• 103(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
(2014-10-04, 01:49)Milhouse Wrote: New OpenELEC Helix build: #1003
(Supercedes previous build)

@BoBeRzE (and other HifiBerry users). This build should be using 24-bit audio again and includes this PR which may fix the white noise issue. Can you test?
(2014-10-04, 10:40)tech242 Wrote: Since I have updated a few times in the last few days, I tried going back to versions that I KNOW worked, but I'm still seeing the issue. Any ideas?

Here's a complete log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=309891

Can you try renaming .xbmc (e.g. to .xbmc_backup) and restarting. That will rule out any settings/add-ons from causing the problem.

I don't think this is your issue, but remove:
Code:
<gui>
                                                <algorithmdirtyregions>1</algorithmdirtyregions>
                                                <visualizedirtyregions>false</visualizedirtyregions>
                                                <nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
                                              </gui>
which is just wrong for a GL ES platform.
Also this will make your jpeg decode *slower* - remove it.
Code:
<useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>

Assuming your network is wired, I'd also remove the buffermode settings.
Hi popcornmix,

the problem still exists with the last build Sad
(2014-10-04, 14:54)BoBeRzE Wrote: the problem still exists with the last build Sad

Does disabling GPU resampling in the video acceleration settings make any difference?
I just move from 3.2.4 to 4.2, I have one small question. I would like to keep the ticks next to watched shows, I would like to know the name/location of the database or config file that keeps track of this and copy it across? Thank you.
(2014-10-04, 15:19)Wanderlei Wrote: I just move from 3.2.4 to 4.2, I have one small question. I would like to keep the ticks next to watched shows, I would like to know the name/location of the database or config file that keeps track of this and copy it across? Thank you.

You could use texturecache.py (see sig):
Code:
./texturecache.py watched movies backup movies.dat
./texturecache.py watched tvshows backup tvshows.dat

Replace "backup" with "restore" to restore the watched statuses from each file.

Please continue discussion in the texturecache thread, or in one of the many threads that ask a similar question, or start a new thread in the General discussion section. If you require further OpenELEC 4.2 support, start a new thread.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Forgot to mention, starting with build #1003, I'm dropping the newclock4 commit "[power] hack - Make suspend toggle suspend state" as this is responsible for the Pi waking up several minutes after a library update (the precise number of minutes depends on your suspend timeout).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2014-10-04, 13:04)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-10-04, 10:40)tech242 Wrote: Since I have updated a few times in the last few days, I tried going back to versions that I KNOW worked, but I'm still seeing the issue. Any ideas?

Here's a complete log file: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=309891

Can you try renaming .xbmc (e.g. to .xbmc_backup) and restarting. That will rule out any settings/add-ons from causing the problem.

I don't think this is your issue, but remove:
Code:
<gui>
                                                <algorithmdirtyregions>1</algorithmdirtyregions>
                                                <visualizedirtyregions>false</visualizedirtyregions>
                                                <nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
                                              </gui>
which is just wrong for a GL ES platform.
Also this will make your jpeg decode *slower* - remove it.
Code:
<useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>

Assuming your network is wired, I'd also remove the buffermode settings.

Renamed the .xbmc folder and rebooted. After new .xbmc folder was created, added advancedsettings.xml so I could set loglevel. Everything else left untouched, and still I got the stuttering and identical error messages. New log uploaded here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=310224 (please note that log is from after I updated from 0924 to 1004 but results are the same in both versions).

Also tried all the changes to advancedsettings that you suggested (on my original setup), didn't make a difference.
(2014-10-04, 18:39)tech242 Wrote: Renamed the .xbmc folder and rebooted. After new .xbmc folder was created, added advancedsettings.xml so I could set loglevel. Everything else left untouched, and still I got the stuttering and identical error messages. New log uploaded here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=310224 (please note that log is from after I updated from 0924 to 1004 but results are the same in both versions).

Also tried all the changes to advancedsettings that you suggested (on my original setup), didn't make a difference.

The Pause/Resume sequence means we are not reading data in fast enough. That normally means a network issue. Is it a wired (rather than wireless) network connection?
The fact you had a problem with a usb disk is surprising - can you copy a video to sdcard and report if that is okay?
Can you check dmesg (ssh in and run dmesg) and see if any messages appear when playing the video?
Can you check voltage on Pi?
(2014-10-04, 18:46)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-10-04, 18:39)tech242 Wrote: Renamed the .xbmc folder and rebooted. After new .xbmc folder was created, added advancedsettings.xml so I could set loglevel. Everything else left untouched, and still I got the stuttering and identical error messages. New log uploaded here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=310224 (please note that log is from after I updated from 0924 to 1004 but results are the same in both versions).

The Pause/Resume sequence means we are not reading data in fast enough. That normally means a network issue. Is it a wired (rather than wireless) network connection?
The fact you had a problem with a usb disk is surprising - can you copy a video to sdcard and report if that is okay?
Can you check dmesg (ssh in and run dmesg) and see if any messages appear when playing the video?
Can you check voltage on Pi?

The connection is wired.
I'm getting the same errors when playing a file from the sdcard.
Nothing reported in dmesg when playing file or when stuttering occurs.
Don't have a multimeter available at the moment, but will try to find one. I have another Pi with a different power supply, will try with that one as well.
(2014-09-26, 18:19)MrNice Wrote: OpenELEC Helix build: #0925

log file: http://sprunge.us/QTLT

2 issues:
a) Drops when playing HD multichannel music
b) Unexpected down-sampling with DVDplayer

a) xbmc.log from 15:10 to 16:13:11
Playing HD multichannel file, drops occur
I use passthrough on.
CPU usage with ssh (top), is around 65%. This is not a CPU speed issue.

b) xbmc.log from 16:18:36
16:18:53 start DVDPlayer

My AVR shows 44.1 kHz
16:19:07 stop playing
then I go to system settings
16:19:34 force samplerate at 88.2kHz
16:19:41 select output configuration: optimized
16:19:59 start DVDPlayer
My AVR shows 88.2 kHz

New OpenELEC Helix build: #1003

Unfortunately, I still have drops with the HD file.

Thanks for your helps and advices
Config, video/audio player:
3T HDD <USB> Odroid N2+ / CoreElec <HDMI> Denon AVR-2313 <HDMI> LG TV 55UF860V
                                          <nfs wired> Linksys WRT32X router <USB> 4T HDD
New OpenELEC Helix build: #1004
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.16.3 #1 PREEMPT Sat Oct 4 22:26:46 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct  1 2014 22:37:42
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 93c98148caed4bc6e4a741944c2717318874e387 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141004222538-r19322-gdded97b [Build #1004]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (dded97b4, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (e6d2fb60, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.16.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock4 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR5217
  • Includes latest libnfs master (ab1af695)
  • Includes latest libcec master (81e38211)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (83ee302d)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (a3724213)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes PR5222: videodb: Add column name on GROUP query otherwise sub query returns no rows
  • Includes PR5312: dvdplayer: do a seek after having changed subtitle stream
  • Includes PR5324: Add setting to hide library clean progress bar.
  • Includes PR5431: [videodb] Fix MySQL error while cleaning tvshows
  • Includes PR5448: fix hiding component-specific logging when debug logging is enabled and hidden through advancedsettings.xml (fixes #15409)
  • Includes PR5451: videodb: fix issues with tvshowview by integrating "GROUP BY tvshow.idShow" into the CREATE VIEW statement
Build Highlights:
  1. New videodb schema [v89 -> v90] (PR5451)
Build Details:
  1. XBMC:
    • AE: fix S24NE3 (PR:5446, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Improve portability (PR:5437, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [posix] Implement new PosixFile (PR:5309, 3 commits, 7 files changed)
    • [omx] Fix compile warning after PR 5348. (PR:5452, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. newclock4:
    • [vobsub] Fix for incorrect colours with vobsubs and GLES
  3. Custom:
    • Added: PR5448: fix hiding component-specific logging when debug logging is enabled and hidden through advancedsettings.xml (fixes #15409)
    • Added: PR5451: videodb: fix issues with tvshowview by integrating "GROUP BY tvshow.idShow" into the CREATE VIEW statement
(2014-10-04, 15:15)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-10-04, 14:54)BoBeRzE Wrote: the problem still exists with the last build Sad

Does disabling GPU resampling in the video acceleration settings make any difference?

Hi,

a short test without GPU resampling is fine. But i still get noise with plugh´s test file in kodi. Otherwise my other audio files sounds very well Nod

But i have to test more intensive after a short nap Sleepy

Thank you all Nod
@popcornmix - you've already done so much to ensure pvr.wmc/Freeview UK recordings work well with Kodi/newclock4 with your various aspect ratio fixes, I genuinely feel bad about asking - but if you have the time could you look at one more issue?

DVB-T subtitles don't display with newclock4 - something I've experienced since such builds landed and (if I'm perfectly honest) I presumed were simply unsupported and their working with newclock3 builds was sheer luck. However, according to this trac ticket (originating from this thread by one of the coders of pvr.wmc) DVB subtitles should be supported.

Just to be clear, I've tried playing back videos with DVB-T subtitles through the Live TV section both with and without interlacing disabled (I mentioned this issue previously in the thread, and toggling deinterlacing was suggested as a possible soltution), as well as via Videos > Files (again, with deinterlacing toggled) but can't get subtitles to show.

A short sample file can be found here - the subtitles within this file display fine within Windows Media Center - and, from a very quick test, Kodi 14 for Mac (via Videos > Files, not Live TV) - but not these builds for rPi. If a debug log or any other information would be useful, please just ask. And thanks again for your continuing efforts.
(2014-10-05, 00:53)BoBeRzE Wrote: a short test without GPU resampling is fine.
Okay that's interesting. The accelerated code path may need a fix similar to PR5446

Quote:But i still get noise with plugh´s test file in kodi.
That files doesn't play with any media player I tested, so I'm not too concerned.
  • 103(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8