Updating Video Library not working correctly
Hi all,

my XBMC is set to restart each morning and is it set to 'Update Library on Startup' within Settings > Video.

This has been working fine since I set it up this way about 3 months ago but I have noticed over the last week that it is not catching new TV Shows/Movies that have been added in between XBMC starts.

However, if I then manually go to 'Update Video Library' it works and picks up and adds new TV Shows/Movies to the library.

Am looking to get my XBMC log uploaded some where soon but wanted to see if anyone had any idea as to why this behaviour may be happening for me.

Thanks in advance,

litfoo
Intel NUC DC3217IYE, 8GB Corsair RAM, Crucial 120GB mSATA, Windows 8.1 - XBMC Jarvis 16.1 - Aeon MQ 7, JVC HD-550 Projector, Beamax M Series 10015 Screen, Synology DS1812+, Qnap TS-410, Logitech Harmony Ultimate, Flirc+ USB dongle

Here is my log from first thing this morning as XBMC restarted.

and same behaviour - it did not pick up new TV show episode

XBMC log

Appreciate it if someone can shed some light
Intel NUC DC3217IYE, 8GB Corsair RAM, Crucial 120GB mSATA, Windows 8.1 - XBMC Jarvis 16.1 - Aeon MQ 7, JVC HD-550 Projector, Beamax M Series 10015 Screen, Synology DS1812+, Qnap TS-410, Logitech Harmony Ultimate, Flirc+ USB dongle

Can you reupload a log with debugging enabled? See debug log (wiki).
(2014-04-17, 08:11)Ned Scott Wrote: Can you reupload a log with debugging enabled? See debug log (wiki).

Sure thing - will do.

Debug links attached

Had to split into 3 logs as log was too long for single upload:

Debug 1
Debug 2
Debug 3

Thanks

To me it looks like NFS error ( NFS3ERR_NOTDIR(-20) ) - not resolving this path: nfs://192.168.1.88/volume1/synmovies/
- if your NAS/remote storage is set to sleep - is Wake On Lan working and given enough time to wake up properly?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
Thanks for the reply and yes, I noticed the NFS stuff too.

I am using my Synology NAS now and have exited and restarted XBMC

Started scanning/scraping but same behaviour - does not pick up new Movies/TV Shows

My NAS is not set to sleep and WOL is not enabled.

I then manually updated the Video library and it picked up the new TV shows and Movie

Not sure why it picks new things on manual update and not when XBMC starts and it set to update video library on startup

Could you try the XBMC Library Auto Update add-on? (Program Add-ons). Can deacivate most of the auto-stuff, but it has a delay function for the auto-update at startup. Set it to 1 minute or so, and see that changes anything.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
(2014-04-18, 17:55)pr0xZen Wrote: Could you try the XBMC Library Auto Update add-on? (Program Add-ons). Can deacivate most of the auto-stuff, but it has a delay function for the auto-update at startup. Set it to 1 minute or so, and see that changes anything.

Many thanks pr0xZen - I think this will work for me.

Glad to hear that. Please let us know if it does work for you when you get to try it out. If this sorted out your issue, please give + rep if you see fit.
Sure thing - will do.

Just having some issues with it that I posted here

That should be the right thread for it, better concentration of competence on both this subject and that particular addon.
Used the XBMC Library Auto Update add-on and helped me to achieve my desired outcome - post here

I have the same issues . I ran the daily builds of gotham and had never any issue. With the final release (and beta 13.1) my xbmc is always stuck at 'preparing' and never updates. I use mysql libary and the db are up to date. My sources.xml file is also fine. Any ideas? I have to rerun xbmc a few times and sometimes I get lucky when it starts to scan
Been wondering if I was going a little bit doolaley but apparently it's not just me Big Grin I'm seeing the same thing. I recently switched to a newly purchased NUC onto which I installed the latest at the time Openelec gotham - this was on April 28th (previously used my own ubuntu setups). Everything worked fine. I then decided to start spinning my own images of openelec and it was at some point after this that the database updates at start (and resume from suspend) stopped working. I only noticed a few days ago when I realised I wasn't getting any new episodes in the watchlist so I started digging around. At this point I was on xbmc master builds (so Helix alpha) of openelec which I've been compiling myself. Unfortunately I no longer have the original build I installed.

I tried switching the video library to NFS, still wouldn't scan. I even went so far as to reinstall my NAS (it's a freebsd based system) yesterday in case something was amiss there and nope nothing has changed. Additionally I never ever had issues with adding new samba share folders within XBMC but now I frequently get the Err 2 problem. Anyway here is an example debug log from startup:

http://sprunge.us/dDZh

It's interesting to note that two things "fix" this issue. A restart of xbmc or enabling the wait on network connectivity option in openelec. So it would seem that XBMC is finding no network connection and just skipping the update. Whereas for whatever reason it used to complete it. It seems the log confirms this(?) with the timed out and directory doesn't exist warnings. Unfortunately the openelec switch isn't a fix because I prefer to suspend my htpc rather than cold boot.

The other htpc I have is running a much older gotham alpha and seems to be running fine, updating from boot and resume No I don't think this has anything to do with the NAS since this setup has been running fine for a long time. I'm currently compiling an old openelec gotham build to see if that works (it may or may not be the initial version I used).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating Video Library not working correctly0