hey guys Brix GB-BXi3-4010 or Nuc D34010WYK?
hey guys im searching for a htpc so my two contenders are the
Nuc D34010WYK and the Brix GB-BXi3-4010

both same CPU same GPU
same Memory slots

almost the same product with the exeption of the included wifi/Bt mini-pcie on the Brix, and the 2 extra usb 2.0 and the IR on the Nuc
i never own any of this product family so im not sure wich one will performe better

im planing to instal ubuntu 13 or win 8, i was thinking on openelec but i need netflix as well so openelec is out
with a 32gb mSata and 4Gb Ram , Mce remote and a Rii mini
i had both on my cart but cant decide so i need some advise, subjection or recommendation

thanks guys
Don't know anything about the Brix other than it has SPDIF for optical audio. I reckon both of them are good PCs, though I'm somewhat biased towards Intel for stability and support. I have the NUC D34010KWYK with 8 GB ram and can whole heatedly recommend it. Just remember that it needs DDR3L memory and not regular DDR3.
About the ddr3l I didn't know good to know thanks nooryani84, hope a brix user can also give his/her opinion
(2014-04-17, 06:55)warlion Wrote: About the ddr3l I didn't know good to know thanks nooryani84, hope a brix user can also give his/her opinion

DDR3L just means it's lower voltage than regular DDR3. I hadn't even heard about DDR3L ram before buying my NUC. Make sure you buy memory that's known to work with the NUC.

This is the memory I bought for mine http://www.corsair.com/en/vengeance-8gb-...66c10.html
I was looking exactly for corsair Smile
http://www.ebay.com/itm/141226189971
hehe, yea I guess you could say I try to always buy Corsair for PSU and memory Smile
I really hate living in Mexico is really hard to find hardware and a lot more expansive lol
(2014-04-17, 07:26)warlion Wrote: I really hate living in Mexico is really hard to find hardware and a lot more expansive lol

Hehe, yea I can understand that. A lot of stuff we can't order here in Norway, but thank god we can order stuff online at least.
The RAM just has to be 1.35V. But I'm not sure but the Brix might also need the same low-voltage ram.
Anyway I don't think the NUC really has "2 extra usb 2.0" that you can use those are actually internal and therefore cannot be easily accessed. If you want more USB ports the easiest option is just to buy a cheap USB hub (splitter). You have to consider what is more important to you - WiFi+Bluetooth or a IR sensor? It is worth noting however that adding a WiFi/Bluetooth to the NUC later is easier than adding an IR sensor to the Brix. So if both WiFi+Bluetooth and a IR sensor are important to you the NUC+WiFi/Bluetooth card (or WiFi/Bluetooth USB adapters) might be a better choice.
Performance wise I'd say they are probably pretty much exactly the same, since it is the exact same processor.
The only other thing for you to consider is design. You might like the look of one box over the other.

Hope I helped.
I never buy for the look that the dumbest thing lol, I only care for the performance,
The Internal USB on the nuc actually is something I can use just need to make an adapter to add a 2.4ghz donge ,
I hate I really hate using USB hubs the best way to use a hub is a powered one and that's what I hate, the need so many power outlets.
Right now I'm going for the Nuc , but I'm waiting to see if a brix user can give his opinion before I make the purchase, that's because I had to order online and I will hate wait 4 weeks to get a defective hardware and had to returned and wait 8 more weeks

Thanks Tuberomix your opinion is appreciate and helpful
Are you sure you should be adding a dongle on the inside of the NUC? It's already quite cramped inside there.
Not sure I need to see it with my eyes is quite small the dongle I'm planning tu use , for the pictures online I don't see any problem but I will be sure until is on my hand

edit i just find this post and give me the confident to add the dongle inside
using a cable like this

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=166886
my post got deleted. Is it because i linked to amazon? I see other links to venders, just curious.
Ok seems that there is no brix users on the forum so I just paid for the NUC , thank you guys for your comments , the last thing will be a nas , I already had 2 3tb Seagate external drives , so almost done Smile
finally it will arrive today my new nuc so i start with the dongle inside the nuc

it will fit easily

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hey guys Brix GB-BXi3-4010 or Nuc D34010WYK?0