• 25(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
@popcornmix - I've done a quick bisect and it's the three AE commits that are responsible for the audio distortion when using dvdplayer and paplayer:
  • AE: accept planar formats and timestamps at input
  • dvdplayer audio: simplify interface to AE, feed timestamps
  • paplayer: adapt to interface change of AE, feed entire frames into AE
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-05-28, 12:51)MilhouseVH Wrote: @popcornmix - I've done a quick bisect and it's the three AE commits that are responsible for the audio distortion when using dvdplayer and paplayer:
  • AE: accept planar formats and timestamps at input
  • dvdplayer audio: simplify interface to AE, feed timestamps
  • paplayer: adapt to interface change of AE, feed entire frames into AE

Ah yes, the resampling code now gets given planar float samples. I need to add support for that. Dropping:
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...e7e6d2bab7
will fix it.
In addition to the above commit, I also had to drop the following two commits that no longer apply cleanly:

https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...794190497b [PiResample] Work around AE not providing correct src_bits
https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...8c1158af0a [PiSink] Remove unneeded header and use CAEChannelInfo directly

But now at least dvdplayer/paplayer audio is working again. Will wait for a newclock3 rebase before pushing a new build.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0528
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.14.4 #1 PREEMPT Wed May 28 18:59:29 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
May 23 2014 19:17:25
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 21d0de90961749983d49ec4e819a98a8ba4287fc (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC_Helix (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140528185814-r18482-g3181817

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (3181817, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (15a2897, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Includes Python regex package for evaluation purposes. Initial benchmarking indicates generally positive (and in some cases, significant) performance gains. See this post for a description of how to test effectiveness of this package with addons
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.14.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-master-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • ALSA is enabled and any suitable hardware should be available in XBMC Audio Settings
  • FIQ FSM is enabled by default. See initial post for more details.
  • Includes RPi-specific libCEC commits from mk01/libcec. See build #0527 for details.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
Build Highlights:

Fix for FIQ FSM to stop network dropping out. Please report positive/negative results if you were affected by this.
Reduce number of video frames allocated by 2 with dvdplayer and omxcodec (saves 6M of gpu_mem).
Audio distortion causing commits in last build now removed.
  1. OpenELEC:
    • wlan-firmware: update to wlan-firmware-0.0.21
  2. XBMC:
    • ActiveAE: fix endian swap after 1fdccd8, thanks @warped-rudi
    • ActiveAE: fix endian swap 2 after 1fdccd8, thanks @warped-rudi
  3. newclock3:
    • [omxplayer] Avoid hang when closing stream with clock stopped
    • [omxcodec] Reduce GPU memory use by 2 video frames
  4. kernel 3.14.y:
    • mach-bcm2708: account for FIQ latency in timer interrupt setup
    • bcm2708: Ensure 1-wire pullup is disabled by default, and expose as module parameter
    • w1-gpio: Add gpiopin module parameter and correctly free up gpio pull-up pin, if set
    • i2c: Make combined transactions optional and disabled by default
    • V4L2: Fix incorrect pool sizing
    • V4L2: Add option to disable enum_framesizes.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0529

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.14.4 #1 PREEMPT Thu May 29 02:25:30 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
May 23 2014 19:17:25
version 21d0de90961749983d49ec4e819a98a8ba4287fc (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC_Helix (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140529022418-r18484-gd0a7ab5

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (d0a7ab5, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (f6db665, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes Python regex package for evaluation purposes. Initial benchmarking indicates generally positive (and in some cases, significant) performance gains. See this post for a description of how to test effectiveness of this package with addons
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.14.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-master-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • ALSA is enabled and any suitable hardware should be available in XBMC Audio Settings
  • Includes RPi-specific libCEC commits from mk01/libcec. See build #0527 for details.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
Build Highlights:

Added basic usage tracking (see Testing Note #3 in OP).
Fix for multichannel PCM mapping, one of the big Gotham bugs (issue #3217).
  1. OpenELEC:
    • systemd: update to systemd-213
  2. XBMC:
    • ActiveAE: stop processing passthrough packets for paused streams, fixes audio glitch on pause (PR:4801)
  3. newclock3:
    • ActiveAE: do not feed free buffers to stream if cache is full
    • [omxplayer] Fix for mapping of multichannel PCM audio (issue #3217)
In my case it seems that #0528 fixed the problem with fiq FSM. Saw a TV show without freezes. Will make further testing to see if was luck.
(2014-05-29, 04:07)MilhouseVH Wrote: New OpenELEC Helix build: #0529

Can anyone who has had (non-passthrough) multichannel channel mapping problems please test this? It should be fixed.
edit

stupid user mistake Wink
Hey, all. I was having issues with my network remotes constantly dropping connection rather frequently (like more than a few times a minute) I chatted with Milhouse and they advised me to try an updated dev build. It fixed my issue nicely.

ssh to your pi
cd /storage/.update
wget <update file link>
reboot your pi

or

sftp pi
put <local update file> /storage/.update/
quit
reboot

All should be well.

Thanks all for the hard work!
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0531

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.14.4 #1 PREEMPT Sat May 31 01:40:59 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
May 30 2014 22:38:06
version f865e80f2ebc4387cee5174d35b4bc6e293c3a3a (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC_Helix (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140531013943-r18501-g23fc48e

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (23fc48e, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (95ff639, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes PR4811: SysInfo refactoring, startup log update
  • Includes PR4817: [infoscanner] recursive fast hash for enumerating series folders
Build Highlights:

New firmware. Includes candidate PRs PR4811 and PR4817.
  1. Firmware (May 30):
    • firmware: video_decode: Remove the minumum of 7 buffers requirement when extra_buffers=0. Allows memory reduction when video_decode is non-tunnelled
    • firmware: hdmi: Fix for requested mode not getting top score with CEA. See: #280
    • firmware: hdmi: Make VGA, 720p and 1080p be reported as supported in no-EDID case. See: link.
    • firmware: dispmanx: Increase the amount of lbm allowed in online mode. Fix for black screen playing videos in xbmc. See: link
    • firmware: hotplug: Fix for composite not being chosen when hotplug is absent. See: #282
  2. OpenELEC:
    • gnutls: update to gnutls-3.2.15
    • inputproto: update to inputproto-2.3.1
    • scripts/image: fix etc/os-release
    • nettle: add mini-gmp support
    • gmp: remove target build support
    • fontconfig: update to fontconfig-2.11.1
  3. XBMC:
    • videodb: fixes for support of temporarily offline sources during library cleaning (PR:4795)
  4. newclock3:
    • [pi] Fix for logged resolutions
    • [settings] Experiment: Report DESKTOP resolution in video settings
  5. kernel 3.14.y:
    • fiq_fsm: Enable by default
Anyone else seeing horrible framerate drops with CEC with the last few builds?

I have an LG 55LN5310 and when SimpLink (LG's CEC) is turned on in my TV options, the framerate feels like it's in the 5-10fps range (CPU usage is fine). SimpLink off and my PI is smoother than ever. I've tried nuking my .xbmc/resetting the HDMI handshake but there's no difference.

...I don't normally have SimpLink on anyways as CEC hasn't worked since I added a Marantz SR5004 AVR.
Would it be possible to include the following work-around patch? https://github.com/chbmuc/xbmc/commit/6e5822d

It should fix the libcec issue where CEC actions get applied twice quite often with my Panasonic TV since OE 4. It's likely that a work-around for the issue doesn't work in libcec any longer as you can see in the comments of the issue, but I'm getting no response from the libcec dev's, nor from the one who created the work-around in XBMC about mainlining it in the XBMC sources.
At least temporarily including it in your builds would get rid of the quite annoying issue for the time being.
(2014-05-31, 11:10)Forage Wrote: Would it be possible to include the following work-around patch? https://github.com/chbmuc/xbmc/commit/6e5822d

I'll include it in the next build, probably tomorrow. My only concern is that it's not Panasonic specific, and that it may have a negative effect on non-Panasonic users. Hopefully that's not the case, but if it does (or it simply doesn't have the desired effect for you) then it will be pulled.

I'm including these libcec patches because Pulse Eight seem to have dropped off the radar when it comes to maintaining libcec, which is frankly not a good sign.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0601

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.14.5 #1 PREEMPT Sun Jun 1 16:04:58 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
May 31 2014 19:19:28
version 8ccbc02d9f91e4880cde02ebeb35e2c51c25a717 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC_Helix (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140601160029-r18509-g36c45ec

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (36c45ec, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (9fabae2, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes PR4811: SysInfo refactoring, startup log update
  • Includes PR4817: [infoscanner] recursive fast hash for enumerating series folders
Build Highlights:

New 3.14.5 kernel, libcec Panasonic double-key delay fix.
  1. OpenELEC:
    • connman: update to connman-1.23
    • linux: update to linux-3.14.5
    • glib: update to glib-2.40.0
  2. XBMC:
    • AE: fixes and cleanup (PR:4819)
    • Masterclock (PR:4736)
    • [win32] Drop OpenGL support for Win32 (PR:4818)
    • ActiveAE: do not feed free buffers to stream if cache is full (PR:4812)
    • [WIN32] fixed: call the vsvars32.bat from vs2013 (PR:4814)
    • FIX: [droid] handle CTRL meta (PR:4834)
    • FIX: [amlcodec] make FF/RWwork (PR:4780)
    • [Confluence] adjust disclaimer textbox height. Fixes #15268 (PR:4836)
    • FIX: [sets] actually allow to delete sets (PR:4754)
    • Update gitignore for win32 (PR:4788)
    • [win32] removed unused BuildSetup excludes (PR:4820)
    • dvdplayer: keep copy of internal state of dvdplayeraudio
  3. libcec:
    • [cec] suppress double keys within 250ms workaround for Panasonic's cec implementation (link)

(2014-05-31, 11:10)Forage Wrote: Would it be possible to include the following work-around patch? https://github.com/chbmuc/xbmc/commit/6e5822d

@Forage please confirm if the libcec double-key fix in #0601 is working for you or not. I have seen a post on #IRC suggesting the fix made no difference so it will be dropped unless there is positive feedback. Thanks.
(2014-06-01, 17:38)MilhouseVH Wrote: @Forage please confirm if the libcec double-key fix in #0601 is working for you or not. I have seen a post on #IRC suggesting the fix made no difference so it will be dropped unless there is positive feedback. Thanks.
I'm not Forage but can confirm that the fix is working for my Panasonic E30 TV. Thanks Milhouse.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8