• 156(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
Things have moved on a bit since then. What you need now is to add the following to the config.txt file in the FAT partition of the SD card:
Code:
dtparam=spi=on
If you are using lirc-rpi, then the new way to enable this is to add:
Code:
dtoverlay=lirc-rpi,gpio_out_pin=17,gpio_in_pin=18
Change the pin numbers to suit your setup.

You will find more information about Device Tree and overlays in the file "overlays/README" in the FAT partition, and in these Forum threads:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewto...44&t=98318
http://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/viewto...28&t=97314
thanks you ,
got it working well.
nice to have some light in my living room Wink

#cheers
Smile 
Hi

With my Rpi2 I still can't controlling my LEDs (Ambilight)
also I added dtparam=spi=on in /flash/config.txt
I even check the GPIO cable is all OK(SPI_MOSI and SPI_CLK) and installed in another microSD Kodi but I still have the problem.

You have an idea of my problem?

Sorry for my bad english Wink

Best regards
Why do you post that here? These builds aren't made for rpi2. Look some posts before, popcornmix already linked to the new thread.
(2015-02-14, 11:46)gege05 Wrote: Hi

With my Rpi2 I still can't controlling my LEDs (Ambilight)
also I added dtparam=spi=on in /flash/config.txt
I even check the GPIO cable is all OK(SPI_MOSI and SPI_CLK) and installed in another microSD Kodi but I still have the problem.

You have an idea of my problem?

Sorry for my bad english Wink

Best regards

Wrong thread for RPi2 - post in this thread. Also what test build are you using?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-10-29, 20:18)popcornmix Wrote: For now I'd like reports like:

300, 80, 0 worked well on a Panasonic TX-P50VT30B.

or

300, 80, 0 didn't auto-repeat on a LG 42LB585V.
300, 80, 300 was the best setting for a LG 42LB585V. Auto-repeat worked, but it tended to overshoot when scrolling.

If we get a few dozen reports like this, we may be able to decide whether to automatically enable it for some manufacturers.
Maybe we'll decide that just an enable/disable setting is sufficient, as 300,80,0 works as well as any other enabled setting.
Maybe we'll decide that it's just a feature for test builds and is not ready for Helix.

But without people testing and reporting back we won't get anywhere.

I had the problem where the repeat was not activating.

Here are my reports for some Sony Bravia TVs.

300, 80, 0 worked on a Sony Bravia KDL-40V4000
300, 80, 0 worked on a Sony Bravia KDL-32V5500

These settings also worked well for a my receiver which is a Yamaha RX-V1077.

Just setting CEC Repeat to 80 was the fix for 3 different systems.

I would really like to see this as the default or at least an advancedsettings option. Having to use custom builds for just this setting is making maintaining multiple Kodi systems complicated.
(2014-09-03, 15:35)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-09-03, 13:38)b1m1 Wrote: Any chance of a recap of what Newclock 4 offers over Newclock 3.

newclock3 and newclock4 are just names of git branches. The actual "newclock" name is historical.

newclock4 now always uses dvdplayer as the player. So no messing with advancedsettings to choose omxplayer or dvdplayer as default player.
There is an acceleration option to enable "omxplayer". This is much like omxplayer from before and is the most efficient player for hard videos (like raw Blu-Ray).
There is an acceleration option to enable "openmax". This will be dvdplayer with hardware acceleration.
With no acceleration enabled you get dvdplayer with software decode. This allows unsupported codecs (like divx3, msmpeg, sorenson spark) to be played, but only at SD resolution.

There is also an acceleration option to choose dvdplayer or omxplayer automatically. This means you normally get omxplayer, unless you are using alsa audio, or you are playing a dvd or you are playing an unsupported codec, where dvdplayer will be chosen in preference.

newclock4 has a new implementation of the dvdplayer video codec acceleration. This uses YUV buffers rather than GL textures which significantly reduces gpu memory requirments.
It also reduces sdram bandwidth and arm cpu.

newclock4 has a new renderer, rather than rendering with GL ES. This uses the higher quality image scaling that omxplayer has, and means videos look better. This affects dvdplayer (with or without acceleration).

newclock4 has a new video reference clock which improves vsync matching for smooth video (when using dvdplayer). Make sure "adjust display refresh rate..." and "sync playback to display" / "resample audio" is enabled for smoothest video.

So in summary newclock4 makes dvdplayer much more usable, reducing memory usage and cpu and improving video quality. You also shouldn't have to worry about choosing the right player - that will be automatic.

Just wondering if this helps with using HiFiBerry DAC+, which I believe only works with dvdplayer. I've been concerned that this could be a problem if there's certain files that can only be played properly with omxplayer but maybe this change to newclock4 means that we should be able to play almost anything with dvdplayer?

Also wanted to check, can music be played with the DAC+, as I don't think that uses dvdplayer for playback and thus I wouldn't expect it to but on their forums they told me that I can play music in OE with it.
(2015-02-24, 19:31)doveman2 Wrote: Just wondering if this helps with using HiFiBerry DAC+, which I believe only works with dvdplayer. I've been concerned that this could be a problem if there's certain files that can only be played properly with omxplayer but maybe this change to newclock4 means that we should be able to play almost anything with dvdplayer?

Also wanted to check, can music be played with the DAC+, as I don't think that uses dvdplayer for playback and thus I wouldn't expect it to but on their forums they told me that I can play music in OE with it.

Apart from higher cpu, dvdplayer works very well. Moderate bitrate 1080p should be okay on Pi1. Raw Blu-Rays should be fine on Pi2.
There is possibly a case with 50/60 fps content (which includes deinterlaced content) working better with omxplayer, but otherwise dvdplayer is fine to use.

Music is always played with paplayer, which uses the same audio sync as dvdplayer, so should be fine with ALSA cards.
(2015-02-24, 19:36)popcornmix Wrote: Apart from higher cpu, dvdplayer works very well. Moderate bitrate 1080p should be okay on Pi1. Raw Blu-Rays should be fine on Pi2.
There is possibly a case with 50/60 fps content (which includes deinterlaced content) working better with omxplayer, but otherwise dvdplayer is fine to use.

Music is always played with paplayer, which uses the same audio sync as dvdplayer, so should be fine with ALSA cards.

That's great to know, thanks. I'll be using the DAC+ on a Pi2, so it shouldn't have any problems playing anything.
Is it normal not showing any add-ons from the unofficial repo with milhouse build ? I need Tvheadend server and oscam[/align]
I'm sorry, I could not read all 156 pages but somebody mentioned slow CEC "instructions" a few pages before, which causes the click-repeat to be slow. I have a Samsung HD6400 with a magic remote and I controle my RPi 2 with the remote via CEC. Is there any way to increase the click-repeat over CEC since the UI seems to be unresponsive because of that. I could not find anything in the search regarding this specific problem. I don't think the remote is the issue because the other normal non-magic-remote also works slow.
(2016-04-15, 09:14)mile_420 Wrote: I'm sorry, I could not read all 156 pages but somebody mentioned slow CEC "instructions" a few pages before, which causes the click-repeat to be slow. I have a Samsung HD6400 with a magic remote and I controle my RPi 2 with the remote via CEC. Is there any way to increase the click-repeat over CEC since the UI seems to be unresponsive because of that. I could not find anything in the search regarding this specific problem. I don't think the remote is the issue because the other normal non-magic-remote also works slow.

This is a very old thread. You should probably be following this one.

You can change the CEC button repeat rate in system/peripherals/input/CEC settings. Change the repeat value to, perhaps 200 and you should find holding a CEC button now repeats 5 times a second.
  • 156(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8