50 euro for simple XBMC plugin
Hi

I would pay 50 euro for writing simple XBMC plugin in Python.

Needed functionality:
- user login (user provide login and password, plugin connects to the server via HTTPS to verify password. POST method used). If login/passsword is wrong, plugin shouldn't let user in.
- plugin will download canals list via HTTP and display it in XBMC (logo and canal name)
- play selected canal
- settings where user can set one of two languages and select preferred quality (SD or HD)
- checking if there is new version of plugin available (via HTTP). Only comparing current plugin version with version in file http://serwer.com/xbmcversion.txt

All details will be provided later.

After all, we will make call via Skype and we will go thru the code and you will explain me how it works.

I have basic structure of plugin with logos images. I have code that play video.

It should be done in 2-3 weeks.

Regards
simple? lol
50€ is very little for that kind of work. So little I think it's an insult to offer that little.

Make it 500€ euros, maybe then someone is interested.
indeed. unless some one has a ready to use basic plugin frame with all this already working and need to adjust it just a bit.
this is however quite unlikely and you will spends hours and hours to get it right.

as for auto-updating a custom repo can be create which will auto update the plugin.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi

Well, if somebody knows Python it's very simple.
It looks like less than 100 lines script for me.
Time = money

# lines of code != time required

If you can do it, then well.. you know

It's simple on paper, but could take some time to have it all ironed out properly.. after 2-3 hours of work that $50 doesn't mean so much anymore
Yes of course your are right.
But 50$ is a lot of money in place where are live.

I thought that here everybody are xbmc plugin developers so you have written a lot of plugins before.

And please don't say that is not simple.

Playing selected channel is one line.
Checking version can be done in 3 lines.
Settings where you can change language is also basic functionality of XBMC plugins (all you have to do is map strings to IDs)

All I need is to take it all and pack in functions.
I don't know Python to much but in other language it will take me 3-4h to write it.

Regards
The resource you're looking for is not a seasoned developer. Instead you want someone that is learning and wouldn't mind doing that by working on your project. The $50 is an additional incentive for them. You will get the product you want for the money you're willing to spend, but probably not in the time frame that you'd like
(2014-04-17, 15:57)marcins Wrote: Yes of course your are right.
But 50$ is a lot of money in place where are live.

I thought that here everybody are xbmc plugin developers so you have written a lot of plugins before.

And please don't say that is not simple.

Playing selected channel is one line.
Checking version can be done in 3 lines.
Settings where you can change language is also basic functionality of XBMC plugins (all you have to do is map strings to IDs)

All I need is to take it all and pack in functions.
I don't know Python to much but in other language it will take me 3-4h to write it.

Regards

If it's so simple and you're offering $50 then you'll most likely be able to learn Python and write the plugin yourself by the time someone will accept your offer.
We have some understanding here.
I know that 50$ is not an option on real world for that work.

I asked here because I believed that I will find here some fans that can help me with that (for little money as "thank you for your time").
This is how open community usually works. I could ask questions on the forum and probably get all needed information by free.

If nobody won't interested with helping me with this, I will of course learn how to do this and I will do it by myself.
There are hundreds video plugins that all works in the some way so I will modify and customize one of them.

Anyway it was not my intention to offend anybody.

Offer is still open... :-)

Regards
$50 for 4 hours work is below minimum wage in my country. A programmer who is experienced enough at python and xbmc to do it in 4 hours probably wants $50 an hour for commercial work (or more), or else wants to scratch an itch to do it in his own time.

Bounties have problems which have been discussed before.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
"This is how open community usually works." I would recommend you rethink that value. Sure, you do have people who will do something out of the kindness of their heart or if they're genuinely interested in the idea - when offering money for a job, this philosophy doesn't really apply.

Edit: I'm sure nobody took offense, you behaved civil about it after we responded. Wink

Correction: I see you said EURO and not USD, so 50 EURO > 50 USD - though not by much.
The weird thing about human nature is that nobody would have had a problem with the amount you offered if instead you had said it would be donated directly to the XBMC foundation.

50 euro offered to an Addon dev for building your addon is insulting.
50 euro offered to the XBMC foundation if someone could make this addon is generous.
Maybe i would advise you to share more information about what you're trying to get from your addon. Your explanation is just a bunch of generic functionalities that loads of addons already have. Also, 50 euros is such a low value that I don't think there is any secretism involved or any business/business idea to protect.
Please explain the idea more, make a request, share the link to the main site. Maybe, if there are users interested and there is no piracy involved...someone can do it for free/his own interested and you can even give that money to the xbmc foundation. That's how stuff generally works with opensource. Otherwise you'll have better luck (I guess) learning python/xbmc yourself and getting your hands dirty.

However and perhaps being unfair to you, I believe the way you make your request is far from inocent. You're mostly likely trying to get a piracy site you use a lot (or even own) in xbmc. This site (according to your post history) has live content, namely rtmp streams. So most likely to be one of those free tv websites. Moreover, to have a login prompt it is a website with live content which is or will be protected to members. See where I'm getting? Not judging you at all, anyone is free to use and develop xbmc content the way they want but I'm writting this message just to warn you that probably you're violating the forum rules. And also for you to have an idea how derisive it is the ammount of money you're offering. Live content is one of the most difficult content to mantain. You'll never get a stable addon and you may offer even 200 euros to someone to build that plugin for you. But after a week it will not work. Are you thinking about offering 50 euros each time the plugin needs to be corrected?
Also no mention of proposed licence.

Does this guy have more than one account? http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...pid1681324
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
50 euro for simple XBMC plugin0