Win Format of TV episodes
Noob to HTPC and XBMC. I didn't see a noob sticky and my search skills apparently are lacking. I downloaded XBMC and loaded in my movies. It downloaded all the metadata just fine. But I started doing a couple TV seasons of Arrow. Of course XBMC finds the files just fine but it doesn't load any metadata for each episode. I was wondering how I find out what naming convention (if any) the episodes have to be saved as in order for metadata to be found? Currently there is a folder called "Arrow Season 1" and then all the episodes are titled "Arrow.S01E01 - Episode name.mp4". Any help with my first, and certainly not my last, question is much appreciated. Tongue
Quote: I didn't see a noob sticky
They call them wiki's around here, stuck to the top of each page.

Call your folder "Arrrow" and stick a sub folder called "season 1" then inside that place your file called "Arrow.S01E01 - Episode name.mp4"" all without quotes.... or be lazy like me and drop them through theReamer and the come out all ready to go..
(2014-04-16, 02:39)PatK Wrote:
Quote: I didn't see a noob sticky
They call them wiki's around here, stuck to the top of each page.

Call your folder "Arrrow" and stick a sub folder called "season 1" then inside that place your file called "Arrow.S01E01 - Episode name.mp4"" all without quotes.... or be lazy like me and drop them through theReamer and the come out all ready to go..

Sorry... the "Sticky" comment shows my age. So what is "theReamer"? I'll put the data in the format you suggested and re-index. Obviously the quotes aren't in the actual format. Wink
Awesome. That worked. First world problem solved! Wink
(2014-04-16, 02:55)softballkid4 Wrote: Sorry... the "Sticky" comment shows my age. So what is "theReamer"?
theReamer is typo (or a whole new level of lazyness) for theRenamer Wink
http://www.therenamer.com/
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
I would go with FileBot as a free and simple way to rename content - over 18,000 files and a 99.8% first time success rate.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Format of TV episodes0