• 77(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
i have issue with Confluence, a lot of times reboot it self Also, I can not use the phone app to be used in on the keyboard
I use the update date 26-8-2014
(2014-08-28, 19:03)tomtomclub Wrote: i have issue with Confluence, a lot of times reboot it self

Need a debug log (wiki) of when this happens.

(2014-08-28, 19:03)tomtomclub Wrote: Also, I can not use the phone app to be used in on the keyboard

Have you contacted the phone app author? Is the phone app compatible with Helix?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Have you contacted the phone app author? Is the phone app compatible with Helix? no sorry I will ..do but this always worked without problems

Need a debug log of when this happens.: I'm gonna do that
(2014-08-28, 19:33)tomtomclub Wrote: no sorry I will ..do but this always worked without problems

What is the last working build?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-08-28, 19:03)tomtomclub Wrote: i have issue with Confluence, a lot of times reboot it self Also, I can not use the phone app to be used in on the keyboard
I use the update date 26-8-2014

Which phone/app? I've noticed the issue as well very recently. I'm using an iPhone 5s and the Office XBMC Remote app.
Hi, just checked this on lastest build (at least).

When I go to system->addons->available updates and press "Update All", my kodi automatically reboots.
(2014-08-29, 00:42)fightnight Wrote: Hi, just checked this on lastest build (at least).

When I go to system->addons->available updates and press "Update All", my kodi automatically reboots.

That already happened when in Helix releases (from a month ago or so), so isn't a problem with the release, but probably on main openelec or main xbmc.
OK so I think I have narrowed this artwork bug down as far as I can. wondering if anyone else could possibly try to reproduce.

Video showing how to reproduce and clear the bug
http://youtu.be/soxos3XDi5I

Logfile:
http://pastebin.com/qZRcEsrV

From my understanding it appears to have something to do with the resume function.
If resume has nothing to do with the video then it will reload the artwork correctly.
If there was a resume flag at the start of playback then it fails to load.
If there is a resume flag set during playback then it fails to load.
Only if there is no resume flag at start (start from beginning) and no resume flag at stop (meaning stopping within a couple of minutes), It reloads correctly.

reproduced on both my Pi's
Raspberry Pi B & B+
tested running 4.0.7, 4.1.5, and several millhouse testbuilds (so either points at something unique in my setup or something further upstream)
/Boot on SDcard
/Storage on USB3 Drive
Shares provided by NFS using mount -o to /storage/media/*
(2014-08-29, 17:04)bagofcrap24 Wrote: OK so I think I have narrowed this artwork bug down as far as I can. wondering if anyone else could possibly try to reproduce.

Useful information.
Can you check if it happens on another xbmc platform (e.g. on a PC?)
(2014-08-29, 17:09)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-08-29, 17:04)bagofcrap24 Wrote: OK so I think I have narrowed this artwork bug down as far as I can. wondering if anyone else could possibly try to reproduce.

Useful information.
Can you check if it happens on another xbmc platform (e.g. on a PC?)

Yes this also happens on Gotham 13.1 Windows 7 X64 so I think that narrows it down to a core bug. or something to do with my shares but i doubt that as the artwork is stored locally on each device. But again I can't honestly believe that I would be the only person to notice this if it affects everyone.

I've been able to reproduce (#0827), and it does seem to be more likely to occur (in fact, it's the only time I've seen it) when the watched flag is being set (ie. stopping a movie after jumping to 10 minutes).

I believe the watched status is updated in the database by a separate thread, I wonder if this is somehow conflicting with the fanart query. I'm using MySQL, you're using SQLite, so at least it's not a db backend-specific issue. A concurrency issue like this may be more likely on low powered devices, so may be more difficult to reproduce on x86.

My guess is that the in-memory cache used to display library details (including fanart) is being corrupted when the conflict occurs, "losing" the fanart, which is why the problem remains until you exit the library and re-enter (which re-loads the cache).
(2014-08-29, 17:33)bagofcrap24 Wrote: Yes this also happens on Gotham 13.1 Windows 7 X64 so I think that narrows it down to a core bug. or something to do with my shares but i doubt that as the artwork is stored locally on each device. But again I can't honestly believe that I would be the only person to notice this if it affects everyone.

Can you make a post with this information in the general xbmc forum where the right devs will see it. Include a debug log from Windows and the information/video you have posted.
I will do.

You are correct milhouse. it is slightly more difficult to reproduce on x86.
on the pi its about 95% it will not reload the artwork.
on my PC its about 50/50
Anyone else experiencing problems with audio passthrough in the latest few builds?

When I play files with AC3 or DTS sound (that until about a week or two ago was successfully passed to my receiver) I now get white noise. Turning off passthrough makes file play as expected.

Here's a sample file: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/23469509/sample.mkv
Here's a debug log from when I try to play that file: http://pastebin.com/cxFP50fZ
(2014-08-29, 18:57)tech242 Wrote: Anyone else experiencing problems with audio passthrough in the latest few builds?

Can you confirm that you are using a newclock3 build and playing with dvdplayer (rather than omxplayer)?

Does disabling "adjust display refresh rate to match video framerate" make any difference?
Can you identify the first build where this problem started occurring?
  • 77(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8