XMBC Remote Appps Unable to connect to XMBC Server
XMBC (Frodo) running on Windows 7

Samsung S4.

Configured the web server and remote control settings on the XMBC on Win 7.

The official XMBC remote app, and also Yatse. Neither are able to connect to the XMBC server.

I have made sure that the Windows firewall does allow XMBC.

Have tried different port numbers in the XMBC web server settings.

On the phone, used a ping app to ping the Win 7 machine. That works.

But from the phone's web browser, http://192.168.1.104 (with or without port number) fails. Also, doing the same thing from another computer on the home network also fails. Pls note the above is the internal IP for XMBC server.

I have no idea what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Anyone has any ideas?

Thanks again
What is the IP address of the phone?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
192.168.1.116 - so it is in on the same subnet as the XBMC machine. I also pinged this IP from the XBMC machine and that works

Thanks
What exactly have you got set in xbmc services settings?

Could also be firewall. Turn it off completely to test - your PC isn't directly connected to the internet is it?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
The PC is connected to the home wifi network, same as the phone.

I tried with the firewall off too. Did not work.

XBMC settings

Allow control of xbmc with http - on
Port - 8032 (have tried different ones)
Username and password - tried with and without username/password

Remote control

Allow programs on this system to control xbmc - on
Allow programs on other systems to control xbmc - on

Also tried enabling UPnP and zeroconf. Didn't make any difference
Ok mine is set to port 8080. Yatse auto detects all my xbmc machines. Similar setup except running Linux. Pretty sure it uses zeroconf for this.

On windows I seem to remember having to install something to get zeroconf working in xbmc - an apple avahi utility or something. Sorry to be so vague.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XMBC Remote Appps Unable to connect to XMBC Server0