HTPC Buffering Problem
I have an htpc that I put together with an ASUS H81M-A motherboard, Intel Core i3-4130T Haswell 2.9GHz LGA 1150 35W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4400, 4gb ram, a 320gb system drive and 3 2tb western digital black drives. All of my content is stored locally on these drives and then it is hooked up directly to my samsung 55" plasma via hdmi. I am running the latest stable build of xbmc. Everything worked fine for about 4 months, then I started noticing that it was taking longer for movies to start up initially. Then the buffering started, on anything larger than maybe a 1 gb file the movie will pause and it will buffer for about 30 seconds every 10 minutes or so. I started going through all of the suggestions with audio settings and cache settings and nothing seemed to help. Then this weekend I tried playing several of the same movies through media center and also just opening with a player and they are doing the same thing. This is driving me nuts. Any help would be great.
I just want to get this straight, you're playing files store locally; and other players are having issues playing those same files? Can you test the transfer speed on those drives, perhaps one has failed or something similar.
(2014-04-15, 18:07)jacosma Wrote: I have an htpc that I put together with an ASUS H81M-A motherboard, Intel Core i3-4130T Haswell 2.9GHz LGA 1150 35W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4400, 4gb ram, a 320gb system drive and 3 2tb western digital black drives.
It is possible that some updates break it. Have you make sure that Windows update and Intel driver are up to date?
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Yes I am playing all files locally, and I have trouble with them in media player classic, windows media center and xbmc, I have made sure all of the windows updates are up to date and the intel graphics driver is up to date. I can try testing the transfer speed but it is happening on all three drives.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC Buffering Problem0