• 32(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
(2014-06-16, 07:38)live4ever Wrote: Do/should? these include the newest PVR addons from https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc-pvr-addons? I was hoping to test the 1.9.8 version of NextPVR.

Yep, should be there in the #0615 build - it contains the current xbmc-pvr-addons master 1db308b.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Found the cause of corrupted splash screen it was because of the two overscan settings I had. Once I removed them the splash screen shows correctly.

overscan_left=-7
overscan_right=-2
(2014-06-16, 13:09)denz Wrote: overscan_left=-7
overscan_right=-2

The overscan_* numbers are meant to be positive...
(2014-06-16, 14:01)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-06-16, 13:09)denz Wrote: overscan_left=-7
overscan_right=-2

The overscan_* numbers are meant to be positive...

Really? I had to set mine to:
left 30
right 30
top -13
bottom -14
to eliminate overscan.
(2014-06-16, 15:49)ted209 Wrote:
(2014-06-16, 14:01)popcornmix Wrote: The overscan_* numbers are meant to be positive...

Really? I had to set mine to:
left 30
right 30
top -13
bottom -14
to eliminate overscan.

Okay, they do need to be positive.
By default for CEA (TV) modes they get increased by 32 for SD and by 48 for HD.
By default for DMT (monitor) modes they don't get increased.

You can disable the increase with disable_overscan=1.
So if you want less overscan than default, I'd suggest:
Code:
disable_overscan=1
overscan_left=78
overscan_right 78
overscan_top=35
overscan_bottom=34

which avoids the negative numbers which could cause problems if connected to a DMT moditor.
Good evening. I've dvdplayer as the default player in defaultplayer and defaultdvdplayer. So far so good (some issues sometimes :-) )Now I've installed a LiveTV addon and it only works if I set defaultplayer to omxplayer. Is there a way to make omxplayer the default only for LiveTV?
(2014-06-16, 19:43)anonimo2001 Wrote: Good evening. I've dvdplayer as the default player in defaultplayer and defaultdvdplayer. So far so good (some issues sometimes :-) )Now I've installed a LiveTV addon and it only works if I set defaultplayer to omxplayer. Is there a way to make omxplayer the default only for LiveTV?

Why does it not work with dvdplayer? (debug enabled log may help).
(2014-06-16, 16:07)popcornmix Wrote: You can disable the increase with disable_overscan=1.
So if you want less overscan than default, I'd suggest:
Code:
disable_overscan=1
overscan_left=78
overscan_right 78
overscan_top=35
overscan_bottom=34

Thanks for the tip, it works fine, although the correct numbers for my TV are:
Code:
disable_overscan=1
overscan_left=62
overscan_right=62
overscan_top=19
overscan_bottom=18
EDIT: perhaps they are different because my TV is 720p not 1080p/
@popcornmix: I don't know... I get sound but not video, and if the Rasp is able to get any images it's just this, a frozen image. I'll enable debug and post.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0616
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.15.0 #1 PREEMPT Mon Jun 16 21:21:22 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jun 16 2014 15:12:06
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version eaa18a63b1b5d01e7a481da89498912feafe7bcf (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC_Helix (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140616212007-r18610-g27d4fac

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (27d4fac, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (3c557ed, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Includes Python regex package for evaluation purposes. Initial benchmarking indicates generally positive (and in some cases, significant) performance gains. See this post for a description of how to test effectiveness of this package with addons
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.15.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-master-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • ALSA is enabled and any suitable hardware should be available in XBMC Audio Settings
  • FIQ FSM is enabled by default. See initial post for more details.
  • Includes RPi-specific libCEC commits from mk01/libcec. See build #0527 for details. Also double-key suppression.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes libnfs master with directory caching support
  • Includes PR4921: dvdplayer: only set audio and subtitle indax on user action
Build Highlights:

New firmware with improved 1080i deinterlace.
Drops PR4919, reintroduces PR3717.
Inlcudes PR4921, fixing dvdplayer subtitle selection.
Enables virtual suspend. In Settings -> Power Saving, set the Shutdown function to Suspend, and specify your idle period (5/10/15 minutes etc.). The suspend functionality may break CEC (particularly when resuming), please report any problems.
popcornmix Wrote:I've had another go at the "virtual suspend" patchset using the "vcgencmd display_power" rather than tvservice.
Hopefully there is less to go wrong now (although the patch set it on probation and will be removed if it caused too much grief).

I'm still a little unsure about CEC behaviour.

Initially xbmc code kills the CEC thread when suspending, so there is no way to unsuspend through CEC.
An alternative is to do nothing. Now a CEC remote press wakes the Pi up. However the TV I'm using doesn't suspend (at least not immediately).
An alternative is to do the normal stuff but not kill CEC thread. This sends an inactive source to TV so it switches off. To get it back on is awkward. I power on TV, then need to choose CEC device, then Pi comes on.

Currently newclock3 does the third option. Although I may switch to second option at some point.

1. Firmware (Jun 16):
    • firmware: deinterlace: Improve 1080i deinterlace. Also deinterlaces chroma. Bilinear interpolate duplicated pixels
  2. newclock3:
    • sqlite: Bump to 3080500
    • [experimental] Disable quiet-noise generation
    • [omxcodec] Adjust asserts
    • Added some vc_tv_* functions that were missing in DllBCM.
    • Added private utility function to map a float display aspect, to the respective SDTV_ASPECT_* enum value.
    • Changed SDTV resolutions to be treated similarly to HDMI resolutions in SetNativeResolution. This means that the SDTV interface is powered up and set to the right mode.
    • Added methods SuspendVideoOutput() and ResumeVideoOutput() to CRBP class, which can be used to power down the Raspberry PI's video interface, and restore it at a later point.
    • PowerManager (and its IPowerSyscall instance) now gets called from CApplication::OnKey() and can process and suppress key presses. This is a requirement to implement a virtual sleep state.
    • Added CPowerSyscallVirtualSleep class, which acts as a base class for devices that have no native standby mode, and need to fake it in some way.
    • Added power management support for the Raspberry Pi. Since it doesn't support true standby, we fake it by turning video on or off, and ignoring remote inputs during the standby phase.
    • [power] hack - don't kill lirc or cec
    • [power] hack - wake on any action
    • [power] hack - Make suspend toggle suspend state
    • [power] Add back in powerdown and reboot
  3. Custom
    • dvdplayer: only set audio and subtitle indax on user action (PR4921)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-06-16, 23:48)MilhouseVH Wrote: [*]firmware: deinterlace: Improve 1080i deinterlace. Also deinterlaces chroma. Bilinear interpolate duplicated pixels

Can any live TV users who play 1080i video check whether anything is broken with deinterlace, and whether you can see any difference compared to previous version.
(2014-06-16, 07:18)gogu Wrote: OpenELEC Helix build: # 0615

button next

With that release some enable/disable options in addons settings related with !eq option also didn't work well.

For example a integration option enabled if username and password are inserted. The button wasn't enabled with the input of both fields.

I thought it was a addon problem, and it was a release problem.
With today's release its fixed.
Hi,

I'm having exactly the same issue with dvdplayer. On my second RPI with OMXplayer everything is working without any problems.

SDTV is working
HDTV most of the channels (Astra -> ZDF HD) will have sound but no picture. Some other channels are working (e.g. Astra -> 3sat HD)

I'm going to post a debug log later on.

(2014-06-16, 21:46)anonimo2001 Wrote: @popcornmix: I don't know... I get sound but not video, and if the Rasp is able to get any images it's just this, a frozen image. I'll enable debug and post.
(2014-06-17, 09:14)tija Wrote: HDTV most of the channels (Astra -> ZDF HD) will have sound but no picture. Some other channels are working (e.g. Astra -> 3sat HD)

dvdplayer uses more gpu memory than omxplayer. HD streams will likely need an increased gpu_mem setting.
Try with gpu_mem=256 (assuming you have a 512M Pi).
Hello,

I've updated to the above version (20140616....) and have a problem with the 'default' alsa device.

Code:
OpenELEC:~/.config # aplay -l
aplay: device_list:268: no soundcards found..

OpenELEC:~/.config # lsmod | grep snd
snd_soc_bcm2708_i2s     5298  0
snd_soc_pcm512x         7406  0
snd_soc_wm8804          6940  0
regmap_spi              1457  2 snd_soc_pcm512x,snd_soc_wm8804
regmap_i2c              1161  2 snd_soc_pcm512x,snd_soc_wm8804
regmap_mmio             2077  1 snd_soc_bcm2708_i2s
snd_soc_core          100030  3 snd_soc_pcm512x,snd_soc_wm8804,snd_soc_bcm2708_i2s
snd_compress            7056  1 snd_soc_core
snd_pcm_dmaengine       2927  1 snd_soc_core
snd_pcm                62688  2 snd_soc_core,snd_pcm_dmaengine
snd_timer              17736  1 snd_pcm
snd                    41317  4 snd_soc_core,snd_timer,snd_pcm,snd_compress
OpenELEC:~/.config # dmesg | grep error
[    9.256944] pcm512x: probe of 1-004c failed with error -5

Could someone confirm this problem, too?
How could I solve this issue?

Regards YggdrasiI

Edit: Oh, I've found the solution. One module was not loading per default. I added
'modprobe snd_bcm2835' to the startup script.
Edit2: Moreover for analog output via alsa, I has to call 'amixer cset numid=3 1' to enable the analog output.
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8