• 59(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
sure, will try Android and report back. I thought it might just be a rounding thingy from some OMX related processing.

edit: confirmed to be an GL ES thingy. At first I tried a radio station from the "radio.de" addon which looked fine, but after that I played a MP3 from my library and streamed a song from googleMusic and for both the waveform has gone completely insane. What I didn't check if it's related to replay gain adjustments which default to album level 89db.
a quick question, are helix builds any better than gotham ones in terms of GUI and general performance (speed and responsiveness) ?
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0805
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.15.8 #1 PREEMPT Tue Aug 5 20:52:48 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug  1 2014 18:05:07
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 158db03216ab9f49243655d4d325da3264567104 (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140805203916-r18920-g0a56d73

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (0a56d73, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (3a6a23d, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.15.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest libnfs master
  • Includes latest libcec master
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression.
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps
  • Includes PR4990: Allow larger font size
Build Highlights:
  1. newclock3-based build
  2. Updated videodb schema (88 -> 89)
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • remove package: makedepend
    • config/options: cleanup
    • scripts/image: clean up debug
    • util-linux clean up old udev.d
    • buildsys: autoreconf once
    • glib: disable libelf
    • xbmc: remove unused fonts
    • yajl: update to yajl-2.1.0
    • ntfs-3g_ntfsprogs: dont install lowntfs-3g
    • xbmc: clean up nonexistent addons
    • util-linux:init: build static
    • v86d: dont install 'gcc:init'
    • plymouth-lite: dont install 'gcc:init'
    • gcc: remove 'gcc:init' target
  2. XBMC:
    • [cosmetics] removed unused variables and code (PR:5021, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • UPnP: improved metadata (PR:5144, 6 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [pvr] fix open search dialog in search window (PR:5155, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [testsuite] - Remove unnecessary inclusion of filesystem/NFSFile.h (PR:5153, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • videodb: use triggers to delete items from link tables (PR:5145, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • binary addons: add platforms.txt to be able to control on which platforms an addon can be built (PR:5125, 4 commits, 13 files changed)
    • [rbp] Make gui limit default to 720 when memory is limited (PR:5094, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • [POSIX] fix mount regexp on FreeBSD (PR:5159, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [testsuite] - only compile the nfs test if configured with nfs support - fixes #15356
  3. newclock3:
    • [airplay] Fix for airplay init race condition
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Experimental newclock4 build uploaded: #0805b

Same as build #0805, but with newclock4 patches in place of newclock3. See here for details.

newclock4 additions since previous build #0803b:
  • [airplay] Fix for airplay init race condition
  • [rbp] Hardware accelerated resampling
  • [rbp/omxplayer] When opening a stream don't try to update gui so often
  • [ffmpeg] Speed up wtv index creation
  • ffmpeg: Add armv6 acceleration for imdct/fft used by ac3/aac
  • adds GetTvShowSeasons
  • move AddSeason() public.
  • adds GetArt function to (video) scraper, allowing art to be fetched given the video identifier.
  • refresh season art if a new season is found that isn't recorded in the database yet. Fixes #14339
  • REMOVEME: updated thetvdb.com scraper to support art updates
  • [rbp] Allow ALSA to be chosen in addition to Pi sink
  • [hifiberry] Hack: force it to be recognised as IEC958 capable to enable passthrough options
  • Move the reference-counting of Begin and End calls from DX and GL source files into GUIFontTTF.cpp.
  • Convert CGUIFontTTFBase::m_vertex to be managed as a std::vector.
  • CGUIFontTTFBase::RenderCharacter can now append to arbitrary vectors of vertices rather than only CGUIFontTTFBase::m_vertex
  • Add a cache of font glyph bounding box vertices.
  • Lay the groundwork for hardware clipping.
  • Increase font cache hit rate by keying on the fractional part of m_originX and m_originY *after* they have been through the graphics context's transformation
  • Rewrite of scrolling text code.
  • Move the application of the translation offsets into the GLES code.
  • Rather than applying the translation offsets to the vertices, now applies them to the model view matrix from the top of the matrix stack and pushes it over to
  • Enable hardware clipping.
  • Move the vertex data across to a vertex buffer object just prior to drawing.
  • Move vertex data into an OpenGL VBO when the font cache entry is populated.
  • Switch from glDrawArrays() to glDrawElements().
  • Improved file buffering in CArchive
  • ffmpeg demuxer: Fix seg fault when changing channels
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-08-04, 12:14)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-08-04, 05:44)terranow Wrote: with latest 803b build omx player is fine (including sound), but no gui sounds and no sound in dvdplayer. (don't have gui sounds on 803 build newclock3 either)

What was the last build with gui sounds? Does stable Openelec 4.0.7 have working gui sounds?
Have you tried a clean install? A debug log file may have some clues.

Apologies but i only had time to test now. Actually i have audio with dvdplayer and gui sounds they are just much much lower than omx player that is why i thought there was now sound. Is there a way to may sound levels equal across?
(2014-08-05, 23:53)Milhouse Wrote: Experimental newclock4 build uploaded: #0805b

I'm testing, thank you.

P.s.
There is no boot splash image: it's normal?
Hello,

sorry for my stupid offtopic short question.
Did you do touchscreen driver in this testbuilds?

I play with my mind to buy a touchscreen. :-)
(2014-08-06, 05:42)terranow Wrote: Apologies but i only had time to test now. Actually i have audio with dvdplayer and gui sounds they are just much much lower than omx player that is why i thought there was now sound. Is there a way to may sound levels equal across?

They sound the same volume to me.
Make sure volume is set to maximum, amplification (through OSD/audio page) is set to 0 and you have no advancedsettings relating to audio gain).
(2014-08-06, 09:37)slack3r Wrote: P.s.
There is no boot splash image: it's normal?

Not normal, but yes it is broken in the #0805/#0805b builds - most likely the plymouth-lite change (and possibly others) have broken the OpenELEC splash, these commits have already been reverted and the splash will be working again in the next build.

(2014-08-06, 11:29)Heiko123 Wrote: Hello,

sorry for my stupid offtopic short question.
Did you do touchscreen driver in this testbuilds?

I play with my mind to buy a touchscreen. :-)

No, there is no touchscreen driver in this build unless it is already supported upstream in OpenELEC - ask the OpenELEC developers if you want a specific driver added.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0806

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.15.8 #1 PREEMPT Wed Aug 6 20:49:29 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug  6 2014 17:51:37
version 3da89bd3cdef7980b684f48fe60944aff4502f50 (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140806204614-r18927-g2ac517e

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (2ac517e, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (1e31431, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.15.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes PR4990: Allow larger font size
Build Highlights:
  1. newclock3-based build.
  2. New firmware (mainly camera-related updates).
  3. OpenELEC splash screen now working again.
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Aug 6):
    • firmware: vmcs_host: Fix missing install of libvcilcs.so. See: link
    • firmware:
      Add burst mode to raspistill/raspiyuv and settings and long exposure to raspivid.
      Set burst mode before first capture and force dynamic frame rate to fulfil shutter speed requirement.
      MMAL: Correct parameter names for denoise control.
      H264 encode: Sort inline headers for VBR.
      Implements vc_image_fill for VC_IMAGE_YUV_UV images.
      Add vc_image_atext support for YUV_UV images. ncrease memory reservation for annotate stage.
      Add annotate stage to Raspberry Pi Full variant. Allow config.
      Add control of the annotate stage to the debug tuner.
      Add YUV_UV support to Camplus annotate stage.
      Add AF metadata before postproc stage,Refactor annotate plots.
      Add lens position plot to annotate state.Add frame no. Tidy up code a bit.
      MJPEG: Rework so that it can have a 4MB output FIFO.
      OV5647: Tidy up unused tuning data.
      AGC: If gain/threshold are 0, initialise them.
      Pull latest vcos_msgqueue from vc4/DEV.
      OV5647: Fix for incorrectly selecting 0.16-1fps mode.
      See: link
  2. OpenELEC:
    • dvb-firmware: update to dvb-firmware-0.0.43
    • systemd: add /storage/.config to tmpfiles.d
    • Revert "gcc: remove 'gcc:init' target"
    • Revert "plymouth-lite: dont install 'gcc:init'"
    • Revert "v86d: dont install 'gcc:init'"
    • vdr-dummydevice: change pkg url. TODO remove this plugin
  3. XBMC:
    • StringUtils::FormatV: optimize, use exact size on Win32 instead of doubling (PR:5041, 2 commits, 1 file changed)
    • [pvr] fix open add timer dialog in timer window (PR:5156, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • Cleanup some includes (PR:3880, 2 commits, 12 files changed)
    • binary addons: allow downloading addons as source packages instead of git repositories (PR:5160, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [pvr] adds 'Find similar' button to guide info dialog (PR:5112, 3 commits, 6 files changed)
    • StringUtils: add compiler parameters checking for Format()/FormatV() (PR:5096, 2 commits, 5 files changed)
  4. kernel 3.15.y:
    • bcm2708_fb : Implement the FBIOBLANK ioctl using the mailbox property interface
Noticing an issue with the most recent builds (since the video db was upgraded to 89 I believe). After watching a tv show I'll general delete it from my server and then clean the library. Well the episode is being cleared from the library but the tv show is not. Don't know if it's related to these test builds or something else. To ensure there wasn't anything wrong with the db it self I did drop 89 rebooted and the issue remains.
(2014-08-06, 23:06)SenorLoco Wrote: Noticing an issue with the most recent builds (since the video db was upgraded to 89 I believe). After watching a tv show I'll general delete it from my server and then clean the library. Well the episode is being cleared from the library but the tv show is not. Don't know if it's related to these test builds or something else. To ensure there wasn't anything wrong with the db it self I did drop 89 rebooted and the issue remains.

I just tried this with #0806 (v89 db) and it seems to work as expected - when the last episode for a tvshow is deleted from the filesystem, the subsequent library clean removes the episode (as expected) and then also the tvshow:
Code:
$ ./texturecache.py vclean
Cleaning library...
Cleaning Library: episodeid 12177
Cleaning Library: tvshowid    223

I was in the tvshow library when the clean completed and the just deleted tvshow was still listed, however exiting from the tvshow library and then re-entering listed the tvshows correctly without the recently deleted tvshow. Querying the media library with texturecache.py also confirmed the tvshow had been removed.
Interesting...thanks for trying it out..I'll have to try it again tomorrow. I did downgrade to #0804 and things went back to normal for me but I'll give it another go tomorrow. Thanks
@popcornmix / Milhouse
On latest build of newclock4 when fast forwarding a movie (any kind) the audio and video become not synced and you've to stop and resume the movie to sync them back.
this doesnt happen on newclock3 latest build.
In both I'm using OMX with HW acc. enabled.
I think (don't recall) that with OMX HW acc. disabled it was OK on newclock4

I can post a log if needed latest this afternoon when back
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0807

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.16.0 #1 PREEMPT Thu Aug 7 21:03:04 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug  6 2014 17:51:37
version 3da89bd3cdef7980b684f48fe60944aff4502f50 (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140807210146-r18930-g401188d

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (401188d, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (abffcd1, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.16.y
Build Highlights:
  1. newclock3-based build
  2. New 3.16.0 kernel
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • projects/RPi: switch to kernel 3.16
    • linux: remove kernel 3.15 support
    • libressl: update to libressl-2.0.4
  2. XBMC:
    • ADD: [mouse] support long click + full click/double/long support for 5 buttons (PR:5121, 2 commits, 7 files changed)
    • [osx] - for osx shortcuts look at the unicode character instead of the k... (PR:5150, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Improvements in Android building process (PR:5109, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • Allow larger font size (PR:4990, 3 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [RFC] Subtitle cycle (PR:5163, 1 commit, 4 files changed)
    • VOLUME_MINIMUM and VOLUME_MAXIMUM cleanup (PR:5063, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • Addon callbacks for special-case stuff (PR:5023, 6 commits, 13 files changed)
    • [pvr] fix wrong usage of SortsOnTop() which does not set the special sorting (PR:5172, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • [confluence] r.i.p. XBMC and move on. (PR:5168, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • ScraperParser::Clean: use "UTF-8" instead of GetSearchStringEncoding() (PR:5147, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • fix CPlayerSelectionRule::CompileRegExp() after 8feb4defe8bbefb7393b925e3f2d6c0c40eef78f
    • SortUtils: fix bad format (thanks notspiff)
  3. newclock3:
    • [omx] Fix segfault when reencoding noisy jpegs
  4. kernel 3.16.y:
    • Configure GPIOs for I2S based on revision/card settings
    • usb: core: make overcurrent messages more prominent
    • vcsm: VideoCore shared memory service for BCM2835
    • Revert "ARM: dma: Use dma_pfn_offset for dma address translation"
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8