• 50(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
(2014-07-17, 16:53)hudo Wrote:
(2014-07-16, 06:37)gogu Wrote: OpenELEC Helix build: #0716 ,#0715b ,#0714b ,#0714

error IPTVSimple PVR-addon ;

07:10:47 579.732422 T:2798208080 ERROR: PVR - Add-on 'PVR IPTV Simple Client' is using an incompatible API version. XBMC minimum API version = '1.9.1', add-on API version '1.9.0'
07:10:47 579.732666 T:2798208080 WARNING: UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to create add-on PVR IPTV Simple Client, status = 6
07:10:47 579.732788 T:2798208080 WARNING: UpdateAndInitialiseClients - failed to load the dll for add-on PVR IPTV Simple Client, disabling it

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/5053

I too get that issue (when trying to use TVHeadend). The PR has been closed though, and I don't think anything has been merged in. I think the version just needs to be bumped, but could be way off the mark.

Thanks for your hard work!
If I update to these new builds I assume it will break the PVR section on every skin other than the default skin. If I do install it and want to go back to early version is it the same procedure placing the tar file in the update folder ?

The main reason why I keep updating is to see has it fixed the interlace issues that I am having on SD channels. Surprising there are no Australian's complaining unless it is only me our tv is reasonably good it has variety of programming and I watch it significantly more than cable television.
(2014-07-18, 03:11)Milhouse Wrote: New OpenELEC Helix build: #0718b
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.15.5 #1 PREEMPT Fri Jul 18 00:50:11 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jul 15 2014 17:53:13
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version ad89e56fcfdce27003bb1c722534d117d4bebf06 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC_Helix (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140718041624-r18747-g6ae3a84

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (6ae3a84, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (92141a9, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.15.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-master-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes libnfs master with directory caching and file read-ahead support
  • Includes zram with LZ4 compression as a kernel module. See guide. See post #605 for config patch.
  • Includes PR4990: Allow larger font size
  • Includes PR5034: Drop GetText usage in tinyxml
Build Highlights:

1. NOTICE: OpenSSL has been replaced by LibreSSL v2.0.2 in this build (see PR:3370).
  2. This is not a debug build.
  3. libcec fixes from mk101 are now included upstream in OpenELEC from PR:29.
  4. CONFIG_UACCESS_WITH_MEMCPY enabled upstream in OpenELEC to use optimised memcpy for the kernel copy_to_user function (used when communicating with GPU as well as drivers like USB/network).
  5. #0718b: Add patch: Python: remove RAND_egd support to support libressl
  1. OpenELEC:
    • gcc: update to gcc-4.9.1
    • ffmpeg: update to ffmpeg-2.3
    • lcdproc: tune lcdd.service (PR:3372, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • projects/RPi/linux: enable CONFIG_UACCESS_WITH_MEMCPY
    • libcec: add PR29
    • dvb-firmware: update to dvb-firmware-0.0.42
    • gettext: update to gettext-0.19.2
  2. XBMC:
    • [epg] fix implicit std:Confusedtring constructor with NULL argument (PR:5037, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [depends/ffmpeg] - fix sed (didn't work on osx) - this fixes pkgconfig f... (PR:5036, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [pvr] invalidate window if using fast channel switch (PR:5038, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • Readme updates (PR:5011, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • cmake: some win32 fixes (PR:5055, 7 commits, 6 files changed)
    • Some character disappear on mac os x (PR:4896, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [lang] add comment/usage to key "Guide" to clarify its meaning (PR:5054, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [addons] sync with repo
    • [addons] fix null ptr dereference in GetTranslatedString
  3. newclock3:

CONFIG_UACCESS_WITH_MEMCPY seems to have fixed issues with network-intensive tasks that used to fail after a while, for example copying a file while streaming.

Update: It takes longer to fail, but it does at some point, here is the log.
(2014-07-18, 10:05)craigbeat Wrote: I too get that issue (when trying to use TVHeadend). The PR has been closed though, and I don't think anything has been merged in. I think the version just needs to be bumped, but could be way off the mark.

Thanks for your hard work!

That's probably all that's required for now, worth a shot anyway.

This is the commit for the API bump on the PVR Addons repository, so you could try manually editing the addon.xml file for whatever PVR addon you are using, changing the version number on the import line from 1.9.0 to 1.9.1 and see how far that gets you.

PS. DON'T change any other version number present in each file - change only the "<import addon="xbmc.pvr" version="1.9.0"/> line! Smile

(2014-07-18, 10:31)denz Wrote: If I update to these new builds I assume it will break the PVR section on every skin other than the default skin.
Yes, but see above comment which may be sufficient until the addons themselves are updated.

(2014-07-18, 10:31)denz Wrote: If I do install it and want to go back to early version is it the same procedure placing the tar file in the update folder ?
Yes.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@Milhouse

Hi,

Could you include your bcmstat.sh script in all your xbmc builds?

Could you include a console based file manager like midnight commander in your xbmc builds?

Thanks.
(2014-07-18, 11:38)b1m1 Wrote: Could you include your bcmstat.sh script in all your xbmc builds?

OK, I'll include it in the next build, along with texturecache.py. These are trivial scripts to install manually when I'm no longer creating custom builds.

(2014-07-18, 11:38)b1m1 Wrote: Could you include a console based file manager like midnight commander in your xbmc builds?

Midnight Commander (mc) is available in the Unofficial OpenELEC repository.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-07-17, 23:46)gandharva Wrote: Reverting bcm2835-driver to 1e7d3d9 worked. xbmc is on newclock3 branch (14-dc0901d). So it's definitly the firmware causing this issue.

What GPIO pins are you using?
(2014-07-18, 12:44)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-07-17, 23:46)gandharva Wrote: Reverting bcm2835-driver to 1e7d3d9 worked. xbmc is on newclock3 branch (14-dc0901d). So it's definitly the firmware causing this issue.

What GPIO pins are you using?

http://img.lightberry.eu/download/doc/Li...ual_EN.pdf
Quote:That's probably all that's required for now, worth a shot anyway.

This is the commit for the API bump on the PVR Addons repository, so you could try manually editing the addon.xml file for whatever PVR addon you are using, changing the version number on the import line from 1.9.0 to 1.9.1 and see how far that gets you.

PS. DON'T change any other version number present in each file - change only the "<import addon="xbmc.pvr" version="1.9.0"/> line! Smile

Just tried that. Unfortunately the file is in /usr/share/xbmc/addons though, so can't edit. I tried copying to .xbmc/addons and editing the name in addons.xml to pvr2, but I got an error that it couldn't find a file. I think it might need to be compiled in.
(2014-07-18, 20:47)craigbeat Wrote:
Quote:...This is the commit for the API bump on the PVR Addons repository, so you could try manually editing the addon.xml file for whatever PVR addon you are using, changing the version number on the import line from 1.9.0 to 1.9.1 and see how far that gets you.

Just tried that. Unfortunately the file is in /usr/share/xbmc/addons though, so can't edit. I tried copying to .xbmc/addons and editing the name in addons.xml to pvr2, but I got an error that it couldn't find a file. I think it might need to be compiled in.
How are you trying to edit? I have made similar edits by SSHing to the pi and editing the file with vi.
(2014-07-15, 18:04)Forage Wrote:
(2014-07-15, 00:25)Milhouse Wrote: New OpenELEC Helix build: #0714b
TV Show episodes play again, but details are still being downloaded on the fly, every time I view the episode information.
Is this new behaviour for TV Shows? Does anyone else experience this behaviour? It's quite annoying when having default "OK" button behaviour set to displaying movie/episode information.

Sorry for not picking up on this, I thought it was PVR related (which is a little broken right now and I'm unable to test) but your post in PR:4977 has caused the penny to drop. Fortunately a fix should be in the next build.
(2014-07-18, 20:53)allan87 Wrote:
(2014-07-18, 20:47)craigbeat Wrote:
Quote:...This is the commit for the API bump on the PVR Addons repository, so you could try manually editing the addon.xml file for whatever PVR addon you are using, changing the version number on the import line from 1.9.0 to 1.9.1 and see how far that gets you.

How are you trying to edit? I have made similar edits by SSHing to the pi and editing the file with vi.

Yes, I ssh in and use vi. Unfortunately, the file is in /usr/share/xbmx/addons rather than /storage/.xbmc/addons so it's on the loop0 (do a df and you'll see / has 0 bytes free). I've tried re-mounting, but it's the squashfs partition.
(2014-07-19, 09:00)craigbeat Wrote: Yes, I ssh in and use vi. Unfortunately, the file is in /usr/share/xbmx/addons rather than /storage/.xbmc/addons so it's on the loop0 (do a df and you'll see / has 0 bytes free). I've tried re-mounting, but it's the squashfs partition.

The next build will have updated pvr addons.
(2014-07-18, 12:11)Milhouse Wrote:
(2014-07-18, 11:38)b1m1 Wrote: Could you include your bcmstat.sh script in all your xbmc builds?

OK, I'll include it in the next build, along with texturecache.py. These are trivial scripts to install manually when I'm no longer creating custom builds.

(2014-07-18, 11:38)b1m1 Wrote: Could you include a console based file manager like midnight commander in your xbmc builds?

Midnight Commander (mc) is available in the Unofficial OpenELEC repository.

Thank you Smile

@Milhouse @popcornmix

Hi guys, I just wanted to query CPU usage when copying files from one hard disk to another.

When I copy files from one NTFS drive to another NTFS drive I get high CPU usage on the destination drive (~65%) on the mount.ntfs process but low CPU usage on the sources drive (~5%) mount.ntfs process.

Is that correct behavior? Why is writing so much more processor intensive?

Thanks.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0719
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.15.6 #1 PREEMPT Sat Jul 19 08:29:25 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jul 15 2014 17:53:13
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version ad89e56fcfdce27003bb1c722534d117d4bebf06 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC_Helix (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140719093512-r18772-gf09e784

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (f09e784, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (55a1764, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.15.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-master-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes libnfs master with directory caching and file read-ahead support
  • Includes zram with LZ4 compression as a kernel module. See guide. See build #0706 for config patch.
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps
  • Includes PR:3370: [RFC] libressl support
  • Includes PR4990: Allow larger font size
  • Includes PR5034: Drop GetText usage in tinyxml
Build Highlights:
  1. New kernel 3.15.6
  2. PVR addons updated with support for API 1.9.1
  3. Fix to avoid running scanner unnecessarily when opening info panel for a TV episode
  4. bcmstat.sh and texturecache.py included as standard (/usr/bin)
  1. OpenELEC:
    • linux: update to linux-3.15.6
    • libnl: update to libnl-3.2.25
    • curl: update to curl-7.37.1
    • xbmc-pvr-addons-master: update to xbmc-pvr-addons-master-a6c2ec7
  2. XBMC:
    • Trac #15178: FTP TLS not working (PR:5039, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [AML] Be rid of damned cpu type magic numbers (PR:5035, 6 commits, 3 files changed)
    • Add audioencoder icons (PR:5057, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Replace GetProtocol() usage with IsProtocol, drop CFileItem::GetAsUrl() duplicate (PR:5029, 2 commits, 37 files changed)
    • [pvr] drop call to CRenderManager:Tonguereinit() (PR:5058, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [videodb] no need to use GetEpisodeId() if we already have an episode id. fixes detour via infoscanner when displaying episode info
  • 50(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8