XBMC control from mono application
Hello,

I would like to create an application where i can control the xbmc media center within my application. The application need to play video files from a local database(preferably mysql).

I am a C# guy , so i prefer to use mono. I have already installed mono and mysql and have created a application to test both mono and mysql, i have also successfully installed xbmc.

Now, I would like to know how do i access the xbmc features from my application that i am coding. I know that there is a json-rpc apis available. But how do i call it within my application. Any help will be appreciated
Hi there.

Well, as you said, XMBC has pretty good REST server inside to provide quite good controll over the system.
If you build a Mono (.net) application, just use REST client (nuget) method to invoke command to the xbmc.

Here is some old posts of mine to help.

The Best way to start with this is just to test XBMC REST with e.g. Firefox's RESTClient addon.
Use post method and add "Content-Type: application/json" to the header. URL is naturally http://user:password@ip:port/jsonrpc
Body can be e.g.
Code:
{"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"Player.GetProperties","params":{"playerid":1,"properties":["percentage"]},"id":"1"}
This will get playing video's duration%
how is this related to the rasperry Pi?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC control from mono application0