• 52(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
Already tested transmission, everything is working fine!
Trying to open some YouTube videos using yatse. And with this latest version I'm getting this type of errors:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=250741
Another log more complete:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=250752

Is release related?

Also trying to output audio to analog and HDMI.
I have HDMI as source and activated the dual output, but I don't get audio output on analog, more people with this problem?
(2014-07-20, 20:55)Mafarricos Wrote: Is release related?

I don't really use Yatse any more, I tried opening a few Youtube videos with a recent release and the Youtube add-on without any problem. The errors appear to be http rather than https, can you try a pre-libressl release and see if the problem is still there?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Milhouse in previous releases I always used the Yatse to send youtube videos and never had problems.
I will do a downgrade to previous release, and check if was a update on yatse or so.

For the tests that I made opening from youtube addon or from other addons it seems that youtube videos allways open.

I will also try on another pi, so see if it was a upgrade release problem.
(2014-07-20, 20:55)Mafarricos Wrote: Trying to open some YouTube videos using yatse. And with this latest version I'm getting this type of errors:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=250741
Another log more complete:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=250752

Is release related?

(2014-07-21, 02:42)Milhouse Wrote: I don't really use Yatse any more, I tried opening a few Youtube videos with a recent release and the Youtube add-on without any problem. The errors appear to be http rather than https, can you try a pre-libressl release and see if the problem is still there?
Hello people.

I think the issue was resolved with the latest patches to the YouTube Video Plugin, though I'm not running an OpenELEC Beta (v4.0.7 Official, at the moment).

Here are two possible solutions for you:
1. Simple, 1-file replacement.

2. More in-depth, addresses several issues (mentioned here), including the one from solution #1:
https://github.com/learningit/plugin.video.youtube/ (or simply click here to download the .zip master from the aforementioned site).

@Milhouse: Mind I ask which remote control solution are you currently using for your OpenELEC setup?

Regards,
(2014-07-22, 00:57)AlderaaN Wrote: @Milhouse: Mind I ask which remote control solution are you currently using for your OpenELEC setup?

VRC-1100 for my Pi. With my OpenELEC/x86 I use a Harmony One programmed with VRC-1100 codes.

Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-07-22, 03:14)Milhouse Wrote:
(2014-07-22, 00:57)AlderaaN Wrote: @Milhouse: Mind I ask which remote control solution are you currently using for your OpenELEC setup?

VRC-1100 for my Pi. With my OpenELEC/x86 I use a Harmony One programmed with VRC-1100 codes.
Cool.

Thank you for the information!
Ohhh with one of the latest builds, I can't play all h264 files. Huh

It is now the same problem how in raspbmc!

Is it possible to change the codec?
(2014-07-22, 17:55)Heiko123 Wrote: Ohhh with one of the latest builds, I can't play all h264 files. Huh

It is now the same problem how in raspbmc!

Is it possible to change the codec?

Which build works/doesn't work? What file - need mediainfo, a sample file or debug log (wiki).

Try increasing GPU mem (128 on a 256MB Pi, 256 on a 512MB Pi) and see if that helps.
Hello,

thanks.

I will test it and I have send a PM to you within a sample file.

EDIT: Hola, I change the GPU mem to 256MB and ... all files are playing. Thanks for you tip.
@popcornmix

Is there some kind of a hardware/firmware limitation according deinterlacing on SD content?

Deinterlacing doesn't seems to work with official and these builds, deinterlace is set on auto or fore on.

My sat provider has several SD h264 encoded channels, this is pretty exceptional I think as other providers all seems to use mpeg2 in combo with SD channels.
At the first sight, HD channels with H264 seems fine, a bit odd as it should be more work for the GPU.

You can download a short sample here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1813...-07-22.mkv

Pictures where you can see the interlace effects:
(2014-07-22, 20:39)glenn 1990 Wrote: Is there some kind of a hardware/firmware limitation according deinterlacing on SD content?

Not a hardware limitation. There are two deinterlace algorithms - a complex one for SD and a simpler one for HD.
I have seen another (SD) interlaced sample that behaves better with the simpler deinterlacer.
I suspect that your file will look better with the simpler deinterlacer.

The short term solution is to provide a way of choosing the deinterlace algorithm (either through GUI or config.txt).
The longer term solution is to understand what's going wrong and fix it. There will be something unexpected in the encoding that means we are not identifying the fields correctly.
(2014-07-22, 23:51)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-07-22, 20:39)glenn 1990 Wrote: Is there some kind of a hardware/firmware limitation according deinterlacing on SD content?

Not a hardware limitation. There are two deinterlace algorithms - a complex one for SD and a simpler one for HD.
I have seen another (SD) interlaced sample that behaves better with the simpler deinterlacer.
I suspect that your file will look better with the simpler deinterlacer.

The short term solution is to provide a way of choosing the deinterlace algorithm (either through GUI or config.txt).
The longer term solution is to understand what's going wrong and fix it. There will be something unexpected in the encoding that means we are not identifying the fields correctly.

Thanks for your response.

Yea, a option in config.txt would be a nice thing.
I saw you did some work to offload deinterlacing to the TV, wich would prabably work ok then?
Simple deinterlacer is basic software BOB I assume, right?
(2014-07-23, 20:01)glenn 1990 Wrote: Yea, a option in config.txt would be a nice thing.
I saw you did some work to offload deinterlacing to the TV, wich would prabably work ok then?
Simple deinterlacer is basic software BOB I assume, right?

Command line omxplayer now supports "native" deinterlace. It only works where video resolution matches TV resolution, framerate matches and the interlace is "simple" (i.e. field order doesn't change during the stream).
It's effectively free, processing wise, and the TV can probably do a better job at deinterlacing.
I'd like to add this to these xbmc test builds at some point, just to see whether it works for many people.

The current HD/simple deinterlacer is software BOB.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0724
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.15.6 #1 PREEMPT Thu Jul 24 11:13:25 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jul 23 2014 21:08:37
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 174cdd77563b98023955a94cb8d072d9c7095d6f (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC_Helix (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140724114934-r18816-gc6c7a82

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (c6c7a82, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (a8fc99e, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.15.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-master-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes libnfs master with directory caching and file read-ahead support
  • Includes zram with LZ4 compression as a kernel module. See guide. See build #0706 for config patch.
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps
  • Includes PR4990: Allow larger font size
Build Highlights:

New firmware with on-screen warning for over-temperature and, on Model B+, under-voltage warning (see discussion thread).
OpenELEC: Migration from OpenSSL to LibreSSL is now complete. Addons should now be updated in the Official and Unofficial repositories.
OpenELEC: Loading SYSTEM into RAM is no longer supported as it didn't seem to provide much if any benefit.
  1. Firmware (Jul 23):
    • firmware: deinterlace: process yuvuv directly. See: link
    • firmware: cec: Fix for reverting to incorrect state after a timeout
    • firmware: gpioman: Add default pulling to output pins. See: link
    • firmware: ILCamera: Fix for AWB still being locked after a capture.See: link
    • firmware: OV5647: Add low frame rate (0.1666-1fps) 5MPix mode. See: link
    • firmware: Add MMAL parameter for privacy indicator control. See: link
    • firmware: camera: Add support for dual camera for CM from Serge
    • firmware: config: config: Add display_default_lcd option
    • bootcode: Fix for B+ waking spuriously after shutdown. See link
    • firmware: image_encode: reset line count at end of image. See: link
    • firmware: gencmd: Add command to read the ring oscillator. See: link
    • firmware: arm_loader: Add displayed warning for over-temp and under-voltage
    • Also limit overclock on under-voltage (optionally disableable). Use avoid_warnings=1 to disable warnings
  2. OpenELEC:
    • tvheadend: update to tvheadend-3.9.1083
    • xbmc-pvr-addons: update to xbmc-pvr-addons-be12a8d
    • libXfont: update to libXfont-1.5.0
    • new package: add package 'libressl'
    • pulseaudio: switch to libressl support
    • Python: remove RAND_egd support to support libressl, switch to libres
    • ffmpeg: switch to libressl support
    • rtmpdump: switch to libressl support
    • openssh: switch to libressl support, add patch to support libressl
    • openvpn: switch to libressl support
    • wpa_supplicant: switch to libressl support
    • xorg-server: switch to libressl support
    • curl: switch to libressl support
    • diskdev_cmds: switch to libressl support
    • libssh: switch to openssl/libressl support, remove not needed patch
    • vdr-plugin-dvbapi: switch to libressl support
    • tvheadend: switch to libressl support
    • remove package 'openssl' (replaced by package 'libressl')
    • config/version: set ADDON_VERSION to 4.3
    • hdhomerun: bump addon version
    • imon-mce: bump addon version
    • sundtek-mediatv: bump addon version
    • boblightd: bump addon version
    • tvheadend: bump addon version
    • vdr-addon: bump addon version
    • vdr-plugin-streamdev: switch to libressl support
    • ntfs-3g_ntfsprogs: disable crypto support
    • busybox: remove SYSTEM-to-RAM support, it dont improves much
  3. XBMC:
    • fix: mapping for xbmc eject on device mceusb (PR:5049, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [posixdirectory] convert non-utf8 file names to utf-8 (PR:5061, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [pvr] fix: directory update infinity loop if GetDirectory() return false (PR:5052, 2 commits, 9 files changed)
    • Drop GetText usage in tinyxml (PR:5034, 10 commits, 9 files changed)
    • [pvr] unify channel info settings + show channel info after channel switch from within channel osd (PR:5060, 2 commits, 5 files changed)
    • fix UPNP_DEFINES in configure.in to get UPnP logging and xbmc specific HTTP User-Agent working (PR:5062, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [configure] properly detect if curl was compiled statically with openssl (PR:5048, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • revert default value after PR5060
    • [win32] XBMC main project file: fix indentation
    • [addons] sync with repo
    • TestUtils.cpp: fix: add .c_str() to CSpecialProtocol::TranslatePath()
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8