• 72(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0821
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.16.1 #1 PREEMPT Thu Aug 21 20:47:14 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug 20 2014 22:46:14
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version daf2c8c0795066867ef863d938bbbcc7391f1b4a (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140821204559-r19038-gfd36711 [Build #0821]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (fd367117, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (0da9a6b6, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.16.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest libnfs master (5fe97d10)
  • Includes latest libcec master (81e38211)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression.
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes PR5222: videodb: Add column name on GROUP query otherwise sub query returns no rows
  • Includes PR5237: [WIP][3D] add support for stereomode switches in video playlist
  • Includes PR5244: [UX] keymap fixes - don't overload pause action with something else
  • Includes PR5245: [UX] consistent playback behavior for music and video
  • Includes PR5247: StringUtils: optimize Split(), new overloads for Split() and Tokenize()
Build Highlights:
  1. newclock3-based build.
  2. New Aug 20 firmware.
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Aug 20):
    • firmware: dispmanx: Add a host call to trigger callbacks on vsync
    • firmware: mmal: Send port settings changed event to control port when ports are connected
    • firmware: image_fx: Increase max images to 31
    • firmware: image_fx: Add a handle to video effects so more than a single instance can be used
    • firmware: audio: Allow audio dither to be overridden through config.txt. enable_audio_dither=1 to force on. disable_audio_dither=1 to force off.
    • bootcode: Reninit sdcard after reading autoboot to allow switching partition. See: link
    • mmal: Plumb in deinterlace fast effect
  2. XBMC:
    • X11: fix multi-monitor setups after recent changes of X servers (PR:5256, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [jenkins] - when cleaning the tree because of changed depends - ensure to to doubleforce (PR:5260, 1 commit, 9 files changed)
    • [airplay] - fix http compliance by always sending the content-length header (PR:5262, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [Confluence] cosmetics
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Experimental newclock4 build uploaded: #0821b

Same as build #0821, but with newclock4 patches in place of newclock3. See here for details.

The only new newclock4 commit since build #0820b has already been merged upstream (airplay http fix), so basically there have been no new commits to newclock4 since #0820b however the latest firmware is included in this build should this fix (or break) anything.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-08-21, 22:14)pootler Wrote: O.K - latest new clock 4 build.

Channel change on live tv seems to work without blank screen
BUT- there is a serious video problem.
Picture jitters and stutters on all channels.
Really gives you a headache to watch it!

pootler

there are also serious audio video sync issues
The channels that were previous;y blank screen have a picture - but no audio

pootler
@popcornmix using #0821 I wanted to test the 3D playlist changes in combination with the resolution switch possibilities of the PI and unfortunately had a very strange behavior. While Kodi switched the GUI correctly between movies (had a playlist with 3D and 2D mixed), the resolution switch was more than awkward. It seemed to happen one movie later than it should. My playlist looked like this, while the applied resolution is in braces:
- 3D movie (2D resolution)
- 2D movie (3D resolution of previous movie)
- 3D movie (2D resolutoin)

can you reproduce this issue and maybe fix it? Playing only a single movie without playlist is still working fine - only once using a playlist it's borked (using context menu on a movie -> "add to playlist", then go to the playlist via sideblade and play it again via sideblade). I remember some other forum user mentioning that playlists are broken in some cases, that is once playlist finished and played again, movies have wrong resume points and other wrong data (or something like that - don't remember where I exactly read it). So it might not necessarily be realted to the PI changes itself but a core issue or a player issue.

Will do some further tests tonight with some other movie combinations. If you're unable to reproduce just tell me what you need (a debug log probably won't help as GUI switches fine, will it?). Tested with dvdplayer and omxplayer and both had issues. "Adjust refreshrate" setting was set to "on start/stop".
New OpenELEC Helix build: #0822
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.16.1 #1 PREEMPT Fri Aug 22 21:06:21 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Aug 20 2014 22:46:14
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version daf2c8c0795066867ef863d938bbbcc7391f1b4a (tainted) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20140822205802-r19076-g101849f [Build #0822]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (101849fb, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (60faade4, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock3 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock3
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.16.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock3 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock3 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Includes latest libnfs master (5fe97d10)
  • Includes latest libcec master (81e38211)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression.
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix.
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes PR5222: videodb: Add column name on GROUP query otherwise sub query returns no rows
  • Includes PR5237: [WIP][3D] add support for stereomode switches in video playlist
  • Includes PR5244: [UX] keymap fixes - don't overload pause action with something else
  • Includes PR5245: [UX] consistent playback behavior for music and video
  • Includes PR5247: StringUtils: optimize Split(), new overloads for Split() and Tokenize()
  • Includes PR5270: Fixes scanner exception while processing single episode NFO as multipart
Build Highlights:
  1. newclock3-based build.
  2. PR5270: Fixes scanner exception while processing single episode NFO as multipart.
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • Mesa: update to Mesa-10.2.6
    • libX11: build without loadable-i18n/loadable-xcursor
    • xorg: dont depend on scrnsaverproto
    • remove package: scrnsaverproto
    • installer: installer.target: no need to alias as default.target
    • busybox: textmode.target: no need to alias as default.target
    • systemd: update to systemd-216
    • systemd: remove more useless stuff
    • systemd: disable gudev
    • dbus-glib: dont build tools / examples
    • dbus-glib: clean up. remove dbus-glib:host
    • dbus: remove dbus:host
    • glib: dont build tests
    • glib: remove glib:host
    • libffi: remove libffi:host
    • Mesa: update to Mesa-10.3.0-rc1
    • boost/package.mk: added --ignore-site-config to ignore external site-config.jam
    • tbs-linux-drivers: update to tbs-linux-drivers-140819
    • binutils: clean up ppl/mpc/mpfr
    • automake: fix broken (re)build
    • gmp:host: build static
    • mpc:host: build static
    • mpfr:host: build static
    • mpfr:host: remove autoreconf hack
    • libffi: fix libffi.pc
    • libffi: build static
    • util-linux: fix pkgconf
    • kmod: fix pkgconf
    • systemd: fix pkgconf
    • pciutils: fix pkgconf
    • freetype: fix pkgconf
    • glew: fix pkgconf
    • taglib: fix pkgconf
    • toolchain: switch to pkgconf
    • xorg-server: remove not more needed patch after switch to package 'pkgconf'
  2. XBMC:
    • AEChannelInfo: Adjust the fixed layouts to ffmpeg order (PR:5265, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • cximage: fix broken cr2 after wrong backport of security fix d13aee8e81b... (PR:5263, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • JSON-RPC: fix detection of alpha build versions and add "tagversion" property (PR:5259, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • smartplaylists: fix generated SQL query for multi-value rules with a negated parameter (fixes #15313) (PR:5230, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. kernel 3.16.y:
    • usb: dwc: fix lockdep false positive
    • usb: dwc: fix inconsistent lock state
tested 3D playlists again. This time with "adjust refresh rate to match video" set to "Always" and "On Start/Stop". Unfortunately same behavior, the resolution switch is always one movie behind.
Updated from a July version to #0822 and the library isn't updating (when in tvshows I hit update in the left menu). will revert to previous release to check if is only a #0822 problem.

Scope of the problem:
I have .strm files (i suppose that .avi or .mkv will give the same problem?) of tvshows that don't update in the library. If I go to files they exist in the folder, but in the library they don't update.

It seems that only works by updating content manually in each tvshow (with new episodes).

Edit:
For what I tested in #0821 the behavior is the same.
@Mafarricos: A debug log (wiki) of the library scan would be helpful. Going back through the builds to find the last working version would also be very informative.
Milhouse, I will provide that, will make the scenario again. As I updated manually I don't have new episodes.
In #0822

Scenario 1:
Log for update option on left menu on tvshows.
Added new episode to Outlander tvshow.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=274920

Scerario 2:
Also tried from video -> files, in the folder outlander I choose the update content, also no update:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=274948

Now will go back some releases to identify when it works in one or other scenario.

Edit:

In #0821 the first scenario gives the same result.
But the second updates the library.
Log of updating the second scenario:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=274967
It's not seeing any change in the TVShows folders:
Code:
18:29:01  95.201851 T:2585728080   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir '/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.genesis/TVShows/Outlander/' due to no change

Try creating a new directory in "TVShows/Outlander" and maybe also "TVShows/Outlander/Season n" (your last season, which is what I assume you're trying to scrape in) then delete the new directory - this will cause the inodes to change and may be enough to trigger the update. It doesn't matter what you call the directory.

Edit: Just realised that path is for the plugin.video.genesis - is this your video path? Or has something gone haywire?
(2014-08-23, 19:57)Milhouse Wrote: It's not seeing any change in the TVShows folders:
Code:
18:29:01  95.201851 T:2585728080   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Skipping dir '/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.genesis/TVShows/Outlander/' due to no change

Try creating a new directory in "TVShows/Outlander" and maybe also "TVShows/Outlander/Season n" (your last season, which is what I assume you're trying to scrape in) then delete the new directory - this will cause the inodes to change and may be enough to trigger the update. It doesn't matter what you call the directory.

Edit: Just realised that path is for the plugin.video.genesis - is this your video path? Or has something gone haywire?

It's the path to the strm files, they are under the addon folder.

Reverted back to #0820 and it seems that all is working in that version:
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=274990

In #0822 I tried to add new shows (created new folders, and had the same result "Skipping dir '/storage/.xbmc/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.genesis/TVShows/(new show)/' due to no change"

Will go back again to #0822 and provide logfile of those.

Edit:
Deleted the folder and created again the files, in the library only updates the name of the show, but without episodes.
For me #0822 is really with problems with library updates, I'm only the one using strm files or with this kind of problems?
Can you confirm if #0821 behaves the same as #0822, because #0822 does have a change for tvshow scraping (PR5270).
Milhouse, in post #1075
I put the log of #0821 different behavior.
It seems that in #0821 if I update content of a single show (seach for new content) works vs update all shows (in that case the result is the same, no update).
Ah sorry missed that. It looks like PR5270 is causing part of the problem, I'll drop it from the next build. Not sure why there should be a difference when updating single shows and all shows, though.
  • 72(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8