• 56(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0801b
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.15.8 #1 PREEMPT Fri Aug 1 21:08:51 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug  1 2014 18:05:07
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 158db03216ab9f49243655d4d325da3264567104 (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140801211312-r18866-g8d6818e

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (8d6818e, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (dc75ad6, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.15.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest libnfs master
  • Includes latest libcec master
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression.
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps
  • Includes PR4990: Allow larger font size
Build Highlights:
  1. Introducing Kodi (14.0 alpha3)
  2. 3.15.8 kernel now merged upstream
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • linux: update to linux-3.15.8 (PR:3389, 1 commit, 35 files changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • X11: remove dead code (PR:5050, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • [namechange] Add Kodi splash and start log message with "Kodi"
    • [release] bump to 14.0 alpha3
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
I've uploaded an experimental build based on newclock4 patches, as detailed here and with additional clarification, here.

Download link: #801c.

This build is exactly the same as #801b, but with all the newclock3 patches replaced by newclock4 patches. Please read the aforementioned links before using.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
tested #801b and #801c

#801b

- still have issue with channel as per post 789 http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1760335

#801c

using omxplayer (omx-h264)

- everything works but cannot modify aspect ratio i.e. cannot get picture to fill screen (two black bars on sides)
- mute does not work (using analogue audio tv has only a dvi input)
- channel in post 789 works fine Smile

using dvdplayer with hardware acceleration (mmal-h264)

- i get no sound. My tv has a dvi input so analogue sound only - had same behavior when tested dvdplayer in newclock 3 a while ago.
- pvr channel changes are slower than with omxplayer
- channel in post 789 works fine
(2014-08-01, 23:38)Milhouse Wrote: I've uploaded an experimental build based on newclock4 patches

The GUI rendering is fantastic!!
(2014-08-02, 06:53)terranow Wrote: tested #801b and #801c

#801b

- still have issue with channel as per post 789 http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1760335

#801c

using omxplayer (omx-h264)

- everything works but cannot modify aspect ratio i.e. cannot get picture to fill screen (two black bars on sides)
- mute does not work (using analogue audio tv has only a dvi input)
- channel in post 789 works fine Smile

using dvdplayer with hardware acceleration (mmal-h264)

- i get no sound. My tv has a dvi input so analogue sound only - had same behavior when tested dvdplayer in newclock 3 a while ago.
- pvr channel changes are slower than with omxplayer
- channel in post 789 works fine
Same findings.
In TV when watching a channel in frame (all channels) the picture is not aligned (shifted left)
(2014-08-02, 11:53)slack3r Wrote: The GUI rendering is fantastic!!

Could you explain exactly what you are seeing?
Are you saying the gui is fast?
Are you talking about when playing video or generally?
(2014-08-02, 12:12)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-08-02, 11:53)slack3r Wrote: The GUI rendering is fantastic!!
Could you explain exactly what you are seeing?
In English? ^^

Quote:Are you saying the gui is fast?
Yes, fast and smooth.

Quote:Are you talking about when playing video or generally?
Edit:
In both cases, especially in the second.
@slack3r: You'll be glad to know the IP address dialog problem will be fixed in the next build.

The start-of-month XBMC merge window has opened and there has been a flood of new commits already so far today. I'll try and publish one new newclock3-based build a day (late evening) which should help narrow down the new commit in the event of any breakage.
(2014-08-02, 13:06)Milhouse Wrote: @slack3r: You'll be glad to know the IP address dialog problem will be fixed in the next build.

The start-of-month XBMC merge window has opened and there has been a flood of new commits already so far today. I'll try and publish one new newclock3-based build a day (late evening) which should help narrow down the new commit in the event of any breakage.

Uhau.... thank you so much!!
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0802
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.15.8 #1 PREEMPT Sat Aug 2 20:48:46 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug  1 2014 18:05:07
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 158db03216ab9f49243655d4d325da3264567104 (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140802204731-r18874-gfdb6b39

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (fdb6b39, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (6f26fca, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.15.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest libnfs master
  • Includes latest libcec master
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression.
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps
  • Includes PR4990: Allow larger font size
Build Highlights:
  1. newclock3-based build
  2. Updated libnfs master
  3. Fix for IP Address dialog
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • gdb: update to gdb-7.8
    • binutils: remove unused cloog and ppl support for now
    • gcc: remove unused cloog and ppl support for now
    • remove package 'ppl'
    • remove package 'cloog'
  2. XBMC:
    • CStdString removal from the PVR section. (PR:5080, 13 commits, 44 files changed)
    • FIX: [droid] crash if an app is favourited, then uninstalled from system (PR:5095, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • JSON-RPC: support starting a slideshow playlist at a specific position through Player.Open (PR:5123, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • FIX: Upstream Annex-B bitstream conversion fix for some BD mkv iso rips (PR:5042, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • ffmpeg: adapt depreciated attribute max_analyze_duration (PR:5100, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • SWCodec: Add VP9 as pure sw codec to use multithreading (PR:5107, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [python] Monitor: add onCleanStarted/onCleanFinished callbacks. (PR:4877, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • Improved musicbrainz matching from tags (PR:5015, 2 commits, 5 files changed)
    • [contextmenu] don't show duplicate context menu items (PR:5064, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [strings] move the 'Component-specific logging...' string out of reserved range (PR:5018, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • cleanup: Duplicate libogg-dev (PR:5128, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [rbp] Reduce GPU memory use when limited (PR:5093, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [omx] Avoid hang following jpegs that failed to decode (PR:5090, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [addons] cleanup the service add-on pre/post install code (PR:5022, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • JSON-RPC: add possibility to specify the player to be used (PR:5122, 6 commits, 8 files changed)
    • Pushed subtitle offset default from +-10s to +-60s (PR:4929, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • fix: compile warnings on order of initialisation
    • [numericdialog] no need to have an ip address to pop the dialog up
    • fix: network source setup would reset port when editing a source. fixes #15366
Milhouse Wrote:[...]
[numericdialog] no need to have an ip address to pop the dialog up
Is this fix included in the experimental #801c build?

Thanks again.
No, only #0802 onwards. When I upload another experimental build based on newclock4 patches (maybe tomorrow) it will be included there.
(2014-08-02, 12:08)Shanyel Wrote: In TV when watching a channel in frame (all channels) the picture is not aligned (shifted left)

I assume this is live TV with omxplayer acceleration enabled? I've pushed a fix for this (should be in next build).
If you disable omxplayer acceleration you shouldn't have this bug.
(2014-08-03, 17:44)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-08-02, 12:08)Shanyel Wrote: In TV when watching a channel in frame (all channels) the picture is not aligned (shifted left)

I assume this is live TV with omxplayer acceleration enabled? I've pushed a fix for this (should be in next build).
Yes indeed it is enabled
Thanks
(2014-08-03, 17:44)popcornmix Wrote:

Great could you also look at analogue audio as my tv only has dvi. Newclock 4 fixes some pvr channels which do not start with newclock 3 so it would be great if i could use it.
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8