• 112(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
(2014-10-16, 01:10)pootler Wrote: Unfortunately no luck with the hauppauge remote

pootler

Thanks. Not really sure what else to suggest right now.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
What was the last Gotham build, as it seems that xTV-SAF skin doesn't work with Helix, especially the on-screen keyboard?

Also seems that PopcornTV and Steam addons don't work, although they're not listed as incompatible. PopcornFlix does work though.
(2014-10-15, 22:37)popcornmix Wrote: I have a guess what it may be. Can you try setting "sync playback to display"
This was already enabled
Quote:and A/V sync to resample. Any different?
while this was set to "Adjust PLL". It didn't have any effect.

Quote:Also can you try (in config.txt)
hdmi_clock_change_limit=50
This instead seems to have cured it. Changed A/V sync back to adjust PLL and still it seems to have worked - thanks!

It's hard to say for sure that something random is not happening though. I'll report back in a couple days.

I'm curious now - based on the name, I'd say that it limits the HDMI clock changes, and I assume that 50 is smaller than the default. Was the default value increased in recent firmwares? Also, why does this only affect a certain frame rate?
since switching to newclock4 i have audiodropouts. When i disable omx-acceleration they are gone but then i have problems with TV-Playback with VNSI (stuttering, blocky pictures).
Ive checked the nightly from openelec and milhouse and both have those problems.
Any hint or is this behavior known?
(2014-10-16, 05:22)menakite Wrote: I'm curious now - based on the name, I'd say that it limits the HDMI clock changes, and I assume that 50 is smaller than the default. Was the default value increased in recent firmwares? Also, why does this only affect a certain frame rate?

Default is 175 (ppm). It has not changed for a long long time.
Framerate is not significant, but how well the video timestamps and audio timestamps match the data is significant.

Run with mmal, sync video to display and set A/V sync to resample and watch the codec info.
The "rr" parameter shows how much audio needs to be resampled to keep the audio and video clocks synced.

While omxplayer uses a different algorithm, it still has to do a similar compensation.
It alllows up to 0.1% adjustment in HDMI pixel clock, but limits each change step to that specified by hdmi_clock_change_limit.
hdmi_clock_change_limit=50 equates to allowing 0.005% hdmi clock adjustment per step.

I suspect that either your 25Hz videos are encoded in such a way that the timestamps require significant adjustment (can be verified with "rr" number varying from 1.00 or oscillating),
or your receiver is more fussy in that mode.

Note: The default settings work fine for 99% of TVs/receivers - there are just some models that are unusually fussy - what receiver are you using?
(2014-10-16, 01:16)Milhouse Wrote:
(2014-10-16, 01:10)pootler Wrote: Unfortunately no luck with the hauppauge remote

pootler

Thanks. Not really sure what else to suggest right now.

Thanks for trying- I'll roll back to official build for a while.

pootler
Hi Popcornmix. Have you had a chance to think about the commercial skip issue at this post?
(2014-10-16, 13:00)popcornmix Wrote: Default is 175 (ppm). It has not changed for a long long time.
Framerate is not significant, but how well the video timestamps and audio timestamps match the data is significant.

Run with mmal, sync video to display and set A/V sync to resample and watch the codec info.
The "rr" parameter shows how much audio needs to be resampled to keep the audio and video clocks synced.

While omxplayer uses a different algorithm, it still has to do a similar compensation.
It alllows up to 0.1% adjustment in HDMI pixel clock, but limits each change step to that specified by hdmi_clock_change_limit.
hdmi_clock_change_limit=50 equates to allowing 0.005% hdmi clock adjustment per step.

I suspect that either your 25Hz videos are encoded in such a way that the timestamps require significant adjustment (can be verified with "rr" number varying from 1.00 or oscillating),
or your receiver is more fussy in that mode.
Thanks for the detailed explanation.
I have tested the video I extracted the sample from and I can see that it varies (not so frequently) from 0.98 to 1.05 during the first 5 minutes.

Quote:Note: The default settings work fine for 99% of TVs/receivers - there are just some models that are unusually fussy - what receiver are you using?
It's a recent LG TV (32LB650).

I'm perplexed though - I was getting the same behavior with old videos I'm sure I've watched at least one time (i.e. Avatar, my sister recently watched it again for the third time).

Am I supposed to find the maximum value between 50 and 175, or it doesn't have any effect (performance/artifacts/...)?

(Note: I'm not sure about local laws, so I'll delete the sample later day.)
Can I roll-back to Gotham stable by just extracting (and renaming as needed) the files from the zip (including the bootloader files) to the FAT partition of the SD card, or will running Helix have updated any files on the ext4 partition that will no longer be backwards-compatible with Gotham?
(2014-10-16, 17:47)doveman2 Wrote: Can I roll-back to Gotham stable by just extracting (and renaming as needed) the files from the zip (including the bootloader files) to the FAT partition of the SD card, or will running Helix have updated any files on the ext4 partition that will no longer be backwards-compatible with Gotham?

You can roll back to Gotham from Helix using just the Gotham tar. You should also be able to upgrade to Helix from a recent Gotham stable using just the Helix tar as tar upgrade support is in OpenELEC 4.2.

As far as files on the /storage partition are concerned you should be OK although your guisettings.xml might cause problems so you should probably delete that after upgrading/downgrading.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-10-16, 05:22)menakite Wrote:
Quote:Also can you try (in config.txt)
hdmi_clock_change_limit=50
This instead seems to have cured it. Changed A/V sync back to adjust PLL and still it seems to have worked - thanks!

It's hard to say for sure that something random is not happening though. I'll report back in a couple days.
Got it again :-(
New OpenELEC Helix build: #1016
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.17.1 #1 PREEMPT Thu Oct 16 22:13:26 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct 12 2014 13:00:44
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 231a26c97857bfd939a62267a890f90b00c9d584 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141016221217-r19393-g4556014 [Build #1016]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (4556014c, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (cd5807a5, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.17.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock4 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR5217
  • Includes latest libnfs master (ab1af695)
  • Includes latest libcec master (81e38211)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (50aef603)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (a3724213)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes PR:139: Update libXBMC_gui.h
  • Includes PR:5312: dvdplayer: do a seek after having changed subtitle stream
Build Highlights:
  1. New 3.17.1 kernel
  2. Bump xbmc-addon-xvdr to 5.30 GUI API
  3. Restored Wolfson audio card support - have not enabled CONFIG_RFKILL_REGULATOR option, as hopefully not required
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • linux: remove old patches
    • linux: enable firmware loading from /storage/.config/firmware/
    • libvdpau: remove unused patch
    • connman: fix systemdunitdir / systemdunitdir
    • config/functions: show_config: report upnp support
    • connman: update to connman-1.26
    • linux: clean up unused modprobe.d/ath9k.conf
    • buildsys: add $PKG_DIR/modprobe.d/ support to scripts/install
    • alsa-lib: clean up modprobe.d/
    • kmod: clean up modprobe.d/
    • xbmc-pvr-addons: wmc: heh os/arch info
    • kmod: cleanup modprobe.d/
    • linux: update to linux-3.17.1, update kernel config, update RPi support patch. TODO: rework some patches from packages/linux/patches/3.17.1/todo
    • linux: fix build if /lib/firmeware is not avaible before creating the symlink
    • projects/*/linux: remove CONFIG_ACPI_WMI, CONFIG_HP_WMI, CONFIG_HP_ACCEL, CONFIG_INPUT_POLLDEV, CONFIG_INPUT_SPARSEKMAP support
    • projects/*/linux: remove CONFIG_6LOWPAN
    • projects/*/linux: switch back to idle dynticks
    • projects/Generic/linux: switch to tick based cputime accounting
    • libdrm: simplify package.mk
    • Revert "linux: clean up unused modprobe.d/ath9k.conf"
    • IR-RC6 patch: updated for kernel 3.17.1 (PR:3552, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • linux: remove patch from todo dir
    • gettext: update to gettext-0.19.3
    • libxml2: update to libxml2-2.9.2
  2. XBMC:
    • VFS: remove inconsistency for Read/Write return type and parameter type, many added checks (PR:4962, 7 commits, 99 files changed)
    • CacheStrategy: remove usage of emulated win32 functions, switch to internal VFS (PR:5476, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • fix: missing bound check on populating context menu (PR:5517, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [osx] - setvideoresolution needs to be called from mainthread else the o... (PR:5502, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • Put frameTimer on the stack instead (PR:5515, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • [skin] update re-touched
  3. Custom:
    • Added PR:139: Update libXBMC_gui.h
(2014-10-16, 20:40)menakite Wrote: Got it again :-(

Try with a lower number - e.g. 10 or 20?
@pootler - any luck with the new kernel?
New OpenELEC Helix build: #1017
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.17.1 #1 PREEMPT Fri Oct 17 21:06:44 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct 17 2014 17:56:05
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 845092531e360acd37f2f1964157f8079c77edfb (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141017210533-r19393-g4556014 [Build #1017]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (4556014c, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (21a4abb1, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.17.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock4 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR5217
  • Includes latest libnfs master (ab1af695)
  • Includes latest libcec master (81e38211)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (79ca6348)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (2bf2563c)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes PR:5312: dvdplayer: do a seek after having changed subtitle stream
  • Includes PR:5524: Respect parent path decision when cleaning paths.
Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware.
  2. PR:5524 should prevent tvshows being accidentally removed during a video library clean whenever a source is offline
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Oct 17):
    • firmware: dpi: Add options to alter dpi settings through dpi_output_format. See: link
    • firmware: arm_loader: Avoid gpioman spam when POWER_LOW is not defined
  2. XBMC:
    • URIUtils::IsInPath needs to check if the base path isn't empty, fixes te... (PR:5494, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • AML: Send h263 to software decoding sooner (PR:5478, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [pvr] fix: remember the wrong selected item path if you close the channel osd (PR:5447, 3 commits, 5 files changed)
    • [bluray][files] Add new BlurayFile. (PR:5320, 1 commit, 7 files changed)
    • [osx/preflight] - add allowsharing tag to default sources.xml (PR:5518, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • missing slider labels (PR:5521, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [files] Fix CBlurayFile after 0dc35add3dc6426a531c9903b8ed75fe97a8f5f8. (PR:5520, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • JSON-RPC: Extend PVR channel details to be more convenient to client applications (PR:5522, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • [PVR] bump add-ons (PR:5519, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Skipped the unnecessary construction of the temporary TimeSmoother for TimeUtils
    • [vfs] Fix ZipManager, thanks to @notspiff
    • [tests] Fix TestZipFile, thanks notspiff
    • [vfs] Win32File: fix assert in Stat()
  3. Custom:
    • Added PR:5524: Respect parent path decision when cleaning paths.
  • 112(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8