• 9(current)
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)
can't wait to get home and try this out!

thanks so much!

EDIT: Works GREAT!! thanks again!
Hi,

I wanted to use GIT from this link https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/...enelec-4.0 but somehow I am making mistakes.

Code:
git clone https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/tree/openelec-4.0#
Klone nach 'openelec-4.0#'...
fatal: https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv/tree/openelec-4.0#/info/refs not valid: is this a git repository?
Cloning a branch works that way:

Code:
git clone -b openelec-4.0 https://github.com/OpenELEC/OpenELEC.tv.git
LibreELEC DualAudio builds - 7.0.2: Generic.x86_64, RPi.arm, RPi2.arm, imx6.arm, WeTek_Core.arm, WeTek_Play.arm
OpenELEC 4.2 Beta 1 Dual Audio available:

OpenELEC Generic x86_64 4.1.1 Dual Audio
OpenELEC ATV i386 4.1.1 Dual Audio

I had to modify the patch file. Be warned, this was just a quick and dirty hack.
When I have some time I eventually will integrate that modifications in a cleaner way.

Binary packages and modified patch files are provided within the dropbox folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vt3zfnb1i9lja...WU8jouvsma
LibreELEC DualAudio builds - 7.0.2: Generic.x86_64, RPi.arm, RPi2.arm, imx6.arm, WeTek_Core.arm, WeTek_Play.arm
(2014-06-27, 11:56)FernetMenta Wrote:
Quote:Looks like this patch proved them wrong

Please don't mix up what we said. I did not say that it was not possible, only that it would require lots of changes in the architecture. You have to distinguish between some prototype as this patch here and a proper solution we can maintain over timer and which works in every environment.

I apologize if I offended you. I think my post was misunderstood and I can see how that happened. A long time ago I was looking for such functionality and began to research to see if I could do this myself. Then I came upon this and someone had already developed it. There is 1 particular administrator here who I will not name was very rude towards many users. I did not like this so I proceeded to defend the others. I would often come across posts where he posted, and the way he wrote, was as if he intended it to belittle others rather than give advice or ask questions in a very immature manner. This person has thousands of posts but never offered any advice without criticism or some type of condescending behavior. He posted a reply to one of my posts and that is where the bad taste comes from. If everyone works hard, but 1 person does it with a bad attitude, there is no reason for the rest to defend him, they also work hard as well. I wanted to report this behavior of him but to who? I hope I have cleared up any misunderstanding.
Thanks for this solution, best regards.
Looking at the patch I'd say that a cleaner integration might be to create a sink which combines two other sinks, i.e. composite pattern (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Composite_pattern). Ideally such a patch could introduce it as making the sinks a possible addon extension point, then the multi audio could possibly be an addon even.

A patch which introduces another audio engine is not likely to be accepted, to much code duplication.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
I agree that this patch should be treated as some proof of concept. However I disagree dual audio (or in generic - multiple audio output) can be some sort of addon.

In my opinion combining sinks for multiple simultaneous audio output is too low level for being a plugin. Shouldn't it rather be handled directly within XMBC core, generally creating one master sink and every audio device which will be activated/configured by the user will be a slave of this master sink? In that way configuration of audio output can easily be configured in a generic way and code duplication is kept in limits.

... and yes I know, playing 'think tank' is one hand, implementing those ideas another ;-) ...
OpenELEC 4.2 Beta 2 Dual Audio available:

OpenELEC Generic x86_64 4.1.2 Dual Audio
OpenELEC ATV i386 4.1.2 Dual Audio

(2014-07-24, 19:40)DarkAngel2401 Wrote: I agree that this patch should be treated as some proof of concept. However I disagree dual audio (or in generic - multiple audio output) can be some sort of addon.

In my opinion combining sinks for multiple simultaneous audio output is too low level for being a plugin. Shouldn't it rather be handled directly within XMBC core, generally creating one master sink and every audio device which will be activated/configured by the user will be a slave of this master sink? In that way configuration of audio output can easily be configured in a generic way and code duplication is kept in limits.

... and yes I know, playing 'think tank' is one hand, implementing those ideas another ;-) ...

Kindof depends on how low level our addon api is though Smile We have audio codecs as addons now, this is about as low level Smile

Anyhow, if it would use a composite pattern it might even be valid to have in core I'd say, as the impact would be localized to a few files (just the dual audio sink).
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
The current architecture does not allow doing this in a sink. The decision whether audio is output are pass-through or PCM is up in player. In order to get this clean you would have to feed raw audio into AE and make codecs belong to the engine instead of players.
Thank you for this dual audio patch. It really (finally) makes XBMC an all-in-one solution for me (HDMI out to AVR for home theatre, USB DAC out to component amp for music). Absolutely brilliant Nod .
(2014-07-25, 17:22)rvsixer Wrote: Thank your for this dual audio patch. It really (finally) makes XBMC an all-in-one solution for me (HDMI out to AVR for home theatre, USB DAC out to component amp for music). Absolutely brilliant Nod .

Absolutely. This is the key feature that even most stand alone media boxes do not offer. There is no other software out there that I can think of that does this. This patch is probably one of the best functionality feature to have on the latest XBMC. I am happy to see Devs in here as well. Amazing person that created this. Thanks from us all.
(2014-07-24, 20:55)DarkAngel2401 Wrote: OpenELEC 4.2 Beta 2 Dual Audio available:

OpenELEC Generic x86_64 4.1.2 Dual Audio
OpenELEC ATV i386 4.1.2 Dual Audio

Hi, as always thx for support!
Have questions:
1. So its 4.2 or 4.1.2?
2. Files in Dropbox have no Dual Audio addition in name.

Regards.
(2014-07-25, 17:22)rvsixer Wrote: Thank you for this dual audio patch. It really (finally) makes XBMC an all-in-one solution for me (HDMI out to AVR for home theatre, USB DAC out to component amp for music). Absolutely brilliant Nod .

I don't understand why people do this. Why do you need a separate amp for music? Why not just use your AVR? Are you worried about audio quality or are you routing it into another room?
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott
(2014-07-28, 17:30)Juno Wrote: Hi, as always thx for support!
Have questions:
1. So its 4.2 or 4.1.2?
2. Files in Dropbox have no Dual Audio addition in name.

Regards.
You're welcome.

1. It's 4.1.2, that's the same as OpenELEC 4.2 Beta 2 (the same version number of official OpenELEC)
2. That's right - naming is done automatically by build environment of OpenELEC - I was just too lazy to rename Smile At least folder name contains "Dual Audio", and XMBC info page says "xmbc-13.2-DualAudio"
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Project] Dual Audio Output support (Nexus/Matrix/Krypton/Jarvis/Isengard/Helix/...)9