• 115(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)
(2014-10-19, 12:02)Jönke Wrote: I cant get 1080i hdtv to play smooth any longer with omxplayer, same for live-tv and recordings using Tvheadend.
Dvdplayer plays them "ok" (gui shows increasing skip)

Sample here https://www.dropbox.com/s/qxom325c4tm3if...6.mkv?dl=0

I've just tested this with #1018, streaming over SMB, using omxplayer, and it played fine.

My settings are:
  • Video OSD:
    • Deinterlace: Off
  • Settings > Video > Acceleration:
    • All video acceleration options enabled (so playing with omxplayer)
  • Settings > System > Video output:
    • Adjust display refresh rate to match video: Off
    • Sync playback to display: Disabled
    • Vertical blank sync: Always enabled
  • Settings > System > Audio output:
    • Audio: 2.1 audio over HDMI
    • Output configuration: Optimized
    • Stereo upmix: Disabled
    • Maintain original volume on downmix: Enabled
    • Resample quality: GPU accelerated
    • Keep audio device alive: 1 minute
    • Audio output latency: 100ms
    • Enable passthrough: Disabled

I'd suggest renaming .xbmc -> .xbmc.bak to see if the problem continues. If not, then it might be a setting or addon that is causing the problem. Add back your addons/settings until the problem returns.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
New OpenELEC Helix build: #1019
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.17.1 #1 PREEMPT Sun Oct 19 21:14:32 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct 17 2014 17:56:05
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 845092531e360acd37f2f1964157f8079c77edfb (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141019211321-r19406-gbef5be3 [Build #1019]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (bef5be3b, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (8e4bfa78, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.17.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock4 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR5217
  • Includes latest libnfs master (ab1af695)
  • Includes latest libcec master (81e38211)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (79ca6348)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (2bf2563c)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes additional ffmpeg codecs/muxers enabled for testing/benchmarking purposes. See patch
  • Includes PR:369: [pvr.mythtv] Release v1.9.23
  • Includes PR:5312: dvdplayer: do a seek after having changed subtitle stream
  • Includes PR:5416: added: POC mp4 movie/episode tag support
  • Includes PR:5524: Respect parent path decision when cleaning paths.
Build Highlights:
  1. Initial OE Kodi rebrand
  2. Enable additional ffmpeg codec/muxers for testing/benchmarking outside of Kodi
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • [xbmc-rebrand] xbmc: rename all variables '$XBMC*' to '$KODI*'
    • [xbmc-rebrand] libcec: rename all variables '$XBMC*' to '$KODI*'
    • [xbmc-rebrand] libc: rename all variables '$XBMC*' to '$KODI*'
    • [xbmc-rebrand] mediacenter: rename all variables '$XBMC*' to '$KODI*'
    • [xbmc-rebrand] config/*: rename all variables '$XBMC*' to '$KODI*'
    • [xbmc-rebrand] projects/*/options: rename all variables '$XBMC*' to '$KODI*'
    • service.openelec.settings: dont try start backup-restore.service if no backup exist
  2. XBMC:
    • [keyboardlayouts] add Turkish (PR:5532, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Better emulate system read() and fread() functions, fixes #15490 (PR:5534, 3 commits, 4 files changed)
    • [vfs] PosixFile::Write(): remove unneeded cast
  3. Custom:
    • Additional ffmpeg codecs/muxers enabled for testing/benchmarking purposes. See patch
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Automatic commercial skip, which broke in the build that introduced newclock4, now works again.

It was not working in 1015. It is working in 1019. I did not test the interim builds.
(2014-10-18, 20:00)slomovizion Wrote: Hi Milhouse

Unfortunately build #1015 doesn’t work for me. Output from dmesg and lsmod is the same as the builds where wolfson support is included:

dmesg: http://sprunge.us/jQNC
lsmod: http://sprunge.us/TgHA

Output from dmesg and lsmod output from build #1006 (in case there are some clues that I’ve missed)

dmesg: http://sprunge.us/NQBG
lsmod: http://sprunge.us/DDPK

best regards
I have the same problem. Hifiberry DAC+, works in 4.2.1 except for the white noise issue but I've been unable to get it working in these builds.

dmesg/aplay -l/lsmod from 4.2.1 working: http://pastebin.com/XpVnAv0B
dmesg/aplay-l/lsmod from #1019 no audio from DAC: http://pastebin.com/rwVGvEGV

FWIW, I tried rmmod'ing the arizona stuff and reloading the hifiberry module but it was no different.
I've tried 1007 but not 1006, I can do if it'll help, or any other logs which might be useful

edit: 1006 audio works but white noise still present.
(2014-10-20, 06:18)allan87 Wrote: Automatic commercial skip, which broke in the build that introduced newclock4, now works again.

It was not working in 1015. It is working in 1019. I did not test the interim builds.

Good to hear. It will have been #1018 that fixed it
(2014-10-20, 12:25)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-10-20, 06:18)allan87 Wrote: Automatic commercial skip, which broke in the build that introduced newclock4, now works again.

Good to hear. It will have been #1018 that fixed it
Thanks! I had not read the build description until this morning. I really appreciate your huge contribution making XBMC work so well on the Pi.

Thanks, Milhouse, for including the janbar commits (i.e. myth,pvr 1.9.23). I would not otherwise be able to test them.
(2014-10-19, 22:09)Milhouse Wrote:
(2014-10-19, 12:02)Jönke Wrote: I cant get 1080i hdtv to play smooth any longer with omxplayer, same for live-tv and recordings using Tvheadend.

I've just tested this with #1018, streaming over SMB, using omxplayer, and it played fine.

My settings are:
  • Video OSD:
    • Deinterlace: Off
  • Settings > Video > Acceleration:
    • All video acceleration options enabled (so playing with omxplayer)
  • Settings > System > Video output:
    • Adjust display refresh rate to match video: Off
    • Sync playback to display: Disabled
    • Vertical blank sync: Always enabled
  • Settings > System > Audio output:
    • Audio: 2.1 audio over HDMI
    • Output configuration: Optimized
    • Stereo upmix: Disabled
    • Maintain original volume on downmix: Enabled
    • Resample quality: GPU accelerated
    • Keep audio device alive: 1 minute
    • Audio output latency: 100ms
    • Enable passthrough: Disabled

I'd suggest renaming .xbmc -> .xbmc.bak to see if the problem continues. If not, then it might be a setting or addon that is causing the problem. Add back your addons/settings until the problem returns.

Yes, your right ! With a clean install of Openelec, 1080i hdtv plays fine again. Thanks !

af and vf is now around 20% before they peaked at 100%
(2014-10-18, 23:47)Milhouse Wrote:
(2014-10-18, 13:48)slomovizion Wrote: I can reliably get the digi to work again by downgrading to #1006. Has anybody else come across this problem?

Can you explain exactly what the problem is? You say it's not "reliable" - does this mean it's working some of the time? What is the output of "aplay -l"? Is the Hifiberry visible to XBMC, or not? If it is, how is it not reliable?

Sorry for being unclear - what I meant was, that I've tested every build since #1006 (fingers crossed) to see whether my issue would disappear (which it hasn't) and that the digi would resume working as normal when I downgraded to #1006 again. So not really the digi being unreliable as much as me being able to get it to work again every time Smile

I included that bit to indicate that I don't think my issues are due to a shoddy soldering job (which btw wouldn't be unlikely - I'm an economist by trade and soldering the connector to the rpi was the first time I've soldered anything to anything).

(2014-10-18, 23:47)Milhouse Wrote: Just an idea, could you boot a #1006 system with the start.elf firmware from #1007 and see if it has any effect:

1. Copy #1007 tar to Update folder, boot into #1007
2. cp /flash/start.elf /storage
3. Copy #1006 tar to Update folder, boot into #1006
4. mount -o remount,rw /flash
5. cp /storage/start.elf /flash
6. mount -o remount,ro /flash
7. reboot
8. Confirm if Hifiberry hardware becomes "unreliable", or not.

I tried the above. Both my rpi and the digi works as normal when I boot into the 'hybrid'. But I'm not really sure what to do / test with this combination? And is it correct that the output from "uname -a" should still say that I'm running #1006, ie.:

Code:
OpenELEC:~ # uname -a
Linux OpenELEC 3.16.3 #1 PREEMPT Mon Oct 6 21:27:26 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

Anyways, output from dmesg & lsmod follows below:

dmesg: http://sprunge.us/DDIO
lsmod: http://sprunge.us/BCjU

Best regards
(2014-10-20, 20:37)slomovizion Wrote:
(2014-10-18, 23:47)Milhouse Wrote: Can you explain exactly what the problem is? You say it's not "reliable" - does this mean it's working some of the time? What is the output of "aplay -l"? Is the Hifiberry visible to XBMC, or not? If it is, how is it not reliable?

Sorry for being unclear - what I meant was, that I've tested every build since #1006 (fingers crossed) to see whether my issue would disappear (which it hasn't) and that the digi would resume working as normal when I downgraded to #1006 again. So not really the digi being unreliable as much as me being able to get it to work again every time Smile

Can you provide the output of "aplay -l" when using the #1007 build (not the hybrid build) although I'm pretty sure you won't get anything output.

The fact the "hybrid" (#1006 with #1007 firmware) works suggests that it's not a firmware issue. What would be useful to know is whether the OS "sees" the hardware, hence the output of aplay.

The Wolfson commits have now been dropped from the 3.17.y kernel which should remove one more variable from the kernel that might explain the Hifiberry breakage. If the next build doesn't improve the situation you might need to contact Hifiberry for support as they may need to supply updates for the 3.17 kernel, or give some clues as to what kernel config options are required by their driver(s).
(2014-10-20, 20:51)Milhouse Wrote: Can you provide the output of "aplay -l" when using the #1007 build (not the hybrid build) although I'm pretty sure you won't get anything output.

Sure:

Code:
OpenELEC:~ # aplay -l
aplay: device_list:268: no soundcards found...

But as you predicted: no useful output.

Best regards
@ Milhouse

Thanks for your great build, I have just noticed that In the last build #019 the "tastature" is empty.
When I try to do for example a search , no letters can be seen only the left hand site with Done, IP, etc.
I have not added a log file but can do it if needed.

Cheers
Go to settings and manual set a keyboard layout. Fix is in next build
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
New OpenELEC Helix build: #1020
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 3.17.1 #1 PREEMPT Mon Oct 20 21:41:46 BST 2014 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Oct 17 2014 17:56:05
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version 845092531e360acd37f2f1964157f8079c77edfb (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20141020214034-r19424-ga66f6a7 [Build #1020]

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (a66f6a78, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (9a16e5d4, changelog) with the following modifications:
  • Includes newclock4 patches
  • Excludes the OpenELEC fernetmenta patches due to conflicts with newclock4
  • Excludes the OpenELEC linux-01-RPi_support patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from kernel branch rpi-3.17.y
  • Excludes the OpenELEC xbmc-001-newclock4 patch in favour of sourcing these and possibly more recent patches directly from newclock4 branch
  • Default setting for "Show RSS Feed" changed to disabled
  • Disabled "Total Duration" in Confluence (see build #0221 for details)
  • Adapted service.openelec.settings to take advantage of PR5217
  • Includes latest libnfs master (ab1af695)
  • Includes latest libcec master (81e38211)
  • Includes latest xbmc-pvr-addons master (79ca6348)
  • Includes latest xbmc-addon-xvdr master (2bf2563c)
  • Includes libcec double-key suppression
  • Includes libcec CEC Standby Fix
  • Increase scan interval of PeripBusCEC from 5000 to 60000, reducing CPU loading by about 2% (1GHz Pi) every 5 seconds (even when CEC is "disabled")
  • Includes CONFIG_COREDUMP=y to allow creation of coredumps (see here)
  • Includes additional ffmpeg codecs/muxers enabled for testing/benchmarking purposes. See patch
  • Includes PR:369: [pvr.mythtv] Release v1.9.23
  • Includes PR:5312: dvdplayer: do a seek after having changed subtitle stream
  • Includes PR:5416: added: POC mp4 movie/episode tag support
  • Includes PR:5524: Respect parent path decision when cleaning paths.
Build Highlights:
  1. Wolfson support and config options dropped from kernel 3.17.y
  2. So many rebranding changes...
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • [xbmc-rebrand] xbmc: update to xbmc-14-31ce987; add patch to fix building (audio)addons after XBMC rebrand; rename scripts, configfiles and systemd services; move install locations
    • [xbmc-rebrand] service.openelec.settings: add patch to rename XBMC's config dir; move install location, rename XBMC config dir in scripts
    • [xbmc-rebrand] samba: rename XBMC config dir in config files
    • [xbmc-rebrand] busybox: rename XBMC config dir in scripts
    • [xbmc-rebrand] systemd: rename XBMC config dir in config files
    • [xbmc-rebrand] xbmc-pvr-addons: add patch to fix install location, move install location
    • [xbmc-rebrand] xbmc-addon-xvdr: add patch to fix install location, move install location
    • [xbmc-rebrand] xbmc-audioencoder-flac: add patch to fix install location, move install location
    • [xbmc-rebrand] xbmc-audioencoder-lame: add patch to fix install location, move install location
    • [xbmc-rebrand] xbmc-audioencoder-vorbis: add patch to fix install location, move install location
    • [xbmc-rebrand] xbmc-audioencoder-wav: add patch to fix install location, move install location
    • [xbmc-rebrand] fluxbox: rename systemd startscripts
    • [xbmc-rebrand] ratpoison: rename systemd startscripts
    • [xbmc-rebrand] xorg-server: rename systemd startscripts
    • [xbmc-rebrand] projects/*/xbmc: rename XBMC project config dir
    • projects/RPi/patches/xbmc: update RPi support patch
    • [xbmc-rebrand] xbmc: add service script to rename XBMC's config dir
    • [xbmc-rebrand] xbmc: install EventClients to /usr/lib/python$PYTHON_VERSION/site-packages/kodi
  2. XBMC:
    • [darwin] - rebrand packages and binaries to Kodi (PR:5216, 39 commits, 144 files changed)
    • [fix] keyboard layout default setting (PR:5539, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • [rebrand/android] - mv tools/android/packaging/xbmc/src/org/xbmc/xbmc to tools/andrid/packaging/xbmc/src/org/xbmc/kodi - pathes have to match the package name which was changed to org.xbmc.kodi
    • [rebrand] - Let WinSystemX11 use the app name branding
    • [rebrand/linux] rename event clients and manpages
    • [rebrand] change .gitignore to reflect new binaries
    • [rebrand/linux] fix mk-debian-package.sh to use new app name
    • [rebrand] - show migration info IF the configuration data was moved during installation and link the user to the wiki. Show this dialog only once.
    • [rebrand] - use GetAppName in strings / logs strings and such
    • [rebrand/android] migrate user data dir to .kodi
    • [ios] - allow tap gesture during initialization for allowing the user to tap away any messageboxes which might block initialisation
  3. newclock4:
    • config: Add -finstrument-functions
    • Revert "config: Add -finstrument-functions"
    • Revert "hack: revert squash: don't update originaldts when marked as invalid"
    • [omxplayer] Remove unused function
    • [omxplayer] Avoid reopening stream when interlace hasn't really changed
  4. kernel 3.17.y:
    • snd-bcm2708: Fix dmesg spam for non-error case
(2014-10-19, 21:43)chocho Wrote:
(2014-10-19, 20:44)popcornmix Wrote:

Did this file play better with an older xbmc version? If you can indicate when it broke it would help identify the problem.

Hi,
I also experience constant freezes in Live TV on tvheadend from version 0921. On 0920 work with no problems.

Hello,

Thanks, me too. Since the version from 18.10. I dont have any problem with live tv or recordings (wmcPlugin) Big Grin
FWIW, hifiberry doesn't work with #1020

Pastebin.com/P6jqJ0mZ
  • 115(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi Part 3 (Kodi 14.0)8