Use Original title (foreign movies) for local information only
Hi

why is there no setting for Local information only
-Use Original title (foreign movies) for local information only

I want to use local information which I already scanned with another program..

but it doesn't display foreign movies as Original title
I believe that if you exported/created your NFO files using original title then they will import with original title. If that's not the case then it would probably be seen as a bug.
(2014-04-17, 07:37)Ned Scott Wrote: I believe that if you exported/created your NFO files using original title then they will import with original title. If that's not the case then it would probably be seen as a bug.

Actually they aren't,

I use media center master to scrape the data for all the movies..

but when I look at my foreign language movies in XBMC, it only shows the <LocalTitle> that is written in another language or doesn't show the english title

It doesn't show the Orignal title, which is the english title

e.g MCM scrape this movie
<Title>
<LocalTitle>Mononoke-hime</LocalTitle>
<OriginalTitle>Princess Mononoke</OriginalTitle>
XBMC is looking for just what is under <title> and ignoring the other stuff. When you use a scraper and you select one kind of title over another, that is what is saved for "title". Maybe there's a setting in there for MCM for how they save the NFO file, I don't know. There's no setting in XBMC for selecting multiple titles in NFO files. XBMC just goes for <title>
(2014-04-17, 12:15)Ned Scott Wrote: XBMC is looking for just what is under <title> and ignoring the other stuff. When you use a scraper and you select one kind of title over another, that is what is saved for "title". Maybe there's a setting in there for MCM for how they save the NFO file, I don't know. There's no setting in XBMC for selecting multiple titles in NFO files. XBMC just goes for <title>

But why does xbmc offer the choice to use
-keep original title
for the scraping of foreign language movies (when I choose - the movie database > settings)?

MCM scrapes the movies and stores the <title> and <original title> tag.
Maybe a feature/option could be added to xbmc, so that when it detects a movie is not english origin, it should allow us the option to show the movie title based on <original title> tag rather <title> tag.

The problem is many of the foreign language movies in xbmc is listed with foreign language characters, when I would prefer it in english or original title which makes it easier to find and sort...since I can't read those languages anyway.
I just told you. XBMC only stores one title. It does not use this other tag that MCM uses. XBMC gives you a choice when you use certain scrapers because you have to choose one or the other.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use Original title (foreign movies) for local information only0