstances would be fine since from there I could just select suspend.

The problem is however I use a Harmony One remote that uses macros so when I switch to watching TV or hit the power off button I no longer have control or a display to select suspend in XBMC.

If I shutdown XBMC manually before hitting power the laptop still does not go into sleep mode, and if I manually tell XBMC to suspend as soon as I hit the power it wakes the laptop back up.

How can I stop XBMC from fully taking control of the sleep by remote function on my laptop.

Before XBMC everything was flawless and my 6 year old daughter could use all the functions without issue but now with XBMC it has become a major hassle because the laptop not going to sleep is interfering with my automatic HDMI switch making it practically impossible for my daughter to switch functions without running into trouble.
Have you checked that no alterations have been made to power scheme settings? Installed anything else besides "only" XBMC (addons, other applications etc) ?

If you've installed any remote mapping stuff, you might want to check if the sleep button has been remapped.

Beyond that, I'm not sure this is definitely an XBMC issue - "stock" XBMC with no addons shouldn't really affect how the remote operates after you've shut down XBMC.

EDIT: If its a mapping issue, you might want to check out this post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...#pid822385
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
No mapping software installed, no changes to the power scheme.

The sleep button has not been remapped because like I said if put to sleep manually the remote wakes it up, this means the mapping is fine and there is nothing installed that could have remapped it anyway

The only thing different between working and not working was XBMC was installed.

The system was running perfectly for months and then I decided to put XBMC on it and the problem started.

This system is not used as a day to day machine beyond streaming media so no applications of any kind were installed beyond XBMC and the only plugin installed was the trakt.tv plugin.

So basically worked fine without XBMC installed, problem with XBMC installed this puts the issue squarely on XBMC in my opinion
Well, check the thread I posted. It covers mapping back to sleep function. A different route is this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=164252
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC interfering with remote.0