• 113(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
Hi. As a new poster, first may I just say thank you for all the work you all put in, so the rest of us can enjoy the end result.
So, to business.
I'm having a great deal of trouble trying to get 1015 and Tvheadend(v3.9.1847) to play nicely together. The majority of the time the system gets "stuck" on load up, and then eventually invokes OOM, and kicks out Tvheadend. Which then restarts, and so the cycle continues until I intervene by using systemctl stop (if I get the chance) or by using kill -9, or in the worse circumstance, having to poweroff the RPi .
So far I have only managed to get them to run together once, but I closed my system down overnight, and I was back to the same problem in the morning.
Having a dig around on the Tvheadend site, I noticed that version 3.9.1847 "failed" to build. Now I'm not sure what that means, and how that would affect the compilation of Tvheadend. Does whomever created 1847 for Openelec realise this? and is it this that's causing my problems?
As an aside, I have been trying to get recent versions of Tvheadend (my own compilations) to work with Helix. None of them have as yet worked perfectly - I'm having trouble with video play back - but none of them have caused OOM to kick in.
As yet, I have not tried to use 1016 / 17, but will be giving them a go.

My Pi is a model 512B, and everything is set to default.

I can provide a dmesg file if required, but thought I'd better mention 1847 "failing" on the Tvheadend site first.
There's a tvheadend support thread on the OpenELEC forum that you might want to take a look at. I've no idea if there's a general tvheadend problem, it appears to be working well for least one person with a Helix build.

Problems with builds other than my own should be discussed in a separate/dedicated thread, to ensure any discussion remains on-topic. By all means test one of my builds with tvheadend and let us know how you get on.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Okay, will do. Was just wondering if anyone else was having a similar experiece.
@popcornmix

I've just updated my RPI (512MB) to the latest version (17/10) from Newclock3 version and found a strange behaviour related to subtitles.
When downloading a new subtitle (or updating a new one) there is a strange white wash all over the screen (although the frame can be seen behind), when the movie is back from pause the white disappears but the active subtitle is no where the one I downloaded (to be honest I don't know from where it took it).
It didn't happen on newclock3 and doesn't happen on the latest android alpha.
Using standard and default setup. Default skin. All acceleration on. It happens when I disable OMXPlayer or the other one.
See below log.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=321840

Is this an RPI related? Any idea?
Thanks for your help
HI guys

With recent builds support for my hifiberry digi has been flaky - last build were it works is #1006.

Running dmesg on more recent builds I get a bunch of failed to get supply/supplies messages and '-517' as error code from the modules which the digi needs. There are - as far as I can tell - no differences in output from lsmod on the different builds.

I can reliably get the digi to work again by downgrading to #1006. Has anybody else come across this problem?

best regards
@slomovizion - how is build #1015, this temporarily dropped the Wolfson support added in build #1007 which is responsible for the -517 messages.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-10-16, 14:52)allan87 Wrote: Hi Popcornmix. Have you had a chance to think about the commercial skip issue at this post?

I've done some investigation. There were a couple of changes in the flush and accurate flags used when seeking, between newclock3 and newclock4, and by matching the newclock3 behaviour, my test case works better. You can try it in next test build.
(2014-10-18, 09:59)Shanyel Wrote: I've just updated my RPI (512MB) to the latest version (17/10) from Newclock3 version and found a strange behaviour related to subtitles.
When downloading a new subtitle (or updating a new one) there is a strange white wash all over the screen (although the frame can be seen behind), when the movie is back from pause the white disappears but the active subtitle is no where the one I downloaded (to be honest I don't know from where it took it).

Not seen it myself or heard of any similar report. Can't see anything obvious in log.
Might be worth testing if it occurs with default settings/add-ons. Rename .xbmc to .xbmc_back and reboot.
All settings should be default and add-ons disabled. Try and do the minimum number of steps to reproduce this.
If it still fails then let me know what steps are needed to reproduce this.
(2014-10-18, 17:45)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-10-18, 09:59)Shanyel Wrote: I've just updated my RPI (512MB) to the latest version (17/10) from Newclock3 version and found a strange behaviour related to subtitles.

Not seen it myself or heard of any similar report. Can't see anything obvious in log.
Might be worth testing if it occurs with default settings/add-ons. Rename .xbmc to .xbmc_back and reboot.
All settings should be default and add-ons disabled. Try and do the minimum number of steps to reproduce this.
If it still fails then let me know what steps are needed to reproduce this.
Will try and report
BTW, when downloading a subtitle outside xbmc all is fine
Thanks
Hi Milhouse

Unfortunately build #1015 doesn’t work for me. Output from dmesg and lsmod is the same as the builds where wolfson support is included:

dmesg: http://sprunge.us/jQNC
lsmod: http://sprunge.us/TgHA

Output from dmesg and lsmod output from build #1006 (in case there are some clues that I’ve missed)

dmesg: http://sprunge.us/NQBG
lsmod: http://sprunge.us/DDPK

best regards
New OpenELEC Helix build: #1018
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.17.1 #1 PREEMPT Sat Oct 18 21:07:43 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct 17 2014 17:56:05
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 845092531e360acd37f2f1964157f8079c77edfb (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141018210632-r19397-g6df2e66 [Build #1018]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (6df2e667, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (b5947afe, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.17.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock4 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR5217
  • Includes latest libnfs master (ab1af695)
  • Includes latest libcec master (81e38211)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (79ca6348)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (2bf2563c)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes PR:369: [pvr.mythtv] Release v1.9.23
  • Includes PR:5312: dvdplayer: do a seek after having changed subtitle stream
  • Includes PR:5416: added: POC mp4 movie/episode tag support
  • Includes PR:5524: Respect parent path decision when cleaning paths.
Build Highlights:
  1. Proof of concept MP4 tag support (PR:5416)
  2. xbmc-pvr-addons updated with PR:369:
    • [cppmyth] Release 1.0.4:
      • Allow read ahead when recording grows
      • Delegate JSON parsing
      • Handles version of services
      • Allow HTTP redirection to get slave previews
    • [mythtv] Release 1.9.23:
      • Collect all AVINFO
      • New format for program UID string
      • Fix coverity issues
      • demuxer: optimizing, fix PES header
      • Fix category override
      • Transfer sub channel number
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • libplist: update to libplist-1.12
    • sqlite: update to sqlite-autoconf-3080700
    • xbmc-addon-xvdr: update to xbmc-addon-xvdr-2bf2563 (PR:3558, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • properly deinit visualisation presets dialog (fixes #15478) (PR:5523, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [keyboard layouts] use English language names (PR:5525, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [AE] Add resample factory and Pi accelerated resampling (PR:5479, 7 commits, 28 files changed)
    • SlingboxLib: Fix alternative CSlingbox constructor (PR:5282, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • dont require libflac to build kodi core (PR:5527, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • [vfs] Fix asserts when CWin32File is used for drive
    • [vfs] Win32Directory: fix Exists() for root folders
    • [slingbox] add .patch file after b3d686357d0912ce8c748bc013c93b0b6a47cd9b
  3. newclock4:
    • [omxplayer] Restore flush/accurate seek flags to fix issue with edl skipping
    • [mmal] Exit preroll when we have some decoded frames
  4. Custom:
    • Added: PR:369: [pvr.mythtv] Release v1.9.23
    • Added: PR:5416: added: POC mp4 movie/episode tag support
(2014-10-18, 13:48)slomovizion Wrote: I can reliably get the digi to work again by downgrading to #1006. Has anybody else come across this problem?

Can you explain exactly what the problem is? You say it's not "reliable" - does this mean it's working some of the time? What is the output of "aplay -l"? Is the Hifiberry visible to XBMC, or not? If it is, how is it not reliable?

Just an idea, could you boot a #1006 system with the start.elf firmware from #1007 and see if it has any effect:

1. Copy #1007 tar to Update folder, boot into #1007
2. cp /flash/start.elf /storage
3. Copy #1006 tar to Update folder, boot into #1006
4. mount -o remount,rw /flash
5. cp /storage/start.elf /flash
6. mount -o remount,ro /flash
7. reboot
8. Confirm if Hifiberry hardware becomes "unreliable", or not.

The only other thing I can do is throw up a build with the resample commits reverted (these were the only other significant changes in #1007, other than firmware and Wolfson), and for you to test if that has any effect but if the device is not visible to XBMC then there wouldn't be any point in testing such a change. (not really possible - way too many changes)
Seeking/skip in films are fine now with omxplayer/HW activated
Thanks!

I meant, no scrambled picture when fast forward in films.
Hello since many version, i have a problem with my DVD. The Problem is, that the menu hang.
Here is my log and i hope you find an error.
I have used the version from today.
http://pastebin.com/AVLfbvgw
@MisterXY: And what was the last version of mine that worked (didn't hang)?
  • 113(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8