• 45(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
(2014-07-03, 18:23)Mafarricos Wrote: 1) How does he wakes the Rpi? Via HDMI-CEC or a wireless keyboard, or mouse? I think the dims can break the CEC, so you can only wake up with a physical device.
2) and 3) Did you already tried to disable fiq_fsm, probably can be that, check the additional notes on first post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1682865

Thanks Mafarricos,

My brother is actually using an old TV via composite and just wakes with the remote. I'm using CEC with my Plasma though and I noticed the other day that mine was frozen (had it set to black rather than dim) and couldn't be woken, so had to power-cycle it. I'll get him to disable the dim if that's broken at the moment, it's been working OK until recently though.

I'll also try disable fiq_fsm for him to see if that fixes his problem.
(2014-07-08, 18:36)doba Wrote: I previously used the official Openelec-Rpi.arm 3.2.4 with a lot of problems
regarding tvheadend connection and video stability in live tv with dvb-t stick.

I have installed OpenELEC_Helix-RPi.arm-Milhouse-20140707052047-r18679-ge78d9de.

Congratulations I am very satisfied :I have great stability improvements ,the only thing that does't work :

Configuration in System/Settings/Live TV/Playback/: "Continue last channel on start up" :Yes

When I restart OPenELEC, live tv don't restart automaticaly live tv with last channel.
(this worked with Openelec-Rpi.arm 3.2.4)
I need to restart manualy live Tv and select the tv channel.

Is it normal ?

Please can you give me a solution to retrieve this functionnality? (script?)

Unfortunately I've got no experience of Live TV so hard to say if it's "normal".

What I would suggest is to test with OpenELEC 4.0.6 (Gotham) and see what happens there. If LiveTV works in Gotham then it's possible a newclock3 fix has caused a problem (though more likely it's a change in Helix).

However if it also doesn't work in OpenELEC Gotham, then you may need to take it up with the OpenELEC developers, but if you can also reproduce in a non-OpenELEC Gotham build, then open an issue with the XBMC developers direct.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks a lot for your prompt response.I will follow your suggestions.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0710
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.15.5 #1 PREEMPT Thu Jul 10 04:20:06 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jul  5 2014 19:03:42
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version cb433d55f9f5b29b59968019e3b54802894af489 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC_Helix (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140710042431-r18700-g9530195

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (9530195, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (af67986, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.15.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-master-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • ALSA is enabled and any suitable hardware should be available in XBMC Audio Settings
  • FIQ FSM is enabled by default. See initial post for more details.
  • Includes RPi-specific libCEC commits from mk01/libcec. See build #0527 for details. Also double-key suppression.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes libnfs master 1.9.4 with directory caching and file read-ahead support
  • Enable zram with LZ4 compression as a kernel module. See guide. See post #605 for config patch.
Build Highlights:

New kernel 3.15.5 (slightly in advance of upstream). BCM2708_DT is not enabled in linux.arm.conf.

<cachemembuffersize> is set to 0 in the system-wide advancedsettings.xml. A value of zero will result in <cachemembuffersize> defaulting to 20MB when 256MB or more ARM memory is available, and to only 2MB when less than 256MB ARM memory is available. If you have specified an alternative non-zero value for <cachemembuffersize> in your own advancedsettings.xml, your own value will be used instead.

1. OpenELEC:
    • tvheadend: update to tvheadend-3.9.1050
    • ffmpeg: change to official release
    • connman: allow user editable main.conf (PR:3189, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Update libhdhomerun to 20140604 (PR:3361, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Mesa: update to Mesa-10.2.3
    • fontsproto: update to fontsproto-2.1.3
    • libXfont: update to libXfont-1.4.99.901
    • xtrans: update to xtrans-1.3.4
    • pixman: update to pixman-0.32.6
    • new package: add package 'libevdev'
    • projects/*/options: cleanup COREBOOT leftover
    • service.openelec.settings: update to 0.3.19/0.4.2
  2. XBMC:
    • fixed: quell warning
    • fixed: undefined behavior in karaokelyricstextkar
    • [tests] fixed URIUtils tests
    • [pvr] adjust labels and refactoring for setting 'pvrplayback.startlast' (PR:4969, 4 commits, 5 files changed)
    • [cleanup] followup to f86b9d2884 (PR:4988, 1 commit, 10 files changed)
    • [videodb] fix seasons update query for mysql (PR:4985, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • [appmessenger] fix playfile regression introduced by f86b9d2 (PR:4993, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. newclock3:
    • ffmpeg: Add armv6 acceleration for imdct/fft used by ac3/aac
    • [omxcodec] Fix 3D rendering for dvdplayer
    • [rbp] Make cachemembuffersize default depend on memory size
    • [rbp] Make gui limit default to 720 when memory is limited
  4. kernel 3.15.y:
    • spi-bcm2708: Prepare for Common Clock Framework migration
    • BCM2708: Migrate to the Common Clock Framework
    • BCM2708: remove 'bcm2708_usb' clkdev
    • config: Add CONFIG_DEVPTS_MULTIPLE_INSTANCES
    • bcm2708: Avoid hang when timer_set_next_event is called with MAX_INT
    • armctrl: Don't mask interrupts from ack
    • BCM2708: Add core Device Tree support
    • BCM2708: armctrl: Add IRQ Device Tree support
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-07-10, 07:48)MilhouseVH Wrote: <cachemembuffersize> is set to 0 in the system-wide advancedsettings.xml. A value of zero will result in <cachemembuffersize> defaulting to 20MB when 256MB or more ARM memory is available, and to only 2MB when less than 256MB ARM memory is available. If you have specified an alternative non-zero value for <cachemembuffersize> in your own advancedsettings.xml, your own value will be used instead.

So the old cachemembuffersize 0 value, which buffers to the local disk has been deprecated?
(2014-07-10, 08:59)Dimitriss Wrote: So the old cachemembuffersize 0 value, which buffers to the local disk has been deprecated?

That's a valid point... perhaps zero isn't an appropriate value with which to trigger this new behaviour.

My guess, though, is that 0 has been chosen as it's unlikely anyone with a Raspberry Pi would specify zero, given that caching to "local disk memory" (ie. SD, USB etc.) is going to be pretty slow.

Maybe I'm wrong though, and people are indeed caching to disk.
(2014-07-10, 09:12)MilhouseVH Wrote:
(2014-07-10, 08:59)Dimitriss Wrote: So the old cachemembuffersize 0 value, which buffers to the local disk has been deprecated?

That's a valid point... perhaps zero isn't an appropriate value with which to trigger this new behaviour.

My guess, though, is that 0 has been chosen as it's unlikely anyone with a Raspberry Pi would specify zero, given that caching to "local disk memory" (ie. SD, USB etc.) is going to be pretty slow.

Maybe I'm wrong though, and people are indeed caching to disk.

It helps a lot when you are streaming stuff from sites like movreel, hugefiles etc
Well if testing goes well I suppose you could change the value to something different, or maybe introduce a new property.
(2014-07-10, 09:12)MilhouseVH Wrote: That's a valid point... perhaps zero isn't an appropriate value with which to trigger this new behaviour.

Yes, I'd overlooked that. I'll see if I can distinguish unset from 0.
If not, perhaps the new behaviour should be triggered by -1.
My report:

your build works very fine.

I have only some trouble with:

1 - Big Buck Bunny movie: it plays fine via Nfs with omxplayer, not with dvdplayer.

2 - New addon context menu launcher in Gotham 14.
Details can be found here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=199390
But i think the problem is mine... I don't know.

Many thanks for your really good job.

Regards
How do I update TVheadend? There does not appear to be an update available (system->addons->sesvices->tvheadend)?
Thanks
(2014-07-10, 14:12)Hip-Gnosis Wrote: How do I update TVheadend? There does not appear to be an update available (system->addons->sesvices->tvheadend)?
Thanks

I can only repeat what I said previously.
(2014-07-10, 14:12)Hip-Gnosis Wrote: How do I update TVheadend? There does not appear to be an update available (system->addons->sesvices->tvheadend)?
Thanks

I've tried building tvheadend 3.9.1050, and uploaded it here (3MB zip). I don't understand the naming convention being used let alone what tvheadend does, so needless to say this package is completely untested. I may periodically upload a new package from time to time, will see how it goes.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0711
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.15.5 #1 PREEMPT Fri Jul 11 19:19:41 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Jul  5 2014 19:03:42
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version cb433d55f9f5b29b59968019e3b54802894af489 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC_Helix (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140711191828-r18703-g12fda0e

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (12fda0e, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (e4e1561, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.15.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-master-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • ALSA is enabled and any suitable hardware should be available in XBMC Audio Settings
  • FIQ FSM is enabled by default. See initial post for more details.
  • Includes RPi-specific libCEC commits from mk01/libcec. See build #0527 for details. Also double-key suppression.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes libnfs master 1.9.4 with directory caching and file read-ahead support
  • Enable zram with LZ4 compression as a kernel module. See guide. See post #605 for config patch.
Build Highlights:

WARNING: New videodb schema version (86 -> 87)
Updated <cachemembuffersize> behaviour - not present (system default) or -1 will result in automatic 2MB (256) or 20MB (512) selection. Check xbmc.log for confirmation.
Optimisation for AAC decode, may also help other formats.
OpenGL texture/font optimisation (PR4884) - is there a difference in performance?
  1. OpenELEC:
    • linux: update to linux-3.15.5
    • tbs drivers: update to 140707
    • Merge pull request #3364 from CvH/patch-1
  2. XBMC:
    • [tagloader] read popm ratings from banshee (closes #15333) (PR:4995, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [omxplayer] Make use of audio decode fast paths when downmixing (PR:4933, 2 commits, 6 files changed)
    • fixed: show icon for addons installed from zip (PR:4998, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [linux] only query OnLowBattery property query if needed (PR:4996, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Optimize ttf font atlas for Open GL (PR:4884, 2 commits, 4 files changed)
    • Fix unsupported features on paplayer (PR:4749, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Audio encoders via binary addons (PR:4830, 12 commits, 88 files changed)
    • [videodb] clear out art from tvshow/seasons that were combined (PR:4999, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [videodb] we can't use REPLACE INTO when updating values during UpdateTables (PR:5002, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [pvr] add ability to delete a whole recordings folder (PR:4776, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
  3. newclock3:
    • add a callback class for unrarlib rather than calling into guilib direct from UnrarXLib
    • armv6: Acceleration for vector_fmul_window and butterflies_float used in AAC
In the future, it is possible to watch hevc movies with the Pi?
very unlikely.

@MilhouseVH @popcornmix
I tried to watch some LiveTV the other day with 0711 and also had a horrible async with enabled deinterlacer. Do you need further logs/samples to work on this issue?
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8