Cracking Sound in Video Only / USB not recognised.
I am running Linux, v12.4 Frodo XBMC.

Since flashing with (MX_LINUX-1.00-G18REF_MX2REF-NEWMTD-update) I get a cracking sound with all video/tv (all music channels and radio are ok).
I have tried reflashing twice but the problem persists.

Not sure if this is relevant but the settings in System are;

Speaker Config 5.1
Boost Volume level on Downmix (on)
Output stereo to all speakers (on)

Everything else (AC3 DTS AAC LPCM) are all off. - I have tried changing these but it doesn't help.

On a separate issue - XBMC Backup does not recognise the USB - it did before I reflashed - my laptop detects it so I know its not faulty, ive tried formatting it but it still does not detect it.

Thanks

FIXED.....
Not sure if this is a known fault or not but I managed to fix it.... (unless there is a proper fix someone can suggest?).

In Audio and Subtitle settings I reduced the Volume to -2.4 db and increased the Volume amplification slightly.

Might help someone.

Still haven't solved the USB problem though.
There never was 12.4 Frodo release. Furthermore, we have no single idea what this version above their includes, cause it's nothing that was made by Team xbmc.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I see.
I got it from http://goo.im/devs/CronMod/ (first one on the list), appears to be very stable and the cleanest firmware i've used. Nevertheless Ive not had any other problems other than the usb fault.

FIXED..

Fresh install has not fixed the USB problem.

All good :-)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cracking Sound in Video Only / USB not recognised.0